Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    What an incredibly weird series of legal challenges this show faced as a Marvel property. It's X-Men but then again it's not; they're the New Mutants but not from the comics; it's Marvel but there's no real connection to Marvel lore; it's Marvel but they were sued by Fox for developing a Marvel property; they're mutants but not those kinds of mutants; there's a psychic named Emma but it's not Emma Frost, etc.

Interesting that George Buza was in the show but I wonder if he *thought* he was joining another X-Men property. I mean, after all, the terms "Marvel" and "Mutant" and "X" were all there.
    I actually mistook it for a legit X-Men series just with some changes before I found out they were experiments and it was partly created by Avi Arad who was the head of some department of which I don't remember at Marvel. He did a lot of commentary on the films as well. They thought they could get around the legal issues by making it an Australian production.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I was a kid when I watched that movie.

And it was also one of the first times I thought to myself, as a kid, "I've wasted 2 hours of my life." Super depressing, bad even by B-movie standards, and they whitewashed Jubilee, too (when I went to school the next day and talked to my classmates about the movie, everyone wondered why Jubilee wasn't Asian).
    That's because of TAS I imagine. I actually watched it too. I admit I enjoyed it for what it was at the time because it was live action X-Men. Like the Marvel Nick Fury film I'm a bit embarrassed to admit. Yes, the one with "The Hoff."

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I also remember the woman who played Emma that gave her an English accent was an Soap Opera actress from a Soap Opera I didn't watch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I also remember the woman who played Emma that gave her an English accent was an Soap Opera actress from a Soap Opera I didn't watch.
    Lauren Lee Smith was Riley on CSi and right now is the star of Frankie Drake Mysteries. I didn't expect her to go that far over Victoria Pratt, who's dropped off the Earth.

Not really "Off The Face Of The Earth..."

Just don't look into it too hard. You'll wonder if some sort of an involved joke is in the middle of being played.

I remember seeing the commercials. I know its pretty damn old. Any thoughts from those who saw it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant...%20experiments.
    Well, it was pretty much a James Bond villain who was as corny as all get out. I know they later tried to make him serious. There was an episode where they had a big reveal at the end that it was him and that ruined the whole thing of finally having a serious villain, at least for me. It had gone too far. There was no way to take him seriously

I found the characters utterly superficial and dislikable. Granted, in television shows and movies, characters tend to be played by professional models more often than not but these characters only cared about stuff like "clubbing". It slapped you in the face that these were all professional models, most of whom were very limited as actors.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Lauren Lee Smith was Riley on CSi and right now is the star of Frankie Drake Mysteries. I didn't expect her to go that far over Victoria Pratt, who's dropped off the Earth.

Unless you are talking about the Emma from the Generation X movie. That was Finola Hughes, who was on General Hospital (and also had a recurring role as the mother on Charmed). And if you go on her IMDB page, she has pictures of her as Emma Frost.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Unless you are talking about the Emma from the Generation X movie. That was Finola Hughes, who was on General Hospital (and also had a recurring role as the mother on Charmed). And if you go on her IMDB page, she has pictures of her as Emma Frost.
    I misunderstood. When I saw "Emma" I thought it was about the actress who played Emma DeLauro on Mutant X. Generation X sure was a movie, though.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Reruns still air early Mondays (3-5 AM ET) on Heroes&Icons, if you have it in your area. The last season or so gets weird. Karen Cliche seemed to kill series.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I misunderstood. When I saw "Emma" I thought it was about the actress who played Emma DeLauro on Mutant X. Generation X sure was a movie, though.
    Thats ok, we got some new trivia.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Yeah, that would be her. I'm was a DAYs watcher. She didn't do such a bad job for what it was.

Ultimate Member

I thought it was interesting how the show's premise broke mutants down into four categories; psychics, ferals (with animalistic traits), energetics (like lightning lad) and 'moleculars' (able to alter properties like density or turn to metal or shrink or whatever), or something to that effect (it's been awhile and I may be misremembering). That's a neat sort of subtyping that the comics never really explicitly covered, even if there are plenty of examples of each. It was cool that the core four main characters at the start covered each of the four categories, as well.