Default The Fearsome Five vs the Monster Hunters

Scenario one: The Fearsome Five (pre-Flashpoint) versus the Monster Hunters (616), with these specific line-ups:

Fearsome Five: Psimon, Dr. Light, Mammoth, Shimmer, Gizmo, and Baroness Blitzkrieg. (No, the Baroness was never a member of the Fearsome Five, I just added her for fun)

Monster Hunters: Ulysses Bloodstone, Makkari, Dr. Druid, Fat Cobra, Zawadi, and Namora. (Treat all of them as still alive, since death doesn't mean much anyway in the 616 area code.)

Scenario two: same as scenario one, minus the speedsters Blitzkrieg and Makkari.

How fast is Baroness Blitzkrieg? Because if she's not into the FTL, scenario one is Makkari blitzes a looot of people unconscious and anyone who even possibly emerges from that just then gets ganged up on.

Yeah, Makkari skews things quite a lot.

She's about as fast as Liberty Belle/Jesse Quick.

Then Makkari basically ruins the Fearsome Five's day. Anyone left over gets mopped up by the rest of his team.

THe no Makkari/Baroness fight has the problem that Fat Cobra is faster in reaction time than his opponents just enough that he can create a shockwave that will take most of them out before they can really do anything about it.

At that point Mammoth is just getting dogpiled.

I also have a non-speedster scenario, in case one of the speedsters was substantially faster.

*points up* Fat Cobra, while not a speedster, does have enhanced reaction times compared to the Five, and can unleash shockwave equivalent thingers. Five are still effed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    *points up* Fat Cobra, while not a speedster, does have enhanced reaction times compared to the Five, and can unleash shockwave equivalent thingers. Five are still effed.
    Yeah, I mean I don’t know that Fat Cobra could do much to Mammoth, but he could to Psimon, Shimmer, Dr Light etc., at which point Dr Druid just shuts Mammoth down.

Got to admit, when I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about the Darkwing Duck villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace of Mysterio View Post
    Got to admit, when I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about the Darkwing Duck villains.
    I thought it sounded like either a 1950s backing group (“Please put your hands together for Frankie Steel and the Fearsome Five!”) or an early 80s rap crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I thought it sounded like either a 1950s backing group (“Please put your hands together for Frankie Steel and the Fearsome Five!”) or an early 80s rap crew.
    The Fearsome Five backup dancers are all just Sam Jackson.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I'd pay to see it.