Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Felt like a good time to read this with the election more or less over

First time reading US Agent, Priest did a good job of getting across the basics of who Walker is. Dude’s a dick but a well meaning one, is clearly “politically incorrect” but not totally lost. That bit with the pizza guys was hilarious, I loved Morrie’s introduction with him pulling a gun on Walker. Priest is really good with writing the “sidekick” characters to the protagonist, curious to see what Morrie’s deal is. One thing I love about Priest’s writing is he forces you to go back and reread his issues to make sure you understood everything, makes the floppies feel weighted as opposed to the decompression of most storytelling these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Deathstroke was a masterpiece.
    The run that made me give a damn about Slade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Picked it up today and enjoyed it. I hope Priest gets a regular ongoing at Marvel. He'd have a ball with Moon Knight.
    That would either be amazing or terrible given Priest’s love of non-linear storytelling on top of how dream like most Moon Knight stories are already. He would definitely get some fun out of writing mentally ill Batman given that’s basically his take on regular old Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That would either be amazing or terrible given Priest’s love of non-linear storytelling on top of how dream like most Moon Knight stories are already. He would definitely get some fun out of writing mentally ill Batman given that’s basically his take on regular old Batman.
    Priest did write Happy Pants Panther during his Panther run so he does have experience writing characters with mental health issues, including as you pointed out extremely intense Batman.

I loved his Batman vs Deathstroke arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Walker had a sister? That's news to me.
    USAgent’s sister Kate Walker-Tolfisson has been an around since Mark Gruenwald’s run (she was mentioned in issue #335 with the first appearance of the Watchdogs, and in #352 when Battle Star was looking for clues in John Walker’s “alleged” death, and she & her husband “disappeared” and left a pile of mail, I used to read Captain America in the late 80’s & 90’s) Now USAgent’s sister showing with magenta hair?, maybe Kate Walker & Rachel Leighton (Diamondback) have the same hair dresser
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I don't like the 'US' on the shield now.
    I know, right?! I mean, to have that affixed onto such shoddy material feels so un-American.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-21-2020 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! I mean, to have that affixed onto such shoddy material feels so un-American.
    I'm privately hoping for a revelation that it was made in China... and to see John's reaction.. heh.