Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Could Wonder Woman make Superman Immortal or even more God-like?

By offering him Ambrosia? Does it exist in the DCU?
    Im curious as to the effects on Superman.
    And now I finally arrived.

Would he need it? He can sun dip I guess if he wanted to be more Godlike. Apollo powered him up by mistake and he described it as being like a glass over flowing. They infer he'll get more powerful over time and it's been suggested as well he can live for a long long time...effectively might seem immortal. But not sure if Ambrosia exists. It might though in some form or fashion.

As far as I'm concerned he should (in theory) already be immortal. Unless his decreased aging is simply due to the natural Kryptonian life span being longer I don't see why he would be able to die of old age at all. How would his powers make him age slower yet still age? Shouldn't his healing ability keep his cells in their prime? I'd prefer that he not age at all whilst under a yellow sun, but then I've always been a fan of Superman being very powerful.

Could she? I don't know if it's possible, unless there's some way to make him impervious to magic. It's possible that ambrosia could potentially take him into the "magical" side of the equation but there hasn't even been a hint of it being an option or you can bet Hera would have been looking for it while she was mortal. My guess is that it doesn't exist in the new52-verses.

Now if it were an option the bigger question should be "should she?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltraWoman View Post
    Could she? I don't know if it's possible, unless there's some way to make him impervious to magic. It's possible that ambrosia could potentially take him into the "magical" side of the equation but there hasn't even been a hint of it being an option or you can bet Hera would have been looking for it while she was mortal. My guess is that it doesn't exist in the new52-verses.

Now if it were an option the bigger question should be "should she?"
    No. well even being a God WW is very down to earth with it.

I understand some fans like the God aspect of the two characters, but it isn't in their essence.

BANNED

Superman...is immortal and godlike.

Pre-Flashpoint Superman effectively became immortal by living for a long time in the sun. Out of the sun he'll probably live a long time but age as well. I read a epilogue for Kingdom Come Superman where he aged and lived to see the Legion of Superheroes. But he probably won't need or want to be immortal. He already has problems from the fact he'' outlive almost everyone he loves, except Diana.

I don't see him becoming a god, but I can see a scenario where he dethrones Apollo, and he becomes the defacto ruler of Olympus. Something like to the victor goes the spoils.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    I don't see him becoming a god, but I can see a scenario where he dethrones Apollo, and he becomes the defacto ruler of Olympus. Something like to the victor goes the spoils.
    Apollo has already been dethroned xD He committed suicide to kill the First Born, who though survived and is the new ruler.

Ambrosia that I know was never mentioned, but maybe there could be another way, if he is not already immortal.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Crap I need to read more than the Supe titles or SW.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    By offering him Ambrosia? Does it exist in the DCU?
    Im curious as to the effects on Superman.
    Assuming he isn't already ageless I think his decision would depend on whether or not Wonder Woman herself is immortal.

If she is, I think he would take her up on the offer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaman View Post
    Pre-Flashpoint Superman effectively became immortal by living for a long time in the sun. Out of the sun he'll probably live a long time but age as well
    He hadn't aged in the millennia before he entered the sun...

I don't know if she could, but if it were possible I very much doubt she'd want it for him, and I'm even more certain that he'd turn it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't know if she could, but if it were possible I very much doubt she'd want it for him, and I'm even more certain that he'd turn it down.
    Well, if she is, they are together, and she can make him immortal, I don't think he would refuse.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

I'm not as certain of that. At this very moment of their relationship they're still in the early stages. If someone had offered to make me immortal and my husband while we were still in the first month or two of my relationship I would have nixed it. I can imagine Clark doing similar.