Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well, all of Arakko's mutants are now enslaved and used to breed hideous demon/mutant hybrids, it's not like they're "fine".
    I didn’t say they’re fine. Your right
    But they were never a Endangered species

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    So you're saying dodos aren't extinct, because they still exist in another universe where they didn't all die?

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    If you want to see it this way, Homo superior terra were endangered and Homo superior arakki were not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    So you're saying dodos aren't extinct, because they still exist in another universe where they didn't all die?
    The x-men lived in limbo for Awhile also

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

OK X-Men #14 and Marauders #14 weren't that bad but most of these books have been info dumps so these could've been regular issues instead of some damn "event".

Marvel swindling as usual.

Also I was wondering why people were complaining about art re-usage but then I remembered I skipped FCBD cuz Comixology was being stingy and skipped X-Men #12.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The story still doesn't quite add up. If Summoner took Arakko Coral to Earth before Genesis puts on the helmet and the fall of Arakko, how come he's not at all surprised to see the Horsemen at the head of a demonic army, and then continues with an apparently planned ambush?
    If you remember, in the first issue where he appeared, he was able to talk with War despite her being in Arakko. I'm guessing he's psilinked to his mother or can magically talk to her. When it became clear that Arakko joined Amenth, so did he.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It was extended? Why? I mean I thought a 22 issue crossover was this long because that's how it was originally planned?

Wait, what?

There was another Crossover? I though everything was all in place and was just delayed because of Covid?

Where are all y'all getting this information I feel like I am totally out of the loop?
    Yup, I believe it was at the con where X of Swords was first announced, where Hickman didn't want to talk about baby Havok in the House of X promo. Either that or an X-Monday around that time. But yeah, X of Swords was originally a more Fall of the Mutants type crossover where things thematically linked up but storywise you didn't need to read them all together with the originally scheduled November crossover being a more traditional one. The second canceled one I imagine is now going to exist in a more informal Fall of the Mutants way, since its plot threads certainly won't be fully dropped.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    If you remember, in the first issue where he appeared, he was able to talk with War despite her being in Arakko. I'm guessing he's psilinked to his mother or can magically talk to her. When it became clear that Arakko joined Amenth, so did he.
    Even though the summoners aren’t loyal to arrako (or Amenth?) they are super confusing and I bet that’s why the white sword is fighting both the demons and the mutants. They both are influenced by summoners who are the real baddies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If you want to see it this way, Homo superior terra were endangered and Homo superior arakki were not.
    I don't see how we could ever classify them as different species of mutants when the seperation between normal humans and mutant humans is allready flimsy to beginn with, because of it being based around a fictional "gene" that somehow grants super powers including reality warping and turning people into physical states where they no longer have any DNA anymore anyway.

The seperation further gets flimsy when we have to take into account that mutants generaly revert back to a default human state when their powers get supressed, which means they haven't really evolved past the state of being human yet.

So why would the mutants of Arrako count as seperated species of mutants from those born in the centuries after they get cut of from Earth, when their seperation from normal humans are allready only based on the same super power granting fictional gene when it's the same for both groups?

If anything we can say they are of a different mutant "Ethnicity" but that is allready stretching it, since again the only point of distinction is super powers and the mutants from the present day earth have just as many different kinds of super powers as those we can expect to see with the arrakoan mutants.

So in the end the only distinction here is of "culture" but that wouldn't warrant throwing fancy species names around wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    Even though the summoners aren’t loyal to arrako (or Amenth?) they are super confusing and I bet that’s why the white sword is fighting both the demons and the mutants. They both are influenced by summoners who are the real baddies.
    Yes, White Sword probably saw that Arakko was using Summoners and thought "Are these guys idiots?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    I also think the summoners are the true villains. How did the Twilight Sword reach Earth and split Okkara? They showed a summoner of Okkara in the council. Apparently, the summoners have been around since the start and they use their power to summon demons. It makes sense that they summoned the original demon invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I don't see how we could ever classify them as different species of mutants when the seperation between normal humans and mutant humans is allready flimsy to beginn with, because of it being based around a fictional "gene" that somehow grants super powers including reality warping and turning people into physical states where they no longer have any DNA anymore anyway.

The seperation further gets flimsy when we have to take into account that mutants generaly revert back to a default human state when their powers get supressed, which means they haven't really evolved past the state of being human yet.

So why would the mutants of Arrako count as seperated species of mutants from those born in the centuries after they get cut of from Earth, when their seperation from normal humans are allready only based on the same super power granting fictional gene when it's the same for both groups?

If anything we can say they are of a different mutant "Ethnicity" but that is allready stretching it, since again the only point of distinction is super powers and the mutants from the present day earth have just as many different kinds of super powers as those we can expect to see with the arrakoan mutants.

So in the end the only distinction here is of "culture" but that wouldn't warrant throwing fancy species names around wouldn't it?
    I 100% agree with you

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Yup, I believe it was at the con where X of Swords was first announced, where Hickman didn't want to talk about baby Havok in the House of X promo. Either that or an X-Monday around that time. But yeah, X of Swords was originally a more Fall of the Mutants type crossover where things thematically linked up but storywise you didn't need to read them all together with the originally scheduled November crossover being a more traditional one. The second canceled one I imagine is now going to exist in a more informal Fall of the Mutants way, since its plot threads certainly won't be fully dropped.
    Whoa, thanks for the information I had absolutely no idea; now I have feelings about the length of this crossover.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Do I need to go back and read some old stuff? Because if Arrako and Amenth are part of the Otherworld and these mutant/demon hybrids can just steamroll everything; why didn't Roma, Merlin and the other Marvel UK characters do anything about them until now?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Do I need to go back and read some old stuff? Because if Arrako and Amenth are part of the Otherworld and these mutant/demon hybrids can just steamroll everything; why didn't Roma, Merlin and the other Marvel UK characters do anything about them until now?
    They are not, Arakko gained passage to Dryador as Krakoa did to Avalon.