Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    There's already an ongoing series
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...irds-of-prey-4

I know some people on this forum HATE harley quinn but if the majority of you don't even know there is a ongoing series out its no wonder DC doesn't push the group more
    I don't mind Harley, honestly I lost track, perhaps one too many reboot on this title.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I don't mind Harley, honestly I lost track, perhaps one too many reboot on this title.
    I've been wanting Harley to get a bullet In the head for ages
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

I love Harley as a character....Just...not with the Birds of Prey.

I know some people on this forum HATE harley quinn but if the majority of you don't even know there is a ongoing series out its no wonder DC doesn't push the group more
    I knew about this. I just...didn't wanna acknowledge it...

I knew about this series and was immediately disinterested as it stemmed from the films rather than even the post Flashpoint version of the team. No Babs, no BOP

I saw the film in theatres and ....just NO.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I knew about this series and was immediately disinterested as it stemmed from the films rather than even the post Flashpoint version of the team. No Babs, no BOP

I saw the film in theatres and ....just NO.
    everytime I think of the movei I am filled with rage
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Keep harley away from the bop!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    As long as Harley Quinn is not the leader I will read it especially if it's more like MISSION Impossible & Jason Bourne.
    If Harley plays a more secondary role like Huntress or Vixen I can stomach it, but...

if Harley is the main character, than no BOP for me.

everytime I think of the movei I am filled with rage
    Same.

I love the DC characters and BOP is a shining pinnacle of innovation, daring, and excellence from Dixon's early one shots fueled by grassroots support to the hard-won and superexciting ongoing to the absolutely phenomenal Simone run. The BOP brand deserved way more than being bastardized for Margot Robbie's vanity.

Then there was the continued utter lack of a program level plan and the waste of lore and characters that impact the greater DCU cannon of stories. Black Mask plays a major part in Batman and CATWOMAN storylines so.....why do that to him at the end?

It is just a fuster cluck. I usually can find good in anything, even Batman Returns, Batman & Robin.

Hell, CATWOMAN is one of my favorite movies because despite the unexpected route they took they still captured the essence of who CATWOMAN is.

BOP did not even bother.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Agreed.

If Harley plays a more secondary role like Huntress or Vixen I can stomach it, but...

if Harley is the main character, than no BOP for me.
    i agree with this, I con tolerate Harley being a supporting character or a team up BUT I WILL NOT CONDONE HER LEADING THE TEAM!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Same.

I love the DC characters and BOP is a shining pinnacle of innovation, daring, and excellence from Dixon's early one shots fueled by grassroots support to the hard-won and superexciting ongoing to the absolutely phenomenal Simone run. The BOP brand deserved way more than being bastardized for Margot Robbie's vanity.

Then there was the continued utter lack of a program level plan and the waste of lore and characters that impact the greater DCU cannon of stories. Black Mask plays a major part in Batman and CATWOMAN storylines so.....why do that to him at the end?

It is just a fuster cluck. I usually can find good in anything, even Batman Returns, Batman & Robin.

Hell, CATWOMAN is one of my favorite movies because despite the unexpected route they took they still captured the essence of who CATWOMAN is.

BOP did not even bother.
    The one good thing about Black Mask being there is that he died which means no War Games

I think the reason they didn't use GCS is that Catwoman and Poison Ivy are higher profile characters than say Black Canary and Huntress. I think Robbie picked the BOP so she wouldn't have to share the spotlight.

If I had to pick a BOP adaption, TV show any day. They had a great Oracle. And I liked Dinah and Helena.

And like what the BOP movie did to Cass is unforgivable

I think the reason they didn't use GCS is that Catwoman and Poison Ivy are higher profile characters than say Black Canary and Huntress. I think Robbie picked the BOP so she wouldn't have to share the spotlight.
    The production team behind the movie were rather clear on why they went with the movie they did: the script for it was stronger than the script that was being written for the GCS movie.

And given the strength of the story that we got in the movie, I have no reason to doubt them on that. The movie had its faults, but the quality of script was not one of them.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

It could be Tynion's new Batbook.

The one good thing about Black Mask being there is that he died which means no War Games

If I had to pick a BOP adaption, TV show any day. They had a great Oracle. And I liked Dinah and Helena.

And like what the BOP movie did to Cass is unforgivable

Robbie was given the choice between a Harley Quinn solo and being part of an ensemble by WB. She chose the latter. If she was worried about being overshadowed by more high profile characters, she would have picked the Harley Quinn solo project she was offered.

There is a lot the BOP movie can be criticized for but to claim that the choices made were a result of Robbie's narcissism is provable false.

The reason why Birds of prey dont work anymore is that the characters have outgrown it, they are not girls anymore, they are grown women. Women who deserve their own solo adventures, being in Justice League, have relationships, having families etc... They keep trying to keep these characters in old roles, but characters cant just remain the same. Dinah and Helena especially deserve to do their own thing, BOP does nothing but hold them back at this point.

DC doing Batgirls make sense for Babs and the other batgirls, Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain. Its the way to go.
    Last edited by HunterX; 11-12-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Huh? BoP wasn't the Teen Titans. They were always grown women.

I think he is saying BOP is a regression for character development. Which it was.

Huntress has been completely rebooted and has no legacy from the original.
    Black Canary in the original was a top notch fighter. After new 52, she wasn't. (Maybe she was, I don't recall completely)
    Barbara was Oracle in the original and now Batgirl which causes a different dynamic.

Which in the grand scheme of things, New 52 did more damage to Birds of Prey.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.