Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 52 Preview, oh boy

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-m...ampaign=CBR-TW

I wonder if we will be getting a preview of 52.lr that comes out next week as well

He took it too far with the last one. That punch was earned.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Naturally he blames Spidey for DeWolff's death despite working with the guy that actually killed her. Classic Harry logic.
    end of spoilers

I'm not liking Kindred as Harry...it's just seeing how Dan Slott developed him in Red Goblin is making hate Nick Spencer's heel-face turn of him...

But I do like how Spencer is playing with Kindred getting at Peter psychologically by targeting those that are closest to him in some way or form. The people who died because of him, those who are spiders like him, Mary Jane, Norman, etc...

Kindred's basically saying if you had never become Spider-Man then none of these people would be suffering from your mistakes, your sins. If Marvel would make animated films like DC, I would love to see this in animated form.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He took it too far with the last one. That punch was earned.
    He deserves that punch for a while now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    spoilers:
    Naturally he blames Spidey for DeWolff's death despite working with the guy that actually killed her. Classic Harry logic.
    end of spoilers
    Not to mention how Sin Eater's actions have nothing to do with Peter, can't even be a case of "Peter is indirectly at fault for this", Carter's insanity was unrelated to Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I'm not liking Kindred as Harry...it's just seeing how Dan Slott developed him in Red Goblin is making hate Nick Spencer's heel-face turn of him...
    Yeah, wonder if we'll get an explanation about what the **** is up with Kindred and the normal Harry...

But I do like how Spencer is playing with Kindred getting at Peter psychologically by targeting those that are closest to him in some way or form. The people who died because of him, those who are spiders like him, Mary Jane, Norman, etc...

Kindred's basically saying if you had never become Spider-Man then none of these people would be suffering from your mistakes, your sins. If Marvel would make animated films like DC, I would love to see this in animated form.
    Wonder how they'd adapt Kindred though, at least the way he's in the comics, Spidey needs a long story of people dying around him for Kindred to exist the way he is now, and I'm not sure how that could be removed or changed that easily.

Also, and I'm bit ashamed for not realizing before, but Peter still thinks that Mysterio is dead, which makes sense, we only learn that he's still around after the "dream", and MJ hasn't told him... I wonder if something will happen when MJ tells him that Mysterio is still alive... Considering that Peter seemed to have seen parts of the therapy session from ASM#24 at least, and at most the entire thing, plus the conversation that shows a rather blatant connection between Kindred and Mysterio, I think if Kindred isn't stopped here, then once Peter learns that Mysterio is still alive, Peter will hunt him down to interrogate him... That could be cool.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-05-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm of two minds, while it's sad to see all of Harry's progress from the past decade thrown out it's also very much in line with how Spencer has been handling the characterization of so many of these rogues. Just like how Norman felt like Norman for the first time in years, this is more or less returning Harry to how he was in the 90s.

And while I like some of Harry's stories after his resurrection, I'm not going to lie it also always felt cheap because he never got all of his memories back and was forced to really reconcile the person who he was.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 11-05-2020 at 01:22 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Fantastic Member

Damn what hair product did the Stacy's use to keep their golden locks over everyone else?

This cover is so good. Very excited to see the confrontation play out. I hope we get at least a little elaboration on Kindred being Harry here and it doesn't keep getting walked out.

Since the .LR comes out too, are we getting a week break or will 52/53 get released within a week of each other?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Oh wow. This is gunna be INTENSE.

Fantastic Member

Yknow theres this growing trend in media where we've just started ignoring the bad parts of a franchise and making a direct sequel to the good content, big movie franchises like Halloween and Terminator have done this, among others. Sometimes it's cool but I also have respect for the creative minds who were able to navigate a story within the continuity and make a great story out of that. Spencer has already done that with Connors and The Shed here, though funny enough Kindred could be the inverse with everything Slott and Kelly did with Harry from the trainwreck of OMD. Sure, Harry shouldve never came back, but Slott and Kelly told compelling stories that felt true to his character. If Spencer delegitimizes those, it would be a bummer, and "BND Harry is just a clone" would be oof, c'mon, do we need more clones(this maybe couldve worked had Harry Lyman stayed a thing, but #800 solidly rejects that)

Spencer has shown to be better than that writing though, hoping he finds a way to land it somehow.

Harry you son of a bitch!

This is gonna be good, heck it already is haha.

I wish Marvel would make some straight to DVD/streaming movies again as well. For Spidey though that falls on Sony because they are the only one's allowed to do an animated Spidey movie, as Marvel can only use him for things that are up to 45 minutes an installment. I don't know why Sony hasn't ever done anything like that, seems like something people would eat up that wouldn't be too much cost to produce.

Fantastic Member

It was rather cathartic seeing Spidey knock him on his behind. Kindred had that one coming for a while... heck, still deserves more of a butt-whipping. I will say I hope Harrys development from the BND and beyond era isn't just tossed away, though... there are several beats from then that make it hard to see Harry being Kindred, even though we know it's him, in some fashion.

Damn while I am a bit disappointed at Harry being Kindred...Spencer has been absolutely killing it.

Kindred straight up crossed the line with that remark though. Got off easy with just a punch.

Can’t wait for this. I’m assuming that there won’t be too much action in this issue since 53 is being hyped up as “Bagley drawing Spider-Man’s most brutal battle.”
    Last edited by RD155; 11-05-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Here is my take: Is Peter perfect? No but no one is ( unless your name is Jesus Christ). The only person I blame Peter for getting killed is uncle Ben, and he has more then made up for that. Why? Let’s add up the numbers of people that Peter saved compared to those who died because of him. About a million ( or more) to one ( and even the entire planet if you want to use Life Story). As far as Harry is concerned, he is an embittered, weak, pathetic individual and I do not care what his opinion is. I just hope Peter kicks his ass straight back to Hell.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

If this story truly is circling around One More Day...maybe what Kindred is saying is that he let these people STAY dead, whereas Aunt May got to live at great cost?
    Kindred seems to be bitter around Peter/MJ.

My only thought is that Harry hates that Peter has still gravitated towards MJ and is nearing proposal again, despite the deal with the devil that split them up originally? And he resents that due to his own bargains he has made in hell and has clearly suffered for?

Whatever it is, it looks dope. What a way to get into Spideys skin like that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    If this story truly is circling around One More Day...maybe what Kindred is saying is that he let these people STAY dead, whereas Aunt May got to live at great cost?
    Kindred seems to be bitter around Peter/MJ.

My only thought is that Harry hates that Peter has still gravitated towards MJ and is nearing proposal again, despite the deal with the devil that split them up originally? And he resents that due to his own bargains he has made in hell and has clearly suffered for?

Whatever it is, it looks dope. What a way to get into Spideys skin like that.
    I certainly share that opinion. A point that I have made before is no one explained Mephisto’s motivation for ending the marriage. While I concede the point he was an evil douche bag, he had to have a reason for his actions. I strongly suspect that it was Harry basically becoming Mephisto’s bitch in return for ending the marriage. Why would Harry want to do that? Jealousy. We know Harry wanted to be with MJ and she turned him down flat, and eventually married Peter. The person who knows Harry best is Norman and although I hate taking his side, there is a reason he wanted Peter to take over for him: Because he knew Harry was a weak, pathetic loser who is not up to the job.