Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

OMD won’t be retconned, but certainly addressed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    OMD won’t be retconned, but certainly addressed.
    At this point, this is all I want. When OMD first happened, I was furious but still continued to purchase the comics. Then I stopped caring until they released OMIT and I was angry at how stupid that story was. Then i stopped caring again. Now I just want them to address it, fix the stupid continuity mess that was made by OMD and OMIT and move the heck on. That is all i want.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    At this point, this is all I want. When OMD first happened, I was furious but still continued to purchase the comics. Then I stopped caring until they released OMIT and I was angry at how stupid that story was. Then i stopped caring again. Now I just want them to address it, fix the stupid continuity mess that was made by OMD and OMIT and move the heck on. That is all i want.
    At this point, too, it’s a little disrespectful to all the other stuff that came after if you were to retcon on it. So Spencer has the job of addressing what happened and facing what happened, and making both timelines make sense. From there, it’ll feel like the book is finally on track again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    My stopping point was Clone Conspiracy, i wanted to stop before, but morbid curiosity keep me around, Slott at the very least knew how to call my attention, even if he always dissapointed me, but CC was the last straw for me and i decided to wait until another writer came along (i wasn't impressed by Zdarsky run either and i left after issue 6). Now that is over i started to finish his run thougth, i think that i can stomach it now and there is a part of me that needs to say "i read every ASM issue" lol.
    Surprised it took until CC for you to drop it, considering that the first arc is the most boring one, y'know, with Zodiac, and for me at least CC was one of the better ones, even if it doesn't mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Not to mention there are some stuff that Spencer did that I still like. Cutting Spider-Man out altogether risks getting rid of things that I like as well.
    Just don't stay around if the bad outweights the good, otherwise you're wasting your time.

For me it was Volume 3 where Peter's big return run consists of characters treating him like an idiot or Slott-created characters basically outshining or saving him for the entire run.

Astonishing Member

OK, I saw the preview, and right now, I don't care who in Hell Kindred really is or what kind of sin Peter commited. Honestly, I don't care!!! For what he has done, I'm completely with Spider-Man. Even if he's really stronger than Spidey, I don't care... I WANT SPIDER-MAN TEAR HIS HEAD OFF!!!!!

And by the way, like it or not, I want OMD undone. Problem is, it worries me the consequences of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    OK, I saw the preview, and right now, I don't care who in Hell Kindred really is or what kind of sin Peter commited. Honestly, I don't care!!! For what he has done, I'm completely with Spider-Man. Even if he's really stronger than Spidey, I don't care... I WANT SPIDER-MAN TEAR HIS HEAD OFF!!!!!

And by the way, like it or not, I want OMD undone. Problem is, it worries me the consequences of that.
    Aunt May dies his identity is re reveal done I will take it.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Aunt May dies his identity is re reveal done I will take it.
    Not really. Some alterations should happen for some previous events, like "Superior Spider-Man" or "Dark Reign". I mean, if Norman Osborn would have known Peter was Spider-Man during the Dark Reign, it would have been Spidey's end.

Amazing Member

Peter gets corrupted by Mephisto and as a result, so does the multiverse due to Peter's role in the Web of Life.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    Peter gets corrupted by Mephisto and as a result, so does the multiverse due to Peter's role in the Web of Life.
    Considering there's an article theorizing from the latest Avengers issue in relation to One More Day that that might happen, that Mephisto's whole purpose in making that bargain was to gain Spider-Man as a pawn he could use against the Avengers . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Surprised it took until CC for you to drop it, considering that the first arc is the most boring one, y'know, with Zodiac, and for me at least CC was one of the better ones, even if it doesn't mean much.

Just don't stay around if the bad outweights the good, otherwise you're wasting your time.
    Oh trust me, it was close back then (thought i still think that vol 3 was worse) but then i kind of just got tired halfway into it and never came back, i don't even know what it was, just suddenly didn't have any interes. I did finished the saga recently thougth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    I don't think so. He certainly has something with Spiders (he made deals with Ock and Miles before too), but I don't think he's interested in the Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering there's an article theorizing from the latest Avengers issue in relation to One More Day that that might happen, that Mephisto's whole purpose in making that bargain was to gain Spider-Man as a pawn he could use against the Avengers . . .
    I don't deny there's a possibility for that, but pretty sure Spider-Man won't jump into action to hurt the Avengers. He would try to warm them somehow first.

By the way, what exactly says that article?
    Last edited by Ursalink; 11-07-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For me it was Volume 3 where Peter's big return run consists of characters treating him like an idiot or Slott-created characters basically outshining or saving him for the entire run.
    Hated TASM Vol. 3 and maybe TASM Vol. 4 even more. I dropped the book and I should have a lot sooner than I did. Slott's time to go was at the end of TSSM. Those ASM volumes really tarnish his run.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I don't think so. He certainly has something with Spiders (he made deals with Ock and Miles before too), but I don't think he's interested in the Multiverse.

I don't deny there's a possibility for that, but pretty sure Spider-Man won't jump into action to hurt the Avengers. He would try to warm them somehow first.

By the way, what exactly says that article?
    Specifically, the article makes the conjecture that given Mephisto has been manipulating events to put those he's bargained with in positions that would best enable them to execute his agenda, Spider-Man may very well end up as one of Mephisto's agents, however unknowingly or unwillingly.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

I hope we learn how Harry became kindred.This has been a great run from issue 47