Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Something so shady would hardly connect. They are lying and hiding the truth from everyone else, that is not a solid base for a new country.
    We still don't know the Moira or Xavier endgames
    The problem with Krakoa is the concept of the nation state. nationalism can only lead into violence in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The problem with Krakoa is the concept of the nation state. nationalism can only lead into violence in my eyes.
    Yeah because living with humans has meant so much peace for the mutants thus far /s

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Violence happens because all sentient and sapient creatures are capable of violence for whatever reason. Animals don't have a nation state but are still violent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Violence happens because all sentient and sapient creatures are capable of violence for whatever reason. Animals don't have a nation state but are still violent.
    Sure violence happen in many ways. But we can't look away that extreme nationalism cased genocides and ar. it is extremely dangerous

Well... Even Love and Happiness leads to great violence... So...

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Sure violence happen in many ways. But we can't look away that extreme nationalism cased genocides and ar. it is extremely dangerous
    Really don't see the mutants going down this route considering they are the survivors of multiple genocides.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Makes as much sense saying we shouldn't have Krakoa because of fear of nationalism as saying we shouldn't have the United States for fear of nationalism. Hell, considering the damage the US has done on the world, there's more of a case for it disbanding!

I think that's the point. Hickman is very cynical and pessimist in his works. He leaves a tiny space for sentimentality, but he's rather bleak overall.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Really don't see the mutants going down this route considering they are the survivors of multiple genocides.
    There's a country named israel, that i think the Gaza strip would have some words about in this summation.

I don't think they're going to, because Comics, but let's not pretend like the Geopolitical situation is so black and white.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yes, but take into account a: sometimes, writers are morons and b: half the govt is run by literal supervillains.

I could foresee a potential scenario post-Hickman where someone decided a Krakoa vs Humanity event will be that summers big event. AvX on super steroids.

They've already committed genocide for economic reasons. They don't need nationalism to do it.

Mighty Member

Oh man, I totally forgot about Terra Verde. Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    They've already committed genocide for economic reasons. They don't need nationalism to do it.
    In this case, the economy and nation are inextricably fused. You know, the literal definition of fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In this case, the economy and nation are inextricably fused. You know, the literal definition of fascism.
    Isn't that communism? Honest question, I legit don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Isn't that communism? Honest question, I legit don't know.
    Definition of fascism

1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition