View Poll Results: What is your ideal number for the Bat Family?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just Batman - no sidekicks

5 3.85%
  • + 1 (Robin)

5 3.85%
  • +1-2 (Robin & Batgirl)

12 9.23%
  • +1-3 (Nightwing, Batgirl & Robin)

22 16.92%
  • +1-5 (Nightwing, Oracle, Robin, Huntress & Batgirl?)

16 12.31%
  • +1-7 (Nightwing, Oracle, Robin, Huntress, Batgirl, Red Hood & Batwoman?)

5 3.85%
  • +1-9 (Nightwing, Oracle, Robin, Huntress, Batgirl, Red Hood, Batwoman, Red Robin & Black Bat?)

20 15.38%
  • +1-19 (Nightwing, Oracle, Robin, Huntress, Batgirl, Red Hood, Batwoman, Red Robin & Incorporated)

9 6.92%
  • +1-99 (Nightwing, Oracle, Robin, Huntress, Man-Bat, Bat-Cow & every other Bat Family ever created)

36 27.69%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Your ideal supporting cast matches mine as well. For me, the ideal Bat Family would be: Batman, Batwoman (Kate Kane), Catwoman, Robin (Tim Drake) and Black Bat (Cass Cain). Simple, unique and between them you can have 4-5 Bat Books with each having it's own unique perspective. Then you can divide the rest of the Bat Family like Oracle, Huntress, Orpheus, Azrael, Bat Wing and the others into two teams books like Birds of Prey and the Outsiders. Throw in a Gotham Central book and I am a happy camper.
    I'm not sure how it matches. I hate Batwoman and Cass.

What I said was:
    *Alfred, Lucius, Gordon, Dent and Catwoman pretty much like in the Dark Knight movies. Jason Bard as the "John Blake".
    *Dick is Bruce's ward, as a kid he just trains and aids from the cave, and as he becomes an adult he becomes an occasional sidekick training with the Titans. Barbara is mostly a meddling kid, she becomes a sloppy Batgirl until Batman takes her under his wing. She'll probably have to go to the mountains to train or something. Ace is a dog Batman uses occasionally, but he is no hero or anything, just a greatly trained hound.
    *Gotham Central includes O'Hara, Bullock, Montoya, Kitch, Merkel and Essen.
    *Gotham Gazette includes Roy Raymond, Vicky Vale, Summer Gleeson (the TV version) and Alexander Knox.
    *Azrael, Spoiler and Huntress are completely independent and ideally, operate in other boroughs.
    *After the Falcones, and then Maroni are gone, the TPTB are Rupert Thorne, the Penguin (although he loves to get in and out of jail), Roland Dagget and Black Mask. Thorne is mostly tied to politics and Dagget to corporations.
    *Ra's al Ghul and Sterling Silversmith are powerful, Bond-villain type of outsiders.
    *Gateaway Genius, Johnny Witts, Human Eraser, and the Penny Plunderer are brilliant underground pros with specific abilities, working for the likes of thorne.
    *Leslie is Bruce surrogate mother, pretty much like in BTAS. Harriet watches over Dick but from her house, and it's mostly him taking care of her. Bruce has some relatives, but he isn't too close to any of them.
    *There is a Club of Heroes. They operate in other countries, anyway. It would make sense for Green Arrow and Speedy to belong as well.
    *Batmite exists, but he feels surreal and his intentions are unclear.

So, no Cass, no Batwoman, Jason, Tim or Damian.

BANNED

Bat-Mite could be Bruce's love child with Vicky Vale.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    It doesn't take a genius to notice that all over the net, from Comic Vine to Super Hero Hype to Comic Alliance to here, the reaction either alternates from "MORE Bat characters? Why?" to "Well, I suppose I'll see what they have to offer.", not "Boy, do I wish that DC would give us EVEN MORE generic vigilantes in Gotham City!". From that, it's logical to infer that next to no-one is actually asking for these characters.
    Countered by the number of Tumblr and fan pages around of all and each bat family member. Batman is already a set Money line and we need to remind ourselves that DC is a business.

They won`t milk it out if people don`t pay. And they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    *Dick is Bruce's ward, as a kid he just trains and aids from the cave, and as he becomes an adult he becomes an occasional sidekick training with the Titans.
    Why even bother doing Dick Grayson even as an adult he's not a superhero yet. And the Titans only allow him to train with them, not actually enter the field, even after he becomes an adult.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That was almost cool...unfortunately, the Batgirls are not represented.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Why even bother doing Dick Grayson even as an adult he's not a superhero yet. And the Titans only allow him to train with them, not actually enter the field, even after he becomes an adult.
    Because by the time he enters the Titans he is old enough to go on rookie missions. Keep in mind that at 18 or so, Starfire, Cyborg, and the rest have great power, but not so much experience, so a Young Justice sort of thing would make sense. I never really understood how the the comic book version worked without JLA supervision.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

The Bat Family has...

1. Bruce
    2. Dick
    3. Jason
    4. Tim
    5. Damian?
    6. Babs
    7. Kate
    8. Stephanie
    9. Harper
    10. Luke
    11. Selena
    12. Jim (Corrigan)
    13. The Gotham Academy Characters
    14. Birds of Prey
    15. BInc Characters

Of these, the BInc characters, Birds of Prey, the Academy characters and Jim are all peripheral at best. Selena is not really apart of the family. So really we have, what, 9 member of the family proper? Considering Gotham is supposed to be one of the largest cities in the country and easily the most crime ridden, it is not unreasonable to have 9 non-powered viglantes fighting crime. Heck, it is probably too small for a city that large.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    Because by the time he enters the Titans he is old enough to go on rookie missions. Keep in mind that at 18 or so, Starfire, Cyborg, and the rest have great power, but not so much experience,
    Well no, if they aren't allowed to go on missions even as adults, I don't imagine they have any experience at all. Because that's how you get experience. By actually doing stuff.
    so a Young Justice sort of thing would make sense.
    You are not describing Young Justice. Teen Titans Go! would be a closer comparison.

I never really understood how the the comic book version worked without JLA supervision.
    Who would have been doing the supervising??? Superman, Batman and maybe MM were the only ones with more experience then Robin.

Incredible Member

I'd like to point out his actual children.

Dick
    Tim
    Damien
    Jason
    Babs
    Stephanie
    Harper
    Cassandra?
    Carrie?

All those kids, but this man is somehow sad. He plays up that,"these are my soldiers," gimmick, but deep down he loves them all.

I really wish the Bat Family would explode literally. Get rid of all of them except Dick and Jason Todd (as the Red Hood against Batman). There are WAYYYYY too many of them. It is ridiculous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    I really wish the Bat Family would explode literally. Get rid of all of them except Dick and Jason Todd (as the Red Hood against Batman). There are WAYYYYY too many of them. It is ridiculous.
    The Batfamily characters are more interesting than Batman himself, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    The Batfamily characters are more interesting than Batman himself, so no.
    Of course that is why we see all those Red Robin movies, Huntress animated series, and Damian Robin video games........oh. wait......

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Well no, if they aren't allowed to go on missions even as adults, I don't imagine they have any experience at all. Because that's how you get experience. By actually doing stuff.

You are not describing Young Justice. Teen Titans Go! would be a closer comparison.

Who would have been doing the supervising??? Superman, Batman and maybe MM were the only ones with more experience then Robin.
    I don't see how acn you object, what I'm proposing is quite similar. By age 18, Dick has had 6 years of the best training and involvement in serious crime fighting, Id' say 4 from a safe distance and 2 as a "partner" (like cops do), so, he is trying the waters with JLA supervision as part of the Titans.

I didn't make much of a description, to begin with, but no, in Teen Titans Go! there was absolutely no adult supervision or JLA involvement. Perhaps you got confused because I'd like that to happen with a Teen Titans Go roster.

It's obvious that you're just trying to contradict. Under the premise that Dick and Roy meet Batman and Green Arrow around age 12, and they start getting practice at 16 and they join the Titans by age 18, they are less experienced than most of the JLA. Say Batman meets Dick on his second or third year, that would be around the same point the likes of Flash, Green Lantern, Elongated Man, the Atom and the Hawks take spandex to the streets. So by the point Robin debuts Green Lantern, Flash and the rest have been around at least 3 years, not to mention that they are adults, with previous training as army pilots, cops, marines, detectives, space cops, amazon warriors and even escapists. So the entire list of JLAers with more street experience include Batman, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Hawkman, the Atom, Black Canary, Elongated Man, Phantom Stranger, Hawkwoman. Zee is dabatable and Reddie is a robot, so he just needs the programming. The only rookie JLAer would be Firestorm and that situation would mirror what happened with Captain Marvel in the show. Now that's according to how I'd like things. You have to take in consideration that the TT rooster we have been talking about happened in the silver age, and back then it's likely that most JLAers, debuted at the same time as Robin, only with more age and skills in related fields, which would also make them ideal coaches.

its funny how batman had to train for like 10 years to get as good as he got but later on when he takes on sidekicks they only need a few weeks under Bruce and they become super operators. Stuff like that makes the characters seem even more sue-ish than batman.