Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default Recommendations for someone getting back to comics

Hi everyone! Due to a combination of lost interest in Marvel and DC's constant events and some financial issues, I haven't bought comics regularly for years. I'm now in a position where I can responsibly get back to comics, but I have no interest in going back to Marvel or DC. I'm not particularly interested in getting into new superhero titles either. To scratch that itch, I've got my collection and a Marvel Unlimited subscription where I read from the eras I like and occasionally check out current stuff (I'll likely be getting the DC service soon as well.)

I'm interested in most genres, though fantasy and sci fi are at the top for me. I was (and still am) a huge fan of Crossgen when it was publishing. One of the reasons I loved them so much was that they had so many different genres.

I've got an admittedly illogical aversion to licensed titles. I'd rather read something that the creators / company created.

So what would you recommend? Any genre is welcome. I'm particularly interested in supporting titles with BIPOC creative teams.
    Last edited by TimJ; 11-04-2020 at 12:43 PM.