Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Such is super-hero life, being brainwashed and attacking the city is just another wednesday
    Not to mention "consequences? What consequences? We were brainwashed ."

Fantastic Member

I will say the looming threat of Knull makes Kindred's plans as far as the Order attacking and whatnot feel minuscule in contrast. That being said the idea of Kindred vs Knull in a small miniseries fighting against one another and through proxy of vessels wouldve been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess now every Spider in New York aside from Peter has a terrible reputation?
    Honestly it would be funny if the city actually like Peter instead would be a nice chance of pace
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

This looks great. Beautiful art as always, glad we’re getting MJ involved quickly. Wonder how this “Good Guy Norman” arc plays out. Looks as though old Norman will be back by issue 56 based on the covers.
    Never cared for Morlun one bit, but I’m sure Spencer will do good with it. Seems more like he’s a tool for Sin-Eater anyway.

BANNED

I wonder about the collateral damage caused by those possessed Spiders on the bridge?

That looks like a ton of people ought to have died there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention "consequences? What consequences? We were brainwashed ."
    And most times they don't even bother to clean up lol.

**** like this can make you think that SHRA back in Civil War had a point, but they obviously did it very, very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    I will say the looming threat of Knull makes Kindred's plans as far as the Order attacking and whatnot feel minuscule in contrast.
    When it comes to scale, yeah, Kindred is not unlike an ant compared to the sun since Knull is a much bigger, much more powerful villain, but they're also telling very different stories, since Knull is about being another big villain invading Earth, Kindred is about another villain making Peter suffer, one's a dangerous battle, the other is a personal battle.

That being said the idea of Kindred vs Knull in a small miniseries fighting against one another and through proxy of vessels wouldve been fun.
    Eh, don't really see much appeal from this, specially since Kindred so far didn't particularly care about anything besides tormenting Peter, why would he even want to bother fighting Knull in any way? Only if he wanted to manipulate someone to torment Peter later I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Honestly it would be funny if the city actually like Peter instead would be a nice chance of pace
    It'd be funny for a character as neurotic as Peter reacting to the city suddenly liking him at least lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I wonder about the collateral damage caused by those possessed Spiders on the bridge?

That looks like a ton of people ought to have died there.
    I'm sure the Spiders were doing some magic math bullshit subconsciously to prevent collateral damage, so nobody there actually died .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-09-2020 at 09:45 PM.

Fantastic Member

Eh, don't really see much appeal from this, specially since Kindred so far didn't particularly care about anything besides tormenting Peter, why would he even want to bother fighting Knull in any way? Only if he wanted to manipulate someone to torment Peter later I guess...
    Pretty simple, Kindred cant torture Parker or have revenge if theres no earth qnd Knull tortures Parker instead while consuming earth. Kinda a Freddy Vs Jason deal where conflict arises because each has their own agenda but they both get in the way of each others plans. Granted Knull is on a different league than Kindred, the timing of the climax of Last Remains and the start of King in Black almost line up perfect for a fun faceoff of the gothic demon powers of Kindred vs the elder god monstrosity that is Knull.

Also their names both start with the letter K and were introduced as the big bads of Spiderman/Venom in the past two years, demonic in nature. Seems to be just such a missed opportunity
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 11-09-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Pretty simple, Kindred cant torture Parker or have revenge if theres no earth qnd Knull tortures Parker instead while consuming earth. Kinda a Freddy Vs Jason deal where conflict arises because each has their own agenda but they both get in the way of each others plans. Granted Knull is on a different league than Kindred, the timing of the climax of Last Remains and the start of King in Black almost line up perfect for a fun faceoff of the gothic demon powers of Kindred vs the elder god monstrosity that is Knull.

Also their names both start with the letter K and were introduced as the big bads of Spiderman/Venom in the past two years, demonic in nature. Seems to be just such a missed opportunity
    Knull has no beef with Peter though and why should he
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

And most times they don't even bother to clean up lol.

**** like this can make you think that SHRA back in Civil War had a point, but they obviously did it very, very badly.
    if the shra was real it would have overwhelming public support from non-insane people
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Knull has no beef with Peter though and why should he
    Knull is a sadistic monster who's gonna feed off the suffering of everyone on Earth, not to mention folks like Eddie and Miles are at the top of Knull's **** list who are also in Parker's inner circle. It's only natural for Parker to end up in the crosshairs of Knull's assault.

Kindred could potentially have personal beef with Knull too if we find out what Kindred's attitudes are towards Normie, given the whole deal of Absolute Carnage being a direct cause of Knull. During that time too, Kindred made sure Parker wouldn't be killed by Carnage.

Don't see why Knull would want to torture Peter, or even specifically target him.

Kindred trying to undermine Knull because he doesn't want Earth destroyed could work though, though I still don't see him doing too much, specially since it's vague so far if Kindred even cares about anything besides torturing Peter, and if he doesn't care about his family anymore, then he'd have even less reasons to really try to slow down Knull for long.

Yeah but like I said, way different scales and kind of stories they're telling, if they both were cosmic beings I'd see your point, but again, they're not even close to telling the same kind of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    if the shra was real it would have overwhelming public support from non-insane people
    Not under a government like Marvel's, that creates Sentinels which essentially commit terrorism every 5 minutes, or go wrong and try to conquer the world, 'cause as dumb, incompetent, and destructive super-heroes are, they at least try to do good, most times, I don't see Marvel's government doing anything but making things worse lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP200615

Well, better late than never.

Potential spoilers from #52.
    spoilers:
    The Order finally comes to their senses. MJ is at the care of Norman.
    end of spoilers
    it comes out tomorrow so how did you get it a day early

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    it comes out tomorrow so how did you get it a day early
    Spider-Chan is talking about the content shown in the preview.

So uh spoilers:
    did not expect to see OMD MJ appear as the cliffhanger
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So uh spoilers:
    did not expect to see OMD MJ appear as the cliffhanger
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Keep in mind Astral Plane is a representation of someone's subconscious, something ASM#51 showed with Peter seeing MJ there, and he specifically points out it's just a dream, so that MJ is probably just another one.
    end of spoilers