Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m curious though, while it’s certainly there for dramatic effect, how has Flash decomposed into a full on skeleton already? There’s no way that it’s been more than a few months within the MU since he died. He shouldn’t be that far rotted.
    Don’t forget. Mysterio is still in this story. Question everything.

Yeah, I'm honestly wondering if at least some of that's been faked, even if we've seen Kindred going through graves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You don’t even have to go as far as an AU for Peter to have saved the world. He did so in 616 when he stopped Ock in Ends of the Earth. And as for casting scorn on Harry, I think we should wait for an explanation as for how Kindred is Harry. I personally theorze that it’s possible that he both is and isn’t Harry. That whatever method was used to resurrect him fractured his soul, casting a part of it into Hell and that Kindred came to be from that part of Harry, carrying with it Harry’s darkest parts.
    You are correct about stopping Ock. As far as Harry is concerned, Cry me a river about him. Why? Almost every criminal comes up with a moral high ground excuse for their actions ( it could be economics, racism, lack of education, family, society, whatever. Anything but their own actions). I still think this comes down to insane jealousy on Harry’s part. He knows he is a disappointment to his father, he cannot be the hero Peter is, he cannot have MJ ( even though he has Liz and kids), and he is basically a weak person. I especially have more empathy for someone like Rhino who knows he is a freak and ( except for his wife) was and is feared and hated by almost everyone he is in contact with ( that is why Peter was able to stop his rampage by talking to him: No one else even tried). Compare that to a son of a millionaire who grew up with a Silver Spoon in his mouth. Harry has 0.0000000% support from me.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-06-2020 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I’m really hoping this goes against the traditional comic book formula of the hero getting smacked around on the first encounter. I get that Spidey is going to get worked but hopefully he doesn’t get rag dolled and we actually get a brutal encounter.
    Not expecting him to be dominant in his first fight honestly
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    You are correct about stopping Ock. As far as Harry is concerned, Cry me a river about him. Why? Almost every criminal comes up with a moral high ground excuse for their actions ( it could be economics, racism, lack of education, family, society, whatever. Anything but their own actions). I still think this comes down to insane jealousy on Harry’s part. He knows he is a disappointment to his father, he cannot be the hero Peter is, he cannot have MJ ( even though he has Liz and kids), and he is basically a weak person. I especially have more empathy for someone like Rhino who knows he is a freak and ( except for his wife) was and is feared and hated by almost everyone he is in contact with ( that is why Peter was able to stop his rampage by talking to him: No one else even tried). Compare that to a son of a millionaire who grew up with a Silver Spoon in his mouth. Harry has 0.0000000% support from me.
    A fundamental part of Spiderman, regardless of writer is learning from mistakes and doing better. Many villians are written with circumstance that society's failings made them the way they are, some are rehabilitated, some arent, but this is the crux of a villain's dynamic, especially when telling street level stories that Spidey often does. Harry may of been a son of a millionare, but he was constantly pushed and abused by his father to fit an idea of something he fundamentally wasnt, became a monster he wasnt to fill that false idea of what he shouldve been, and sacrificing himself in the process realizing this is not the way he has to be, coming to terms and forgiving the people who loved him as he died, a different fate than his father, who died still seeking revenge and full of hate. A child forced to be something they arent by their parents is a very real and human experience that you dont have to be a millionare to face, and leans more into society's notions of what a person is expected to be rather than a individual choice.

I don't think Kindred is motivated by jealousy of his former life that he cant let go of, rather his old habits coming back after being condemned to hell, OMD basically left him this last remain of the past that basically said Parker wasnt willing to make a deal with the devil for, and in the case of if he was tossed into hell because of OMD, its justifiable for him to develop such a seething desire for revenge, because his notions of life are now invalidated, especially with another Harry existing in the 616 who was able to overcome and be all the things he never could be(stand up to his father, be a hero like Spidey, overcome addiction, have a stable and loving family).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    A fundamental part of Spiderman, regardless of writer is learning from mistakes and doing better. Many villians are written with circumstance that society's failings made them the way they are, some are rehabilitated, some arent, but this is the crux of a villain's dynamic, especially when telling street level stories that Spidey often does. Harry may of been a son of a millionare, but he was constantly pushed and abused by his father to fit an idea of something he fundamentally wasnt, became a monster he wasnt to fill that false idea of what he shouldve been, and sacrificing himself in the process realizing this is not the way he has to be, coming to terms and forgiving the people who loved him as he died, a different fate than his father, who died still seeking revenge and full of hate. A child forced to be something they arent by their parents is a very real and human experience that you dont have to be a millionare to face, and leans more into society's notions of what a person is expected to be rather than a individual choice.

I don't think Kindred is motivated by jealousy of his former life that he cant let go of, rather his old habits coming back after being condemned to hell, OMD basically left him this last remain of the past that basically said Parker wasnt willing to make a deal with the devil for, and in the case of if he was tossed into hell because of OMD, its justifiable for him to develop such a seething desire for revenge, because his notions of life are now invalidated, especially with another Harry exist in the 616 who was able to overcome and be all the things he never could be(stand up to his father, be a hero like Spidey, overcome addiction, have a stable and loving family).
    There are plenty of people who came from less then ideal situations who turned out well. A favorite saying of mine is If you did not like something bad done to you, don’t do it to someone else. We are given a choice to do the right thing or not. A famous story involved a woman named Linda Kasbien. She drove the car for Charles Manson during the Tate/LaBianca murders. She was under the control of Manson but refused to participate in the murders, and ended up testifying against him and the other killers and in the end got straightened out. Taking this to Spider-Man, Harry had a choice: He made a bad one ( as he usually did). At some point you have to be responsible for your actions. By comparison one of Peter’s “Sins” involved Gwen. What was that? Trying to save Norman Osborn and after that he went on to kill Gwen. Who did Peter have compassion for? Harry because it was his father. Of course, that is something Harry conveniently ovrerlooks.

is spencer upsetting us yet
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He'll get there. Don't you worry.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

If OMD is not erased and ( or) The Totem comes back that would upset me.

Astonishing Member

I would be fine with either of those happening. Just fulfilling fan demand isn’t always a good writing style.

dont worry we will see the haters just give them time
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I would be fine with either of those happening. Just fulfilling fan demand isn’t always a good writing style.
    I tend to agree with you to an extent but what’s wrong with giving fans what they want especially in this case? Addressing OMD is something that most fans are hoping for in this story. I would personally be very disappointed if it isn’t and I’m willing to bet that I’m not alone with that feeling either.

Sometimes with comics, particularly with Spider-Man we are given stories that the writer wants for the character even if it isn’t faithful to the character. At times it’s easier to just stop over complicating things, listen to the fans and just give us what we want and not be strung along.

Spider-Man fans have put up with a lot through out the years. If any fan base deserves to that have their wishes met, it’s them lol.

Peter is just mad that Harry forgot the one woman he actually killed.

I’m really hoping the Totem nonsense doesn’t return. Props to JMS for attempting something new/different but it’s an idea that just never fit with the concept of Spider-man.

Mighty Member

Going a bit off-topic, but it was certainly a good personal choice for me to pick up spectacular spider-man #200 purely out of luck. When I next track it down, I may have to give it another read just for this saga.