Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default How Would You Pull Off a WW Weekly Series?

As long as you put quality talent on the title, and there is a coherent narrative, I think a Batman Eternal/52 style series capitalizing on Wonder Woman's popularity with the general public could potentially be a way to make the Wonder Woman comics as successful as the Batman and Superman franchises.

This is a little hard to say but I do not necessarily want to tell one giant overarching story, I would like to do a series of story arcs. What I would want to do is outside the main series establish older rogues gallery return but also reunite the wonder woman cast of characters both new and old.

So I would want to see stories like Diana getting her family of Hippolyta, Nubia, and Jason all together even though Jason is not allowed on the island. I would like to see her work more together with Donna and Cassie. Basically a real attempt at connecting her really kind of disconnected supporting cast.

And when I say rogue gallery I mean enough of Cheetah, Giganta, and Circe. I'm talking more ridiculous and fun villains like Angle Man, Sharketta, Mouse Man, Villany Inc., and etc. Even new villains just to build more then just the usual suspects.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    This is a little hard to say but I do not necessarily want to tell one giant overarching story, I would like to do a series of story arcs. What I would want to do is outside the main series establish older rogues gallery return but also reunite the wonder woman cast of characters both new and old.

So I would want to see stories like Diana getting her family of Hippolyta, Nubia, and Jason all together even though Jason is not allowed on the island. I would like to see her work more together with Donna and Cassie. Basically a real attempt at connecting her really kind of disconnected supporting cast.

And when I say rogue gallery I mean enough of Cheetah, Giganta, and Circe. I'm talking more ridiculous and fun villains like Angle Man, Sharketta, Mouse Man, Villany Inc., and etc. Even new villains just to build more then just the usual suspects.
    You had me at Sharkeeta.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I've wanted one of these for a while. Whatever else, I'd want heavy focus on Steve, Etta, Donna, the Kapatelis women and Ferdinand, and the main plot to revolve around Villainy Inc/Godwatch.

Writers: Greg Rucka, Phil Jimenez, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Tim Seeley, Vita Ayala

There's been a few times where either the Amazons, or the entire island, gets sucked up into another dimension/leaves this plane of existence and thought an interesting premise would be to see a series that actually focuses on that rather than just use as an excuse to make Diana angst. So one half of the series be on Diana, Donna, and Cassie trying to uncover what happened while the other half would be on the Amazons focusing on Hippolyta, Artemis, Philipus, etc trying to survive in some hellish fantasy dimension.

So I guess "Wonder Woman meets No Man's Land".

Steve Trevor, Expeditions Chief for the Prince Antiquities firm, is searching for the wreckage of his boss’s, Theno Prince’s, boat in the Bermuda Triangle, when his plane crashes near the island homeland of the mythical Amazons! There, amidst celebrations of being crowned 'Champion of the Amazons', ..Princess Diana rescues Steve from drowning and takes him to see her mother, the Queen Hippolyta.

Diana is shocked that Steve has aged into a much older man, when they reach the Queen’s palace, ..where Theno has been turned, into a stone statue! The Queen explains Athena’s gift of protection - that, while the island grants Amazons eternal youth and immortality, ..Steve, as with all males, is doomed to instantly age and die, turn to stone, burst into flame or simply vanish, ..by merely touching the soil or air over the island. Against her mother's protests, Diana chooses to return Steve Trevor to Man’s World, before he dies, and the Amazons bid them, farewell.

With Steve, Diana settles in Rockwell City, in the mountainous Southwestern United States, ..where she comes to be called 'Wonder Woman'. In gratitude for saving his life, Steve helps her craft the identity of Diana Prince, Greek archaeologist daughter of Theno Prince ..and inheritor of his antiquities expeditions firm. Steve works for Diana, here.

That should have happened in the comic, about fifty years ago. Bout bloody time, I'd say...

For a time, Diana and Steve travel the world together, before they are joined by scrappy cowgirl markswoman, Etta Candy, and optimistic Mala, Diana’s Amazon best friend from the island. Etta travelling with Diana, and Mala, managing her personal affairs in Rockwell, guarding her home and arsenal – the bickering pair aid the Amazon, in her wild adventures, in lost lands and bizarre worlds!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-15-2020 at 08:58 AM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

A Batman Eternal-style title would be amazing for Diana and cast and really get to flesh out Wonder concepts.

Locations would be Diana’s new iconic city, Themyscira, Transformation Island, Doom’s Doorway, Tartarus, Hades, Olympus, Areopagus, etc. I’d focus on Diana, Steve, Etta, Hippolyta, Donna, Cassie, Achilles Warkiller, Nubia, and Artemis, with loads of other supporting characters being part of their chapters. A new Wonder Boy would be introduced and the series would usher in a deep bench of Wonder foes, reinstated, revamped and/or reinvented and reconnected.

An awesome mix of what happens when myth, magic, super science, mystery, mayhem, divinity, politics, sociology, and the mundane clash and get mixed up together.

I’d call the series Wonder Woman: Odyssey.

In gratitude for saving his life, Steve helps her craft the identity of Diana Prince, Greek archaeologist daughter of Theno Prince ..and inheritor of his antiquities expeditions firm. Steve works for Diana, here.
    He gives away money that isn't his (thus stealing it from the rightful inheritors) out of gratefulness? That's sketchy, at very best, even with a lot of mitigating circumstances. Make more sense for him to give away his own money (and pay taxes, if applicable), whether or not he's the inheritor (which would be more than just boss/employee relationship, one would think). Seeing how he fakes her identity could be interesting, though.

Locations would be Diana’s new iconic city, Themyscira, Transformation Island, Doom’s Doorway, Tartarus, Hades, Olympus, Areopagus, etc. I’d focus on Diana, Steve, Etta, Hippolyta, Donna, Cassie, Achilles Warkiller, Nubia, and Artemis, with loads of other supporting characters being part of their chapters. A new Wonder Boy would be introduced and the series would usher in a deep bench of Wonder foes, reinstated, revamped and/or reinvented and reconnected.
    Is this animated? Sounds expensive, if live action.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 11-15-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    ...With Steve, Diana settles in Rockwell City, in the mountainous Southwestern United States, ..where she comes to be called 'Wonder Woman'. In gratitude for saving his life, Steve helps her craft the identity of Diana Prince, Greek archaeologist daughter of Theno Prince ..and inheritor of his antiquities expeditions firm. Steve works for Diana, here.

That should have happened in the comic, about fifty years ago. Bout bloody time, I'd say...

For a time, Diana and Steve travel the world together, before they are joined by scrappy cowgirl markswoman, Etta Candy, and optimistic Mala, Diana’s Amazon best friend from the island. Etta travelling with Diana, and Mala, managing her personal affairs in Rockwell, guarding her home and arsenal – the bickering pair aid the Amazon, in her wild adventures, in lost lands and bizarre worlds!
    Why Rockwell City? I forgot that part...

Rockwell City is Steve Trevor's hometown and named for his mother's family, the Rockwells, whom he loves. It is also the ancestral seat of his father's super-wealthy family, the Randolphs, who want to turn Steve into the Dark Commander, a demon-king, they have prophesized will lead demon armies out of the Void, to ravage and enslave the Earth ..for the Randolphs to rule, forever. To escape his family's sinister ambitions, Steve, who began life as 'Steve Randolph', changed his name, faked his age and, with Gen. Darnell's aid, ..joined the military, at sixteen years old.

Steve's oldest Randolph ancestor is [You guessed it!]: the recently reincarnated White Magician? Wonder Woman is the only thing standing between him and corrupting his descendant, Steve.

It is also the home to the wa-aay cool, new ARGUS Command Citadel, which looks something, like an over-sized brownstone version of the the U.S. Capitol, ..with a giant, red laser-eye on its dome. The Citadel is in the dead-center middle of Rockwell City and the joint command's most important building. It would probably be a total CGI in live-action.

Rockwell's biggest gift is giving ARGUS a fixed, earthbound place, as iconic a building, as the Daily Planet or the Gotham Clocktower. It also gets Diana, Steve and their life in man's World out of urban Washington and the shadow of World Wars and military intrigue. The other thing - having lived in DC my entire life, ..I just don't see freedom-loving, unpretentious Diana or cowgirl Etta, as wanting to live in or have anything to do, with city people, city ways or anything urban.

I don't think she'd be anywhere near Washington, if she didn't have to. She can always visit ..or send Artemis.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    ...Locations would be Diana’s new iconic city, Themyscira, Transformation Island, Doom’s Doorway, Tartarus, Hades, Olympus, Areopagus, etc. I’d focus on Diana, Steve, Etta, Hippolyta, Donna, Cassie, Achilles Warkiller, Nubia, and Artemis, with loads of other supporting characters being part of their chapters. A new Wonder Boy would be introduced and the series would usher in a deep bench of Wonder foes, reinstated, revamped and/or reinvented and reconnected.

An awesome mix of what happens when myth, magic, super science, mystery, mayhem, divinity, politics, sociology, and the mundane clash and get mixed up together.

I’d call the series Wonder Woman: Odyssey.
    I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    He gives away money that isn't his (thus stealing it from the rightful inheritors) out of gratefulness? That's sketchy, at very best, even with a lot of mitigating circumstances. Make more sense for him to give away his own money (and pay taxes, if applicable), whether or not he's the inheritor (which would be more than just boss/employee relationship, one would think). Seeing how he fakes her identity could be interesting, though...
    Well...the identity switcheroo is an homage to the Prince Theno mythos, from the Kanigher run, ..and the Diana White story, from the Golden Age. In it, Wonder Woman, having returned Steve to Washington, DC, settles in America, where she switches identities, with heart-broken Army nurse, Diana Prince. Prince wants to follow her fiance, Dan White, to South America, but doesn't have the money. Wonder Woman gives Prince her roadshow winnings, ..in exchange for Prince's name and career. Diana learned it all worked out, when, years later, the original Prince, visited her in America...

As Mrs. Diana White, mother of future Super-Friend groupy, Marvin White.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-15-2020 at 08:46 PM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!