Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Did they show how they accessed Dryador in Creation or was that before that?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Did they show how they accessed Dryador in Creation or was that before that?
    They crossed something called "Dryador Rift" according to the Otherworld map, which looks like the equivalent of the Avalon Gate. But Creation begins with Arakko already launching the final assault.

Amazing Member

Just occurred to me that this explains Moira and Apocalypse saving the horsemen in the 9th life. It was like 25 years earlier so Genesis hadn’t put on the mask and Arrako wouldn’t have fallen yet so they could’ve just popped in and brought the kids home before they got corrupted. Whatever happened to arrako and the rest of the mutants is another question entirely but it might mean Moira doesn’t really know a whole lot about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    Just occurred to me that this explains Moira and Apocalypse saving the horsemen in the 9th life. It was like 25 years earlier so Genesis hadn’t put on the mask and Arrako wouldn’t have fallen yet so they could’ve just popped in and brought the kids home before they got corrupted. Whatever happened to arrako and the rest of the mutants is another question entirely but it might mean Moira doesn’t really know a whole lot about this...
    Moira said that once she allied herself with Xavier and Magneto, she couldn't get close to Apocalypse because he was in a violent and primal state.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Moira said that once she allied herself with Xavier and Magneto, she couldn't get close to Apocalypse because he was in a violent and primal state.
    In life 10 right?

In life 10 right?
    Yeah, it was something like "Apocalypse knows I'm Xavier's ally so he's not going to listen to me."

I was thinking about this too. But I am not sure if the dates line up. Genesis said she waited 100 years before putting on the mask, but she also said that they faced the White Sword 200 years ago and it's implied that she found Isca in Arakko shortly after. So that would mean she put on the mask 100 years ago. Unless she battled Annihilation for 100 years.

The panel of Summoner going to Earth makes it look like she JUST put on the mask, but the dates Genesis gave don't say that. It's either a mistake, or someone is lying.

If she really did JUST put on the mask, then yeah, that would explain life 9. Maybe they destroyed the mask somehow, but that meant Arakko and Genesis were lost, but the Horsemen were saved. As there's no mention of Arakko in Life 9's timeline.

I just read War and Summoner's conversation in X-Men #2, they are alone so no reason to lie, it really seemed like they were under siege by the demon horde, and hoped to find Apocalypse.

I think this is how it went:

1) Genesis defeats Annihilation 100 years ago and takes the mask back to Arakko.
    2) The crazed Demon Horde keeps attacking, Genesis refuses to put on the mask, mutants die and towers fall for 100 years.
    3) They are about to be defeated. Genesis still refuses to put on the mask and is ready to die fighting.
    4) Some Arakki mages open up a portal. Some of them go through elsewhere, while Summoner is sent by War with some of Arakko to find Apocalypse.
    5) Genesis realizes that there are now portals back to Earth, which means that the demons could go back there. This is exactly was she has been trying to prevent for thousands of years.
    6) She puts on the Mask to stop that from happening. She controls the demons, her children and Arakko. They make peace with the demons.
    7) War tells Summoner that they have changed their plans. Now, Genesis wants to conquer Krakoa.
    8) Summoner tells the story to Apocalypse, leaving out the part about Genesis being Annihilation now.

Genesis' comment about Summoner telling them about Apocalypse while telling him lies, implies that they were in communication while he was on Earth. So it's possible for him to be told to now betray Apocalypse. At the very least a month goes by between X-Men #2 and X Of Swords. So there's enough time for Arakko to make peace with Amenth, for the Horsemen to lead an attack against the White Sword, and for Summoner to be told to betray Apocalypse and Krakoa.

Or the panel of Summoner coming to Earth happened much later than the helmet, and they always planned on luring Apocalyse to Arakko.
    Last edited by Viteh; 11-06-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Was this in the Moira reveal issue?
    And sooo Apoc has the 3 kids War, Pestilence,Death?
    GrindrStone(D)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I was thinking about this too. But I am not sure if the dates line up. Genesis said she waited 100 years before putting on the mask, but she also said that they faced the White Sword 200 years ago and it's implied that she found Isca in Arakko shortly after. So that would mean she put on the mask 100 years ago. Unless she battled Annihilation for 100 years.

The panel of Summoner going to Earth makes it look like she JUST put on the mask, but the dates Genesis gave don't say that. It's either a mistake, or someone is lying.

If she really did JUST put on the mask, then yeah, that would explain life 9. Maybe they destroyed the mask somehow, but that meant Arakko and Genesis were lost, but the Horsemen were saved. As there's no mention of Arakko in Life 9's timeline.

I just read War and Summoner's conversation in X-Men #2, they are alone so no reason to lie, it really seemed like they were under siege by the demon horde, and hoped to find Apocalypse.

I think this is how it went:

1) Genesis defeats Annihilation 100 years ago and takes the mask back to Arakko.
    2) The crazed Demon Horde keeps attacking, Genesis refuses to put on the mask, mutants die and towers fall for 100 years.
    3) They are about to be defeated. Genesis still refuses to put on the mask and is ready to die fighting.
    4) Some Arakki mages open up a portal. Some of them go through elsewhere, while Summoner is sent by War with some of Arakko to find Apocalypse.
    5) Genesis realizes that there are now portals back to Earth, which means that the demons could go back there. This is exactly was she has been trying to prevent for thousands of years.
    6) She puts on the Mask to stop that from happening. She controls the demons, her children and Arakko. They make peace with the demons.
    7) War tells Summoner that they have changed their plans. Now, Genesis wants to conquer Krakoa.
    8) Summoner tells the story to Apocalypse, leaving out the part about Genesis being Annihilation now.

Genesis' comment about Summoner telling them about Apocalypse while telling him lies, implies that they were in communication while he was on Earth. So it's possible for him to be told to now betray Apocalypse. At the very least a month goes by between X-Men #2 and X Of Swords. So there's enough time for Arakko to make peace with Amenth, for the Horsemen to lead an attack against the White Sword, and for Summoner to be told to betray Apocalypse and Krakoa.

Or the panel of Summoner coming to Earth happened much later than the helmet, and they always planned on luring Apocalyse to Arakko.
    I dunno man....I think we can trust what Genesis said in the last chapter for the most part. She couldÂ’ve faced the white sword 200 years ago then taken 100 years to get from the Ivory Spire back to Arrako, parlay with Isca and fight Anihlation. She said she waited and was a captive for 100 years while she resisted wearing the mask. During that time towers fell and then when they opened up gate to send the summoner through she put it on to try and control the hoard. Summoner could have learned that arrako had joined up with Amenth after he got to earth and made the ambush plan. Seems to me like that all works out.

Questions:
    1. whatÂ’s the summoners role? TheyÂ’ve been around since Okkara days and arenÂ’t loyal to Amenth or Arakko. What do they want? Seems like the big bad.

2. There are 1million mutants captured in Arrako. That a ton. IÂ’m of the belief that Moir is trying to collect all the mutant consciences to offer the phalanx/make a domino. I bet she wants those somehow...

Amazing Member

And famine

I see the truth of all this Arakko treachery to be... Genesis put on the Annihilation mask, took control of the mutants and the demons, began plotting to take over Earth, and sent Summoner and that bit of Arakko to scout ahead/merge with Krakoa as the first salvo of their plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm wondering how the White Sword fits into all of this. Genesis' story aligned with the Summoners' that he went mad with his new found religion and viewed the Arraki and Amenth one and the same. As a result of that he attacked them at the White Spire. Yet in Stasis, White Sword clearly viewed Genesis and the horsemen as traitors to Okarra. Is Genesis still not telling Apocalypse the whole truth?

There seems to be a disconnect here. I see no pretext for him lying given the circumstances(he was talking directly to the horsemen). I also wonder what Death/Famine promised him if they win the tournament? Hickman intentionally left that open ended. I'd imagine he wants to obliterate Amenth once and for all, so I can see him betraying them and trying to destroy the helm. He's an external with 'omega' healing powers so maybe he has some type of immunity to the helm. Either way I wouldn't be surprised if we see him switch sides.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I 100% agree with you
    Mutants and humans are the same species all humans have x genes just done have activated x genes and some don’t. Mutation is a genetic quirk and there are literally hundreds of stories of people using medical treatments to turn their x-gene on or off. Technically anyone could be a mutant using crisper lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Mutants and humans are the same species all humans have x genes just done have activated x genes and some don’t. Mutation is a genetic quirk and there are literally hundreds of stories of people using medical treatments to turn their x-gene on or off. Technically anyone could be a mutant using crisper lol
    Uh not all humans have an X-Gene
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I’ve argued for a bit that we are watching Moria break apocalypse so he fits better into the long term plan of fighting the neo. Which I like. We are actively watching a characters super objective change from being “I am the strongest and need to lead” to I am the weakest and need to follow”. I feel the biggest flaw of all of DOX is we didn’t or haven’t yet seen how Moria broke Xavier into what he is now so I like that they are showing the work with apocalypse. I don’t think we needed 22 issues to break him but well here we are