Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Bloodlines did these two better but then it also horribly mischaracterized Julia on top of killing her off. So both aren't great with the supporting cast.
    I'd have been fine with killing Julia if she had been better characterized beforehand, though that was largely the result of trying to distill the Vanessa Silver Swan arc into 90-100 minutes.

Would have made a better basis for an arc in a tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd have been fine with killing Julia if she had been better characterized beforehand, though that was largely the result of trying to distill the Vanessa Silver Swan arc into 90-100 minutes.

I think the majority opinion is that Bloodlines would've worked better as a Wonder Woman cartoon than as a standalone movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the majority opinion is that Bloodlines would've worked better as a Wonder Woman cartoon than as a standalone movie.
    They certainly had enough storylines for it (the origin redo, Villainy Inc, Silver Swan, return to Themyscira).

Kind of surprised they didn't even throw in a Circe cameo just to round out all the major female villains.

THE FAT LADY IS SINGING!!! Has anyone else been watching all the red and blue maps on CNN and seeing the background of Yara Flor's Wonder Woman costume?

I can't wait for an animated film that features all FIVE of the Wonder Women, that would be EPIC!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of Diana needing to be taught lessons about gender dynamics from that version of Steve either.

I thought Dawson did a good job in the movie, especially as it went along.
    Yeah, she definitely got better. I'd say maybe the issue is with the voice directing than with Dawson herself, who I generally like.

This is what happens when you try to cram like four of Rucka' storylines (Year One, Godwatch/the Lies/Truth, Medusa, Silver Swan fallout) into one movie.

The main plot being based on the Rebirth search of Themyscira and Barbara Ann losing her key role is the most grating thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, she definitely got better. I'd say maybe the issue is with the voice directing than with Dawson herself, who I generally like.

This is what happens when you try to cram like four of Rucka' storylines (Year One, Godwatch/the Lies/Truth, Medusa, Silver Swan fallout) into one movie.

The main plot being based on the Rebirth search of Themyscira and Barbara Ann losing her key role is the most grating thing about it.
    It probably would have been better to axe Cheetah entirely since I think they went with Vanessa because WW'84 is using her. Just have her fight with Diana be a second round with Giganta or pull out another lesser-used rogue.

It probably would have been better to axe Cheetah entirely since I think they went with Vanessa because WW'84 is using her. Just have her fight with Diana be a second round with Giganta or pull out another lesser-used rogue.
    Yeah, I think they confirmed that's the reason they went with Silver Swan instead of Cheetah.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Still not the best reasoning, IMO, considering Cheetah has never starred in a DTV or animated production as a main antagonist. While Lex and Joker get to star in not only those but ALSO the live action takes.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Still not the best reasoning, IMO, considering Cheetah has never starred in a DTV or animated production as a main antagonist. While Lex and Joker get to star in not only those but ALSO the live action takes.
    That's fair, if WW had more solo content with Cheetah I don't think a movie where Swan take's Cheetah's place wouldn't have necessarily been that bad.

Though rather consistent with WB/DC's weird edicts on which characters can and can't be used because of competing projects.

Glad to see this discussion pop up as I've only seen the 2009 film, and was just thinking about grabbing Bloodlines the other day. I kinda have to give it a shot now! That being said, Diana's voice actress didn't quite feel right to me. Having only recently rewatched the 2009 film, I won't keep thinking of Diana as Artemis if the voice acting is too similar
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”