Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It was extended? Why? I mean I thought a 22 issue crossover was this long because that's how it was originally planned?

Wait, what?

There was another Crossover? I though everything was all in place and was just delayed because of Covid?

Where are all y'all getting this information I feel like I am totally out of the loop?
    I was only aware of the first piece of information, but yeah the event was originally only supposed to be a month long. I assumed all the padding happened at the beginning of the event with the sword collection, which I honestly didn’t mien cause most of those issues were interesting but now it’s clear that there’s been padding throughout the event.

The story still doesn't quite add up. If Summoner took Arakko Coral to Earth before Genesis puts on the helmet and the fall of Arakko, how come he's not at all surprised to see the Horsemen at the head of a demonic army, and then continues with an apparently planned ambush?
    Last edited by Frobisher; 11-05-2020 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I bet we get a fourth telling of this story from the White Sword's perspective in a future issue.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Hopefully it won't take half issue to do it.
    No, it will be all of these reused pages with about 4 new pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I just think summoners are adapts and commune with Amenth the entity,I think they worship it,and maybe that is how they got corrupted, I think Amenth has always had summoners (it's clergy if you will) but since Arrako's fall maybe they are more powerful because they are part or fully mutant
    It haa to be something like that. Summoners probably originate from Amenth and I guess Arakko eventually decided to get its own Summoners to better match Amenth forces. But it still doesn’t explan the Summoner that was allied with Arakko before they went to Amenth. Maybe they will explain that once Summoner’s background and true motives are revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The story still doesn't quite add up. If Summoner took Arakko Reef to Earth before Genesis puts on the helmet and the fall of Arakko, how come he's not at all surprised to see the Horsemen at the head of a demonic army, and then continues with an apparently planned ambush?
    Yeah, this doesn’t add up. And I don’t think any lies or misdirections on Summoner’s part explain this inconsistency. Annihilation/Genesis specifically says here that she put on the helmet AFTER she heard about Summoner being sent to Earth. So Summoner shouldn’t have been aware of Arakko’s alliance with Amenth. And that could be explained as him knowing about it and having planned for this along with all the other Summoners but then why did Horsemen not feel the need to explain anything to Summoner? They acted like he would know that they were with Amenth already. I could buy Summoner just rolling with it once he saw Arakko had fallen but Arakko mutants should have been surprised by Summoner’s lack of surprise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I was only aware of the first piece of information, but yeah the event was originally only supposed to be a month long. I assumed all the padding happened at the beginning of the event with the sword collection, which I honestly didn’t mien cause most of those issues were interesting but now it’s clear that there’s been padding throughout the event.
    I strongly suspect they merged the two events and originally otherworld and arrako would have each been there own arcs and events as they didn’t bring up arrako being in otherworld until the prelude issues. People have pointed out that the stuff with arrako and the stuff with otherworld really have no narrative link other than both sides need to cross it to get to other so I feel they just smashed the two events together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Absolutely.

No, it will be all of these reused pages with about 4 new pages.

It haa to be something like that. Summoners probably originate from Amenth and I guess Arakko eventually decided to get its own Summoners to better match Amenth forces. But it still doesn’t explan the Summoner that was allied with Arakko before they went to Amenth. Maybe they will explain that once Summoner’s background and true motives are revealed.

Yeah, this doesn’t add up. And I don’t think any lies or misdirections on Summoner’s part explain this inconsistency. Annihilation/Genesis specifically says here that she put on the helmet AFTER she heard about Summoner being sent to Earth. So Summoner shouldn’t have been aware of Arakko’s alliance with Amenth. And that could be explained as him knowing about it and having planned for this along with all the other Summoners but then why did Horsemen not feel the need to explain anything to Summoner? They acted like he would know that they were with Amenth already. I could buy Summoner just rolling with it once he saw Arakko had fallen but Arakko mutants should have been surprised by Summoner’s lack of surprise.
    Hickman loves to subvert the reader’s assumptions that any information can be reliable. The more I think about it the more in character with his writing to literally use the same art panels and straight up say you can’t even trust what you are looking at in a comic book is very him. It’s another reminder that no character in this story or any of dox is telling the truth ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The story still doesn't quite add up. If Summoner took Arakko Coral to Earth before Genesis puts on the helmet and the fall of Arakko, how come he's not at all surprised to see the Horsemen at the head of a demonic army, and then continues with an apparently planned ambush?
    Because the Summoners of Arakko were traitors to the people of Arakko. The data page says that as soon as Genesis put on the helmet, both Amenth and Arakko's Summoners went on to work together to enslave Arakko's mutants.

It's even possible that Summoner did what he did to cause Genesis to finally give up.

He is a piece of shit.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

any more info on that female Summoner we saw last time?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Because the Summoners of Arakko were traitors to the people of Arakko. The data page says that as soon as Genesis put on the helmet, both Amenth and Arakko's Summoners went on to work together to enslave Arakko's mutants.

It's even possible that Summoner did what he did to cause Genesis to finally give up.

He is a piece of shit.
    So whatever the summoners are trying to do and whatever their “dark religion” is going to be key and the twist in this all. They don’t serve arrako or Amenth and we saw one on Okkara with their council before the cross over. There’s much more there and I’d bet they are the real big bad especially since we seem to know everything important about Anihlation now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    So whatever the summoners are trying to do and whatever their “dark religion” is going to be key and the twist in this all. They don’t serve arrako or Amenth and we saw one on Okkara with their council before the cross over. There’s much more there and I’d bet they are the real big bad especially since we seem to know everything important about Anihlation now.
    Yes, they do not even serve Annihilation, the data page specifies that they are not loyal to the Golden Helmet or Arakko, only to their religion.

So this story means house of M and the Decimation era of x books didn’t really matter

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    So this story means house of M and the Decimation era of x books didn’t really matter
    Why? Because there were millions of mutants trapped in another dimension?

Who would have just roflstomped Earth if Krakoa wasn't stood in their way. Sounds legit.

BANNED

This was a HUGE letdown, but I like the foreshadowing and the fact that Genesis still sounds like she loves Apocalypse, it's just that she can't fight the helmet.

The prophecy at the end was interesting. Maybe they'll stick Arakko in Mars? It could end up as a separate thing and lead to more issues with Krakoa being separated from his other half.

Yeah they weren’t a endangered species.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Yeah they weren’t a endangered species.
    Well, all of Arakko's mutants are now enslaved and used to breed hideous demon/mutant hybrids, it's not like they're "fine".