Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Personally i'm loving it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I don't care for everything going on in Hickman's era but I'm more interested in what him and his team are bringing to the table more so than what came before.

I just think comic fans, in general, aren't patient anymore. Sometimes I don't blame them since so many modern comics are decompressed and dragged.
    If each issue does not have their favorite character being the best and at least half of the pages are not of action they get angry. They look like readers with ADHD

Mighty Member

All the books are pretty consistent with the exception of New Mutants and Excalibur. New Mutants faltered when Brisson took over completely. Excalibur has been bad since issue one. If I didn’t like the characters in the line up, I’d give it up. I keep waiting for it to get better, but that’s not happening. Besides that, I’m enjoying what he’s brought. Something new and different and interesting

Honestly I've been bored by Dawn of X for a while now. Not that it's bad, just average.

It's better than what came before, but that's not saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I won't buy any Marvel comics till Gambit and Rogue will be released from Tini Howard's prison.

Well. Will buy only Larraz and Gracia art because it is beyond beautiful.
    Lol, this but insert Bishop and Iceman, from Duggan and Marauders!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Lost momentum due to the virus situation and then we came back to crap.
    "Cable was right!"

When he's hot, he's great, but clever intellectualism will only get you so far with the X-Men. The fanbase is really looking for characters, relationships, action, and adventure, probably more so than clever ideas(they are appreciated, but secondary). I honestly think he's spread himself too thin. Especially since Marvel expanded the line so much, and ALL these other writers are weaving within and around his main plot points(with wildly uneven execution).

I think two titles just for him, over a couple years, would produce his best Xrun. The way things are going now, there's no way this is going to be as good as his Fantastic Four stuff. Let's just hope he lands this thing better than the mess that was Avengers/Secret War. He's already done much better with the mutants than that run, but I do think it's getting a bit bloated and uneven. It's like he's dropping all these elements into play for his master plan, but he's forgotten it should be about the journey, not just getting to the destination.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    The problem I see is that Marvel is too greedy, they are trying to push as many new titles as possible without regards to quality.

Thus, we have seen the story being dragged or repeated many times just so they can earn more money.

During Chris time, the quality were much better with loads of actions, surprises and new story. Hickman's stories still can't compare with Chris Claremont's initial run.

One of the reason was that at that time, Marvel had only one or two X-titles ie. UXM and New Mutants.
    It can’t compare with Chris Claremont’s initial run because the talent isn’t comparable. The emphasis has been put on worldbuilding but some authors are able to be both great in worldbuilding and character relationships. In actions and emotions.

The density isn’t there too. The way to tell stories is quite different now with less panels per page. A quality has been lost. A sense of rythm that belonged even to B-comics… Even when I was mildly interested by reading a comic in the past, it was at least entertaining.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Claremont had pretty terrible arcs, like everyone. And a lot of his worldbuilding was things like Nova Roma or just plagiarizing what was in fashion, like Aliens or Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    When he's hot, he's great, but clever intellectualism will only get you so far with the X-Men. The fanbase is really looking for characters, relationships, action, and adventure, probably more so than clever ideas(they are appreciated, but secondary). I honestly think he's spread himself too thin. Especially since Marvel expanded the line so much, and ALL these other writers are weaving within and around his main plot points(with wildly uneven execution).

I think two titles just for him, over a couple years, would produce his best Xrun. The way things are going now, there's no way this is going to be as good as his Fantastic Four stuff. Let's just hope he lands this thing better than the mess that was Avengers/Secret War. He's already done much better with the mutants than that run, but I do think it's getting a bit bloated and uneven. It's like he's dropping all these elements into play for his master plan, but he's forgotten it should be about the journey, not just getting to the destination.
    Clever intellectualism? More like lazy. I question if hickman really wanted to write x-Men or just write his OCs

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Clever intellectualism? More like lazy. I question if hickman really wanted to write x-Men or just write his OCs
    Yeah, who wants new concepts or novel characters, Hickman should be telling the same stories that we have read a thousand times with the same characters that we have read a thousand times, like X-Men Gold.

I don’t think anything has reached the heights of HoX/PoX yet but XoS (so many acronyms!) has gotten close, at least for me. I think X-Men stumbled the first 3 issues but since then has been very good. Wolverine and X-Force have been consistently good to great and all the other titles are decent at worst. The only title I thought was actually bad was Fallen Angels and even then I think the writer gave up because he got a gig writing for tv.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Claremont had pretty terrible arcs, like everyone. And a lot of his worldbuilding was things like Nova Roma or just plagiarizing what was in fashion, like Aliens or Teen Titans.
    Excuse you, Claremont's stories about leprechauns and the 98th time the X-Men were mind controlled were clearly literary classics that Hickman will never be able to reach!

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Excuse you, Claremont's stories about leprechauns and the 98th time the X-Men were mind controlled were clearly literary classics that Hickman will never be able to reach!
    Hickman should add more BDSM and airplanes, tbh.