Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Read it. Reminded me of his Black Panther work. Definitely sensing an Everett Ross/T'Challa vibe here. As for the book itself, it's Priest being Priest, meaning there are a lot of things I'm not getting right now, but down the line they'll make sense. Overall though, I'm liking what I'm reading. Walker's attitude isn't directly stated, but you get a good sense of what others think about him.

I'm in it for the long haul. Liked this issue and looking forward to the next.
    Every time I read a Priest comic, I shed a tear that he's not writing Black Panther.

I liked the first issue enough though. Typical mystery and non-chronological order storytelling from Priest. Reminds me of his Deathstroke run a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I watched the heck out of those movies as a kid, I won’t lie.
    Anyway, intentional or not, that was a nice callback. Story wise, I’m def. sticking around to see where this goes.
    Oh I did too and at the time I thought they were the greatest thing in the world. I have them on my laptop and still watch them from time to time. but man they did not hold up at all. Seeing the link you posted made me smile.

Back on topic since I have veered away. When was the last time US Agent was seen? I havnt been reading a lot of new stuff.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Back on topic since I have veered away. When was the last time US Agent was seen? I havnt been reading a lot of new stuff.
    I’d like to know that, too.
    I know I’ve missed a bunch of stuff, but last time I saw him he looked like this...:

Oh I did too and at the time I thought they were the greatest thing in the world. I have them on my laptop and still watch them from time to time. but man they did not hold up at all. Seeing the link you posted made me smile.

I last read him in Nick Spencer's run on Captain America.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Walker had a sister? That's news to me.
    "Cable was right!"

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

This was awesome. A fun read. Priest was great and it was good to see Jeanty doing interiors again. I hope he sticks with the whole mini-series.

Did anyone else get the feeling Morrie Watanabe was a nod to Morrie Kuramoto?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Every time I read a Priest comic, I shed a tear that he's not writing Black Panther.

I liked the first issue enough though. Typical mystery and non-chronological order storytelling from Priest. Reminds me of his Deathstroke run a lot.
    He's already done that, and magnificently. Give the man the Avengers. Or any book he wants at Marvel.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Deathstroke was a masterpiece.
    "Cable was right!"

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Deathstroke was a masterpiece.
    Co signed. One of the best series of the last 20 years
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't like the 'US' on the shield now.
    I am trade waiting this so glad to hear some positive reviews about issue #1.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

When was the last time US Agent was seen? I havnt been reading a lot of new stuff.
    His last appearances before this were the FORCE WORKS 2020 miniseries and a small guest spot in the HAWKEYE: FREEFALL miniseries.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And before that, in the Heroic Age-era Thunderbolts that got renamed "Dark Avengers" for whatever reason, John Walker got his missing limbs restored through biomass extracted from a braindead symbiote. As for how that intersection happened, it had something to do with a dimensional sliver carved out of Earth-616 by an AIM experiment gone wrong, becoming its own pocket dimension. Now, come to think of it, since Walker is technically bonded with a symbiote, or at least has symbiotic biomass incorporated into his biology, he might well be due for an encounter with the King in Black. . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    His last appearances before this were the FORCE WORKS 2020 miniseries and a small guest spot in the HAWKEYE: FREEFALL miniseries.
    He was in Sam Wilson Cap run as well.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    He was in Sam Wilson Cap run as well.
    True, but that was a few years ago at this point. He has appeared in the current CAPTAIN AMERICA run as well by Coates, but FORCE WORKS and HAWKEYE: FREEFALL were his most recent appearances, just a few months ago.

Just read it.

The pizza delivery sequence was pure Priest. Walker felt underpowered but it's been awhile since I checked in on the character and we all know there is more to Morri than meets the eye. Also Walker has a....sister?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Picked it up today and enjoyed it. I hope Priest gets a regular ongoing at Marvel. He'd have a ball with Moon Knight.