Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
[COLOR="#B22222"]

Your ideal supporting cast matches mine as well. For me, the ideal Bat Family would be: Batman, Batwoman (Kate Kane), Catwoman, Robin (Tim Drake) and Black Bat (Cass Cain). Simple, unique and between them you can have 4-5 Bat Books with each having it's own unique perspective. Then you can divide the rest of the Bat Family like Oracle, Huntress, Orpheus, Azrael, Bat Wing and the others into two teams books like Birds of Prey and the Outsiders. Throw in a Gotham Central book and I am a happy camper.
I'm not sure how it matches. I hate Batwoman and Cass.

What I said was:
*Alfred, Lucius, Gordon, Dent and Catwoman pretty much like in the Dark Knight movies. Jason Bard as the "John Blake".
*Dick is Bruce's ward, as a kid he just trains and aids from the cave, and as he becomes an adult he becomes an occasional sidekick training with the Titans. Barbara is mostly a meddling kid, she becomes a sloppy Batgirl until Batman takes her under his wing. She'll probably have to go to the mountains to train or something. Ace is a dog Batman uses occasionally, but he is no hero or anything, just a greatly trained hound.
*Gotham Central includes O'Hara, Bullock, Montoya, Kitch, Merkel and Essen.
*Gotham Gazette includes Roy Raymond, Vicky Vale, Summer Gleeson (the TV version) and Alexander Knox.
*Azrael, Spoiler and Huntress are completely independent and ideally, operate in other boroughs.
*After the Falcones, and then Maroni are gone, the TPTB are Rupert Thorne, the Penguin (although he loves to get in and out of jail), Roland Dagget and Black Mask. Thorne is mostly tied to politics and Dagget to corporations.
*Ra's al Ghul and Sterling Silversmith are powerful, Bond-villain type of outsiders.
*Gateaway Genius, Johnny Witts, Human Eraser, and the Penny Plunderer are brilliant underground pros with specific abilities, working for the likes of thorne.
*Leslie is Bruce surrogate mother, pretty much like in BTAS. Harriet watches over Dick but from her house, and it's mostly him taking care of her. Bruce has some relatives, but he isn't too close to any of them.
*There is a Club of Heroes. They operate in other countries, anyway. It would make sense for Green Arrow and Speedy to belong as well.
*Batmite exists, but he feels surreal and his intentions are unclear.

So, no Cass, no Batwoman, Jason, Tim or Damian.