Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

I loved it. I'm wondering if War's drugs impacted Wolverine's attitude and actions so she will truly be to blame. The menu was....interesting. it should have ended something totally mundane though like "A Krispy creme donut for dessert".

BANNED

I didn’t read the issue but I am curious if death took off his helmet. I assume it’s a helmet anyway lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I didn’t read the issue but I am curious if death took off his helmet. I assume it’s a helmet anyway lol
    No, he didn't take off his helmet assuming it is one.

This issue was still better than X-Men although both were boring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    No, he didn't take off his helmet assuming it is one.

This issue was still better than X-Men although both were boring.
    Remember all those theories that storm would somehow figure into this in a big way? Or become linked narratively to the story at all? Wow that was off by a mile wasn’t it lol

Spectacular Member

Been looking over the scenes in the banquet hall and there is not one page with a picture of Solem. In fact he isn't shown once in the entire issue. Is this oversight of the writing staff or did he opt out of attending the meal as he wasn't a fan of the menu.

Favorite part was Doug's attempt to talk to Bei and her quick brush off. Perhaps she received the same tarot card in her and is trying to resist.

Can't wait until the next issue when we see how everyone reacts to Wolverine's act on the last page. Of course if Excalibur 14's cover is any indication not only does Wolverine fail but we will get to see the affect of whatever drug War was pouring over Wolverine's food. Which means another episode without an actual sword duel.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I potentially loved this, depending on how things play out long term. One of my biggest complaints for a long time has been an utter lack of good villains. Compounding this, it's been even longer since they've introduced good new villains. I get that some people don't like the slow build up but I think its doing a fantastic job of adding depth and gravitas to Apocalypse and Saturnyne. It's brought back Mad Jim Jaspers and added wildly to the dangers of otherworld. It's introduced the Arrokans and made them badasses. If even only a couple manage to stick around then this was definitely be worthwhile. I'm strongly of the opinion that a franchise is only as good as it's bad guys so I can deal if we're getting good antagonists out of it.

On the flipside if the Arrokans are all one pump chumps and are never seen again, then the build up is a waste of time.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That dinner menu was disgusting. I hope Ororo didn't eat any of that filth. Vampire blood, Pharaoh brains, squid piss, roasted devil, and fae wings? WTH? Is Saturnyne hosting a Spirit Cooking dinner? Did Abramovic plan the courses?
    Do you care if any of the others ate it?

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I loved it. I'm wondering if War's drugs impacted Wolverine's attitude and actions so she will truly be to blame. The menu was....interesting. it should have ended something totally mundane though like "A Krispy creme donut for dessert".
    He was being a total tool before she drugged him.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I dunno, given how the Krakoans were given time to prepare and how they're being total dicks for not killing Apocalypse themselves, Saturnyne giving them a one-fighter handicap for the sheer lulz feels totally fair in my book. Different strokes, I guess.
    Time to prepare? She gave them three days...

I think there's a long game from Wolverine at play here.
    He's not stupid enough to think he can take Saurnyne. Storm figured out he was up to something and basically gave blessing. SHE wouldn't be stupid enough to give Logan her blessing to try and kill an omnipotent ruler like he did.
    They are up to something else. It might be related to whatever Cyclops has planned, it might be a ploy to somehow get Saturnyne alone or infected with something.
    But I doubt it's just Wolverine being drunk and belligerent. Storm wouldn't be ok with that.

Saurnyne is really not getting a lot of respect on this thread I mean do you guys really think she is an enemy of the mutants after she let Betsy take an extremely powerful sword from her. I mean I think it's pretty obvious that she is just pretending to be anti mutant while helping them deal with this mutual problem of this demon horde.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Saurnyne is really not getting a lot of respect on this thread I mean do you guys really think she is an enemy of the mutants after she let Betsy take an extremely powerful sword from her. I mean I think it's pretty obvious that she is just pretending to be anti mutant while helping them deal with this mutual problem of this demon horde.
    I've been saying this! She is, at worst, a 3rd party arbiter who's playing things in her best interest. But even so - without her, what would the Krakkoans have? A full scale invasion by Arrakko that's what. At least they have a fighting chance to avoid that with a 10 (9?) man tournament.

Wolverine is such an idiot.

He really thinks that stabbing Saturnyne is A) going to harm her and B) do the young mutants that he cares so much about a favor? At best she's going to get up and punish all of them.

Also, Saturnyne thought that she was getting Brian in Excalibur but she did not call off the tournament, instead she was just going to give him a different sword.

So his whole "plan" was dumb af. He's back to being the pretentious, condescending Avenger Logan, I guess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Saturnyne sleeping with Brian has zero to do with the contest and Logan was never the best estrategist
    I just thought maybe this was Solem's condition for giving him the sword..like 'I'll give you the sword but you have to kill Sat9 , don't ask why just do it.' Wouldnt surprise me if it is later revealed that Solem owes MJJ a favour (after say getting adamantium skin grafts in Crooked Market). This is the only way to make sense of Wolverine otherwise being a complete tool. What guarantee does Logan have that Braddock sleeping with Sat9 somehow makes all Krakoa's problems dissolve? At this rate Logan should have gone into the vault not Laura
    Last edited by Rev9; 11-05-2020 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I just thought maybe this was Solem's condition for giving him the sword..like 'I'll give you the sword but you have to kill Sat9 , don't ask why just do it.' Wouldnt surprise me if it is later revealed that Solem owes MJJ a favour (after say getting adamantium skin grafts in Crooked Market). This is the only way to make sense of Wolverine otherwise being a complete tool. What guarantee does Logan have that Braddock sleeping with Sat9 somehow makes all Krakoa's problems dissolve? At this rate Logan should have gone into the vault not Laura
    I mean... Logan's big plan during AvX was "stab Hope" and his big plan during Children's Crusade was "stab Wanda and Wiccan" so I wouldn't put it past him that he really thinks that's a good idea.

I don't see why Solemn would want Logan to kill Sat, and why they think that Sat can be killed that easily.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I potentially loved this, depending on how things play out long term. One of my biggest complaints for a long time has been an utter lack of good villains. Compounding this, it's been even longer since they've introduced good new villains. I get that some people don't like the slow build up but I think its doing a fantastic job of adding depth and gravitas to Apocalypse and Saturnyne. It's brought back Mad Jim Jaspers and added wildly to the dangers of otherworld. It's introduced the Arrokans and made them badasses. If even only a couple manage to stick around then this was definitely be worthwhile. I'm strongly of the opinion that a franchise is only as good as it's bad guys so I can deal if we're getting good antagonists out of it.

On the flipside if the Arrokans are all one pump chumps and are never seen again, then the build up is a waste of time.
    Yep ,the world building has been great, summoners,amenth have me intrigued.White sword,Solem and Isca seem very interesting and they seem to dance to their own tune. It is even possible that down the line the four horsemen each have their own agendas and will act individually not in concert. The possibilities of alliances and betrayals with other realms are definitely there for exploration