View Poll Results: Which of these is your LEAST favorite Decade for DC?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1970s

7 6.60%
  • 1980s

4 3.77%
  • 1990s

14 13.21%
  • 2000's

11 10.38%
  • 2010's

70 66.04%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Which is your LEAST favorite Decade for DC?

Of these decades listed, which is your least favorite for DC Comics? Why?

Chances are one of these just isn't your fav. I left off the earlier decades on purpose.
    Last edited by tib2d2; 11-09-2020 at 03:58 PM.

I haven't been reading american comics for up to a decade yet, so my opinion is pretty skewed by ignorance ngl. I will say nothing from the 70s and earlier have ever struck me as particularly....good; besides Jack Kirby's stuff. so of these I guess that would be my pick.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I would say the 2010s. There have been great comics to have come out of that decade, and there were certainly a lot of bad comics before then, but I have noticed a gradual drop in quality the past decade.

Definitely the 2010s. Very damaging and destructive

The tens by a mile.

2010s, I no longer read or am excited about DC comics.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The '90's brought me to the point where I left reading comics altogether. The speculation boom and how the industry responded with cash grabbing tactics to capitalize on the perception that people were going to put their kids through college with those books led to a lot of garbage on the stands. How DC treated the Green Lantern mythology was the final straw and I left the hobby in 1995 after reading comics for a little over 20 years at that point in time. Geoff Johns' JSA run brought me back in the early 2000's.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

The 2010s. When a decade can start out with such a terrible idea that it made a 25 year Superman collector drop the books for 6 years... DC just pretty much destroyed what DC was with Flashpoint and they are still trying to dig out of the mess they created.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I feel like the late 80s did the most damage to DC in terms of characters like Hawkman, Hawkwoman/girl, Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Power Girl, the JSA, etc. It's true the New 52 was almost as bad but the end of Crisis On Infinite Earths is what started the ball rolling.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The 2010s.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I feel like the late 80s did the most damage to DC in terms of characters like Hawkman, Hawkwoman/girl, Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Power Girl, the JSA, etc. It's true the New 52 was almost as bad but the end of Crisis On Infinite Earths is what started the ball rolling.
    Wonder Woman and Donna Troy were not damaged in the 80s. In fact, that was one of their best decades. The problems started in the 90s.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is a bit tough, since all of these have some great stuff mixed in with mediocre stuff and crap.

I'd probably go with the 2010s though. Lot of stuff I loved (Morrison's Action, Rucka's Rebirth Wonder Woman, Morrison beginning TGL, Grayson), but the downsides were really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wonder Woman and Donna Troy were not damaged in the 80s. In fact, that was one of their best decades. The problems started in the 90s.
    I'd say some of the root causes of their problems began in the 80s (chiefly COIE as a whole), but they were balanced out by otherwise having some great stories as well. The issues were compounded later.
    Donna especially was at her best in the 80s, but notably before COIE got the ball rolling on making her a mess.

Every decade since I started reading in the 70s has gotten worse that the previous.

For the longest time it was the ‘90s for me.

But the 2010’s have really taken the cake and made me see the ‘90s weren’t really so bad after all.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The 2010's. The overall feel of DC comics since the New52. Loss of history and characters. Making other characters unrecognizable and some of the worst costume redesigns. Ugh.

I used to spend hundreds on comics each month. Now I spend $10 a month maybe and went a few years not buying anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I'd say some of the root causes of their problems began in the 80s (chiefly COIE as a whole), but they were balanced out by otherwise having some great stories as well. The issues were compounded later.
    Donna especially was at her best in the 80s, but notably before COIE got the ball rolling on making her a mess.
    The 80s began good but ended awful...the 90s ran with the awful for the entire decade.

It would be easy to say the 90s were the worst...but the bad began in the late 80s.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 11-11-2020 at 07:06 AM.