Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default DC Entertainment recapitulates Wonder Woman #1-33

It skips a lot of things but it's still great.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Why am i not surprised that it took less than 5 minutes to explain this watered-down story that's lasted 3 years that probably would have taken most writers 18 months or less to wrap up?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    It skips a lot of things but it's still great.
    Bolded so you can read.

Bolded so you can read.

Oh, I was able to read it the first time, thank you. I still think the video nailed the meat of the story though from what you and everyone else has been saying about it for the last several years. I'm certainly not the first, second, or even third person to bring up the point that many have felt this story was stretched way beyond what it should have been.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

They highlighted only the most important stuff from issues #1, #3, #7, #12, #23, #23.2 then #29-33, with tiny bits here and there mostly for displaying purposes.

They skipped A LOT of important things. Especially the second year. Then they gave many more details about #29-33.

No rescuing in Hell, no Hermes kidnapping Zeke, no Ares training, no Minotaur, no Diana meeting her siblings, no Cassandra, no Orion background, no Hera redemption, no Strife revenge...

If the important stuff from the story was only what they showed, it could be done in 6 issues.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 08-17-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Guys, guys, this is all irrelevant because they left the most obvious and important thing of the whole run: Wesley Willis... er, I mean Milan :-P

Seriously, my brain imploded when I first saw him, hopping on Orion's glider and saying "rock on". If I ever got the opportunity, I'd do a wacky miniseries, showing the origin of such classics as "I whupped Batman's Ass" and do some zany Crisis on Infinite Wesleys or something.

Anyway, that is all. Proceed.

They highlighted only the most important stuff from issues #1, #3, #7, #12, #23, #23.2 then #29-33, with tiny bits here and there mostly for displaying purposes.

They skipped A LOT of important things. Especially the second year. Then they gave many more details about #29-33.

No rescuing in Hell, no Hermes kidnapping Zeke, no Ares training, no Minotaur, no Diana meeting her siblings, no Cassandra, no Orion background, no Hera redemption, no Strife revenge...

If the important stuff from the story was only what they showed, it could be done in 6 issues.

I saw references in the video to some of the additional things you said were left out. At 1:07 it mentions Diana finding out about her brothers being banished from the island and at 2:37 it shows WW meeting them. Cassandra and the Minotaur are both talked about at 3:23. Orion's background is referred to at 1:06 when it mentions he's a New God. What more does one really need to know about him? At 2:07, it's mentioned that Hera is an ally of Diana's so I believe that infers she's been redeemed.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 08-17-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Cassandra seems right now a character that never should have even been added. Not only that many of the story was beyond unless at times and the built to a generic villain. A built up to a what appeared to be a interesting character cut. Many of the gods designs are kinda of bad. However there are certain parts I don't mind but still the amazons and all bugs me

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I saw references in the video to some of the additional things you said were left out. At 1:07 it mentions Diana finding out about her brothers being banished from the island and at 2:37 it shows WW meeting them. Cassandra and the Minotaur are both talked about at 3:23. Orion's background is referred to at 1:06 when it mentions he's a New God. What more does one really need to know about him? At 2:07, it's mentioned that Hera is an ally of Diana's so I believe that infers she's been redeemed.
    Siblings = Siracca, Milan and Lennox, not the Manazons. Cassandra and Minotaur = their relevance and backstory, not what they did in the last issue. Orion background = why he is there and important stuff he made. Hera's redemption = not a simply mention among other allies.

And there are other things left out that I didn't mention. They left out like 70% of important things, and some things they talked about should have been more explored. They should talk about every issue more or less like they talked about issues #29-33.

They actually talk about the book only for around 3 minutes and a half, and 2 minutes is about the last 5 issues, which gives around 30 seconds per issue (the last ones). Until now it's been 35 issues, so that would make up to 17 minutes roughly, I'd say 15 minutes since there are some issues where less things happen. It should be a "cover-to-cover".

I'm sure users that think the story is too decompressed but still read, like Dr. Hurt and Brett, can also attest that they left too much out of the video.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 08-17-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Siblings = Siracca, Milan and Lennox, not the Manazons. Cassandra and Minotaur = their relevance and backstory, not what they did in the last issue. Orion background = why he is there and important stuff he made. Hera's redemption = not a simply mention among other allies.

And there are other things left out that I didn't mention. They left out like 70% of important things, and some things they talked about should have been more explored. They should talk about every issue more or less like they talked about issues #29-33.

They actually talk about the book only for around 3 minutes and a half, and 2 minutes is about the last 5 issues, which gives around 30 seconds per issue (the last ones). Until now it's been 35 issues, so that would make up to 17 minutes roughly, I'd say 15 minutes since there are some issues where less things happen. It should be a "cover-to-cover".

I'm sure users that think the story is too decompressed but still read, like Dr. Hurt and Brett, can also attest that they left too much out of the video.

I guess I don't see some of the additional things you brought up as being very important in the long run(i.e. The details on Hera's redemption - I think the important thing is that she was redeemed in the end). Perhaps part of this is because I don't really care for the run whereas someone such as yourself who really enjoys it, finds smaller details to be of high significance.

"..TRULY unique..." HAhahahahahahhhaa...... yeah, no.

"Amazonians"-- they're Amazons-- if they lived in Amazonia, then they'd be Amazonians....

and 3 years worth of storytelling recapped in less than 5 minutes-- sad...
    Last edited by wonder39; 08-17-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Cassandra the Mad has been, possibly, my biggest disappointment in this series, ..next to Lummox, of course.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member

Hmmmm.

Probably a good idea to skip the way the Amazons murdered innocent sailors to produce those children.

But I will end with a positive - the clip was well narrated and they made good use of the art to sell their point.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Mighty Member

Jupp, a bit to decompressed and reads a bit too good in collected form compared to floppies. And there's problaby a pun or two too many at times. But still, a really charming and lovely book IMO.

And for the video itself. I agree. While does give an idea or two what the story is about, it doesn't give away much at all. Mostly about #33 (1/4 of the video.). Not that much worse than a regular movie trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Hmmmm.

Probably a good idea to skip the way the Amazons murdered innocent sailors to produce those children.

But I will end with a positive - the clip was well narrated and they made good use of the art to sell their point.
    Murdering sailors is awesome. But yeah, I see what you mean.

The vid did make good use of the art, especially "gross". But Diana killing Ares looked a bit off when the video narrates that Ares is killed in the battle. Could'v done without the spear-moment
    Last edited by borntohula; 08-18-2014 at 05:40 AM.

Any story can be summed up in few sentences keeping only the most important core of it. Even with much less details. See 5-Second Films. That doesn't mean all the "inferior" developments aren't important.

But this kind of video of DC All Access has been made about other stories and they detailed much more. Of course they won't spoil everything, but they should talk about all the important developments. They don't even talk about the god mode, even though they show it. It should be more than a "trailer".

But anyway, it's great that they at least made it.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 08-18-2014 at 07:13 AM.