Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Judging by some reactions to how the event turned out so far, i get the faint feeling it will be some years until parts of the X-men fandom won't react with an annoyed sound everytime swords are brought up as plot point in the following stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as "worse than Chuck Austen" but the reading experience is about as painful for me, considering how my favorite character is treated.
    Reading on what is going on in the book, i can understand the negative opinion, but somehow the book seems to sell well enough that it has lasted past the first year allready, so it seems to have some audience which seem to enjoy or at least buy it despite the apparent quality level of the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Awww. What about ironic/campy appreciation? (...) The books thought so hard they were subverting/inverting/whatever tropes, but (somehow?!) didn't realize they were doing it in the most obnoxious/cringey/juvenile way possible.
    This might sound weird, but i have the slight feeling part of the writing team genuinely thought this is a normal way to progress a story like this or never thought the whole thing would feel like the build up an epic sword fighting tournament, which they are now subverting by accident.

Of course this feeling could be wrong and it really is a fully planned attempt at suprising the reader, what ever they did it well or not.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-17-2020 at 05:44 AM.