Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m to blame. I hate all of it and I continue to buy every issue.
    The first step is admitting to the problem my friend.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The first step is admitting to the problem my friend.
    The issue is I really want to like everything and I usually do. This just hasn’t grabbed me. I think it’s all the new original characters and just my lack of love for all of the new OC’s.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Pre-Finale Prediction:

Once all is said and done, Kid Cable will have accomplished more than all the other Krakoan champions put together minus Betsy (because of course) by calling home and crying to mommy and daddy.
    What makes me angry is that this is entirely plausible, even likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m to blame. I hate all of it and I continue to buy every issue.
    I prefer reread issues I liked than reading new issues I know I won’t like. Authors here are not be blamed: they just don’t meet your expectations.

It would be better if you could borrowed these issues from someone else: you would have lower expectations.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I really wished we would get a second Hickman main book. I think this would save my personal excitement for the current run. He needs more pages to develop the new concepts he has established so far and most authors in his team cannot really keep up with it in my eyes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It would be kinda funny and sad if HOX POX ends up the best Hi-XMan comic of his multi-year X run.
    I think the saga that completes the run will be close to the epic of HoX/PoX ...short of that yeah Hox/Pox will be his magnum opus

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I just think that with the vast array of characters offered in XoS, we could do better than to have Wolverine crowding everyone else out.
    At this point ,I'd be ok with Tarn reconfiguring Logan ,if that is what it takes.Really tired of Logan taking the wheel on every 'tour'

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think the saga that completes the run will be close to the epic of HoX/PoX ...short of that yeah Hox/Pox will be his magnum opus
    I don't really mind HoX/PoX being close to the peak since they are some of my favorite comics ever and pretty much revitalized my interest in this franchise. I just want more from the monthly. I liked it so far but it's just ok. I need more X and Moira shenanigans since they were what really propelled that book to its highest level for me. That combined with the whole Phalanx and mecha-humans storyline. I know we'll get there eventually though so I'm enjoying the ride

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I don't really mind HoX/PoX being close to the peak since they are some of my favorite comics ever and pretty much revitalized my interest in this franchise. I just want more from the monthly. I liked it so far but it's just ok. I need more X and Moira shenanigans since they were what really propelled that book to its highest level for me. That combined with the whole Phalanx and mecha-humans storyline. I know we'll get there eventually though so I'm enjoying the ride
    I recently re-read everything from the beginning from HOX/POX the other X-titles do not come close to the tone of Hickman's X-Men the only one that comes close is X-Force and I think it's because it reminds me of Hickman's Secret Warriors.

I wish Hickman wrote more of the X-Titles or at least double shipped because you're totally right the monthlies feel like the spine of the X-Line but without any in depth look. I think Hickman is leaving that for the other books, but when he does that it really shows how much of a better writer he is compared to everyone else.

But, I'll stick with it until the very end - Hickman has never let me down; so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    At this point ,I'd be ok with Tarn reconfiguring Logan ,if that is what it takes.Really tired of Logan taking the wheel on every 'tour'
    Yes, this is the exhausting thing about the X-Men. Large teams, yet they still find a way to hamfist a small number of mutants into spotlight, its Marvel version of Batman comics.

Truth is X-men fans will never be satisfied on this forum lol

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Truth is X-men fans will never be satisfied on this forum lol
    which is really NOT true at all. The x-men fans in this forum are just very honest when it comes to A LACK OF QUALITY in writing. I remember the love Hickman got when House of X was released. It was wonderful and the forum beamed of joy! Now many people are disappointed how bad many books are. Some books are really unreadable for me and I WANT TO READ AND SPEND MONEY ON THEM because I'm a fan.

I suppose it is a general problem how the business works and the monthly time-pressure creating these books must be horrible for writers and artists. Nonetheless, I will not stop vocalizing my opinions about bad & wonderful books.

Don't try to take away legitimate critique with this generalizing non-sense. X-Men fans are not sheep....
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-25-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    which is really NOT true at all. The x-men fans in this forum are just very honest when it comes to A LACK OF QUALITY in writing. I remember the love Hickman got when House of X was released. It was wonderful and the forum beamed of joy! Now many people are disappointed how bad many books are. Some books are really unreadable for me and I WANT TO READ AND SPEND MONEY ON THEM because I'm a fan.

I suppose it is a general problem how the business works and the monthly time-pressure creating these books must be horrible for writers and artists. Nonetheless, I will not stop vocalizing my opinions about bad & wonderful books.

Don't try to take away legitimate critique with this generalizing non-sense. X-Men fans are not sheep....
    No it is very much true, Simple because everyone has different priorities. But the complaining is always to harsh, The praise is always too great.

Anyways you were super critical of this event I am curious to see what your opinion is going to be with full picture of the event. I understand that fans aren't reviewers so we don't have to take to measure approached in talking about things so we get to be super emotional and negative. Sometimes keeping things in the middle until everything plays out is the best approach. Every story has beginning ,middle and end so it is going to be interesting to see opinions of something with full picture. People with X of swords were basically judging Avengers Endgame or Infinity War with out last 30 minutes of each movie. Those last 30 mins go a long way to determine feelings about a project.

Yes, I'm disappointed in many books. And those bad books are ruining the overall event for me.

I do not see the problem with fans wanting to read GREAT stories not mediocre, dull, and silly ones...

p.s. I hated Avengers: Endgame. Just saying! I think it is indeed a really bad movie (while Infinity War is gorgeous!!!) And I was utterly disappointed in Endgame after enjoying Infinity War so much.
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-25-2020 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I hated Avengers: Endgame. Just saying!
    I mention two movies, I said Infinity Wars as well. The point was how different the experience would be if you just cut off last 30 mins of something meant to end big.

I can't tell if you will like it but it has one thing it will shut up a lot of people who hate Krakoa era. On that I am done talking until 9est I don't want incur the wrath of mods