Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Marauders #14 Review *spoilers*

Some more down time for Swordbearers as Saturnyne invites them to a dinner prepared by Mad Jim Jaspers. The fighting still hasn't started, but I'd say this issue is a nice follow up to Stasis. a lot of banter between several of the fighters as await Saturnyne's dinner to end and the battle to begin.

Notable moments are as follows

1. Storm having a dance and debate with Death of the Horsemen about her view on Death

2. Pogg Ur Pogg being Pogg Ur Pogg and all that comes with being Pogg ur Pogg.

3. Magik and Gorgon discussing their opponents and their possible strengths and weaknesses

4. Wolverine being a petulant child. Like I get it, but come on now Logan.

5. Isca showing off why she may end up being the trump card for Arrako. Really gives off the idea that she's worth the hype folks have been piling on her before she's done much of anything.

6. Jasper's betting odds on who'll win. Seems Jasper agrees with me that Apocalypse's kids are pretty damn boring.

7. Wolverine 'Killing' Saturnyne (TBA)

This issue is fun, but frustrating. On it's own I find it enjoyable, a lot of really endearing character moments, but as a part of an event that feels like it's spinning its wheels. It just makes me go "Get to the fights already!" i really feel like this and Stasis should have been a single Creation sized issue and X-men #14 banished to the void.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Sounds good to me.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

If laura was there she wouldn't have tried to bum rush the all powerful ruler of other world, who can screw they over out of spite.

Also what it's with him trying to get Brian to sleep with opal? Is adultery one of his kinks

Extraordinary Member

I think it's a good thing that the characters are getting to meet their opponents before the fight. It's not much, but it's better than having them all be strangers facing off.

Did Betsy have any good moments? Duggan said he wrote his favorite line for her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Did Betsy have any good moments? Duggan said he wrote his favorite line for her.
    Did he say it was for this issue? Cause she wasn't in it, save telling Wolverine to piss off when he tried to bully Brian for not banging Saturnyne into giving them the win.

Knowing the writers that was probably it. What a let down.

I didn't notice the first time War slipping Logan a roofie. If this wasn't Logan's "thing I have to do", I wonder what it actually was (Having a stern word with Saturnyne?)

Extraordinary Member

Storm told Logan 'don't miss' at the beginning of the issue. She knew exactly what he was planning.

The Krakoa side have been very bad sports. First Sinister's failed sabotage plan and now Logan just stabs the host.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I didn't notice the first time War slipping Logan a roofie. If this wasn't Logan's "thing I have to do", I wonder what it actually was (Having a stern word with Saturnyne?)
    To answer that question with another question, do you know how Damian Wayne was conceived?

Other than Logan stabbing Saturnyne I didn't really like the way he was written in this issue, he felt juvenile. Storm however was great.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Other than Logan stabbing Saturnyne I didn't really like the way he was written in this issue, he felt juvenile. Storm however was great.
    Logan was really annoying this issue.

Extraordinary Member

Agreed. I get why he's so angry, but the way he's acting is really off-putting.

Also, instant chemistry between Bei and Wee Doug.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I enjoyed the interactions between the swordbearers. The Yana, Gorgon, and Isca scene was great as were the Storm and Death scenes. Doug had a brief scene with Bei, but the data page showed even more parallels between him and Redroot, so no clarification on his tarot card yet. Caselli's art was lovely, but Delgado's colors were pretty drab.

Wolverine was terrible in this, from his weird beef with Brian to preemptively attacking Saturnyne which would accomplish nothing. If this is how Percy has been depicting him in his solo I don't know how people tolerate that series.