Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    He’d make for a good villain w. a personal grudge against the League.
    A guy who’s history’s been retconned out of existence, his supposed friends not really caring.
    Agreed....given all the retconning and multiverses being born, destroyed, replaced and reborn, etc.

Triumph would be very pissed off and perfect villain for the Justice League which makes his story more tragic when he is one of the founding members of A JL team in some universe somewhere in which his existence was erased or forgotten.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Agreed....given all the retconning and multiverses being born, destroyed, replaced and reborn, etc.

Triumph would be very pissed off and perfect villain for the Justice League which makes his story more tragic when he is one of the founding members of A JL team in some universe somewhere in which his existence was erased or forgotten.
    Wasn't that kind of the point of his Morrison appearance? He wanted him Gypsy and Ray to be the trinity and he used the Genie to achieve it?

I mean... ok

A retelling of that story actually IS worthwhile, but he has another story like that somewhere right where he was on a team with Vixen?

Given him a team of Exiles works, or having him be a JL villian works equally, but its not anything that he wasn't always doing.

But... who would his Justice League be? Maybe if we could get just a few runs and stories about them the way Marvel just did for the squadron supreme.

Sounds pretty reasonable.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Triumph was inspired by Neal Pozner who was gay and responsible for recruiting talent like Phil Jimenez, Stuart Immonen and Gene Ha. Based on the wiki, it sounds like he was a much more admirable person than the character he inspired:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Pozner
    I've enjoyed some of Priest's writing, but not all. That said, I get the feeling that his praise of Neal Pozner was based on his own similarities as an editor, including his own tendencies to alienate others. He apparently PO'ed Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz while he was the Spider-Editor during their run on AMS enough that they created a parody of him during their run on THOR. Google "Aloysius P. Jamesley" to get an idea of what DeFalco and Frenz thought of Priest (then still using the name of Jim Owsley).
    Last edited by Timber Wolf-By-Night; 09-19-2021 at 05:20 AM.

I’ve always liked Triumph in concept, but not execution. There’s plenty to mine there in character and as an LGBTQIA2S+ identity, whether as hero or journey to becoming a villain.