Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Ikarus wasn't ever on or above old school Hulk, i mean he was fairly ineffective again robot Hulk who is either on or below regular Hulks level at the time, he also got beat up by Red Hulk(without Rulk even using any draining on him and no this wasn't under Loeb). So no he shouldn't be of any concern to Thanos but this is comics and anything is possible.

Also at the least Thanos doesn't job as much as Darkseid, cause man has that dude been made a joke in recent years.
    Sadly after Jack Kirby, only Paul Levitz, Simonson and Grant Morrison remembered that Darkseid is supposed to be a cunning and insidious god of totalitarianism that shouldn't be defeated physically unless your name is Orion.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gillian is a much better writer than Bendis so I wouldn’t be too worried.

Not over in JLO which no one reads. That was 25 issues of Darkseid bodying the entire cosmic DCU. He just wrecked everyone.
    Even at DC if you are a cosmic themed comic, everyone will ignore you, except for Green Lantern.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Yes and I will be there with popcorn.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It’ll be glorious.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

In fairness, it's not like Thanos never jobbed anyone himself. Like when he somehow rediscovered that he had elite level psionic abilities that he hadn't used ever to detect and stop Monica Rambeau before she could EMP his brain. It's like the writer decided that this was now the perfect time to give Thanos all of the classic Eternals attributes, and oh, by the way, he's a top psionic at that level, and even though he could have used those powers to telepathically paralyze everyone that he ever faced without breaking a sweat and easily win the day, he never did.

So, yeah, if Thanos gets jobbed, so be it. He has it coming.

Eh, I'd rather Thanos not be jobbed out. I mean, I get it. For characters with decades of continuity, circumstances (and sub-par writing) are bound to eventually catch up to any character. I find myself getting a little irritated when it's one of my favorites though, so yeah.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Eh, I'd rather Thanos not be jobbed out. I mean, I get it. For characters with decades of continuity, circumstances (and sub-par writing) are bound to eventually catch up to any character. I find myself getting a little irritated when it's one of my favorites though, so yeah.
    Don’t you mean “characters leveling up to meet the threat”?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Why do you hate Thanos?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Who's writing Eternals again?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Why do you hate Thanos?
    I don't. I enjoy laughing at the threads that will surely pop up because some fans want Thanos to be invincible and never ever lose or be challenged.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't want him to be over-powered. I just don't want him:
    1) Everywhere
    2) Used worse than the guy who shot Uncle Ben.
    "Cable was right!"