Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not anymore

Yeah Ezra is awful as Flash. The less we get of him the better.
    Admittedly I said that as a fan of The Flash as a property, not of Ezra Miller as The Flash...
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Well, since Routh's Superman is supposed to be Reeve's Superman, my hot take will be I'd rather see a CG Reeve in it.

My other hot take is that if Routh's Superman made it, make sure he doesn't wear the Superman Returns suit.
    That would look really weird compared to just using Routh. He'd probably use his costume from the end of Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would look really weird compared to just using Routh. He'd probably use his costume from the end of Crisis.
    It'd probably look something like Rogue One's Tarkin, but Reeve as Superman has so much more cultural relevance. If Keaton is making the cut, I'd rather they paired his Batman with virtual Reeve than Routh.

I really don't have any time for that idea at all.

I mean, I jest, but I really do strongly dislike the idea!
    Last edited by Adekis; 11-07-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I dunno, honestly. In one sense yeah it could be kinda cool. But, I'd be afraid of them playing it like CW, that that he's supposed to literally be the Reeve Superman. Because he's not, only Reeve is. In my mind with him gone, that option is gone. CW painting it that way didn't work for me, as much as I think he did well in the performance. I wouldn't want him being side-by-side with Keaton for instance trying to pass as that Superman. If they really wanted to allude to the actual Reeve Superman, maybe use stock footage in some sort of montage as Flash runs or something. CG maybe, but not in a fully walking and talking role. Just brief and in passing. Just enough to clearly see but little more.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-06-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Routh's Superman isn't literally supposed to be Reeve's Superman, he's more like a distant folk memory of him.
    That's as true in Superman Returns as it is in Crisis. Returns obviously isn't consistent with either version of Superman II, since Lois doesn't remember Clark's secret identity but does seem to remember sleeping with him. Similar thing happens in Crisis - obviously if he was just the Reeve Superman, he'd have gone back in time and saved everyone from the Joker - so he can't, so he's not the Reeve Superman. There's a sense of folk memory glazed with nostalgia even for Returns itself, where he calls Jason his son where it was much more complicated than that in the film itself, for example.

I'm willing to accept Routh's Superman as his own permutation of the Man of Tomorrow, reminiscent of but distinct from Reeve.

However, that doesn't mean that Reeve's CGI zombie should be used in any upcoming media so as to justify a false claim of using the Real Reeve. That's just disrespectful. And Routh's Superman hasn't gotten the chance he really deserves yet, so I absolutely want him to get some new media of his own.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Definitely not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    About the only person I DONT want to see in the Flash movie is The Flash, tbh.
    This. Ezra Miller sucks.

Yes of course I'd love to see more Routh Superman, but done right with a good story you know?

Not sure this is it. Sounds like a very crowded movie. Poor Flash..

Speaking of Ezra Miller as Flash.. I liked him in JL, but I don't know how to feel about him after that video of him choking that girl...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I really don't have any time for that idea at all.

I mean, I jest, but I really do strongly dislike the idea!
    Actually, you could also make animated movie with chris reeve superman .

I think it'd be cool, and I specifically like the idea of Routh playing the Reeves/Routh movie continuity Superman. The early rumors for CW version of Crisis were that he was going to be playing Kingdom Come Superman, which, to me, would have sucked, because you have the actor who was the only living person to play Superman in the best loved movie continuity and the rights to continue that. Fortunately, the Arrowverse/CW people did implicitly make Routh the Reeves/Routh movie continuity Superman by implication with revelations about his back story and such, and that is what I would want to see again. The whole point of bringing back these actors for small parts is that they are the characters we know and (some people) love. It was nice to see what happened to the "old movie" Superman and get some closure.

Of course, his apparent death in Crisis provides a mild obstacle, but it would be easy enough to say he was just transferred back to his earth or to a random earth and survived if they wanted to use him again. Comic book deaths (and comic book movie deaths) are usually temporary.

I don't see the point of bringing him back if he doesn't play that character. It'd be like bringing Michael Keaton back and saying, hey, you're Thomas Wayne now. I would mind seeing the Thomas Wayne Batman in a movie, but if you bring in Michael Keaton, to me the whole point is that it's the version of Batman that Michael Keaton played in the movies he was in. Whether to do a Thomas Wayne Batman or not would be a different thing involving, if it was done, a different actor.

Similarly, you bring in Routh to play the Reeves/Routh movies (and CW Crisis continuation) character. That's the point. If the desire is to have a different Superman instead of or in addition to, that's a different actor, or should be IMO.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 11-14-2020 at 03:56 PM.

As an aside, given that this movie is going to be called, or at least largely based on the comic books called and related to, Flashpoint, using the first ever filmed version of the New52 Superman with a new actor who resembles the comic book drawing guidelines for that era, in a Superman costume that precisely mirrors the New52 Superman's uniform complete with the high collar, Kryptonian body armor, and so an and so forth makes sense (The comic book Flashpoint created the New52 timeline- although it was retconned to only be one factor and not the main factor later on), and would be, to me, the greatest thing ever, even if it's just a cameo where he says a few words and kicks someone's ass.

They won't do it, but they should.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 11-14-2020 at 03:53 PM.