Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Please do not include superman in this discussion, even I can kill him if I have kryptonite, or a red flashlight (if I remember correctly, they once weakened him just because the light is red). The most powerful by far is flash, he can hit with a force comparable to superman, but he is 1 million times faster, he can steal speed, see the future, only with that he wins the entire league.
    I long for the Elseworlds where The Flash tries his infinite mass punch on Superman, and disappears into the black hole he just became. While destroying the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Flash, Zatanna, Captain Atom, Firestorm and Dr Fate would be right up there.

You really don't see the irony of saying this while you have a Superman avatar?
    No. In twenty characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Uhmm Martian Manhunter has one of the most broken powerset in comics. Just for fun we are going to take away Super strength, Heat Vision, Super Breath, Flight, and Durability aka I just removed Superman from him. Martian Manhunter still stomps on most DC characters.

1. Invisibility
    2. Phasing
    3. Shape Shifting
    4. Telepathy

That is the ultimate Predator set up. Exactly how do beat a Telepath that you can't hit? Martian Manhunter is the one of most effective Guerrilla hit and run characters in all of comics. And if you force him to stop playing the hit and run game. Oh yeah he is character in the strength tier of Superman. Objectively why would Martian Manhunter try to fight anybody straight up.

I have always been an advocate of taking a bunch of Martian Martian powers away not because those powers make him OP because they are redundant to Superman and Wonder Woman and he can do what they do but in a different way

Top Tier niche Super Strength=Telepathy
    Flight=Telekinetics
    Super Durability= Phasing, Regeneration
    Esoteric Powers eyebeam,cold breath, =Invisibility, Shapeshifiting

Superman is flying Brick, MM is floating Blob. They do functional same thing but differently. All those powers distract writers from his niche(Most powerful Telepath at DC) and less is actually more because Martian Manhunter has an amazing creativity powerset. How many times has MM stuck someone in wall or made himself weight tons to resist damage? MM get powers better with smart use, He is over powering because he has crazy flexibility.
    If only the writers were as creative. But until then all we can go from is what's in the comics.

Please do not include superman in this discussion, even I can kill him if I have kryptonite, or a red flashlight (if I remember correctly, they once weakened him just because the light is red). The most powerful by far is flash, he can hit with a force comparable to superman, but he is 1 million times faster, he can steal speed, see the future, only with that he wins the entire league.
    Do not confuse battleboards with actual comics. In comics Flash is usually the least powerful save Batman. How many Justice league fights have been decided by Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    If only the writers were as creative. But until then all we can go from is what's in the comics.
    The comics have plenty to go on.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...-thread/85677/

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...nhunter_pre52/

Are there times they get lazy with his power set? Sure. That applies to every character including Superman.

BANNED

more than the presence and overvoid together

BANNED

Do not confuse battleboards with actual comics. In comics Flash is usually the least powerful save Batman. How many Justice league fights have been decided by Flash?
    more than the presence and overvoid together.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The comics have plenty to go on.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...-thread/85677/

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...nhunter_pre52/

Are there times they get lazy with his power set? Sure. That applies to every character including Superman.
    Yeah, respect threads are hardly the barometer of respect shown to a character.

more than the presence and overvoid together.
    Huh? What are you talking about?

Popularity dictates storylines they are dozens of Heroes like MM, Firestorm, Captain Atom, Flash,etc who are in the same tier as Superman or Wonder Woman. But they don't have the popularity so they get pushed to the background(and that is fine). Going by "comics" ignores common sense and often ignores the larger body of work some characters in their books for one or two moments when a character crossover against another character.

Going by comics Harley Quinn does this Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman

Some writers don't care about the consistent presentation of abilities and will write things happening in crossovers/team-ups that don't make sense. Yes, we go by the comics but the consistent presentation of the character. So this about where flash is at

This shouldn't happen

Yeah, respect threads are hardly the barometer of respect shown to a character.
    i think their point is the information on the scans, from the comics, not the literal thread itself...
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    i think their point is the information on the scans, from the comics, not the literal thread itself...
    Exactly my point.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I long for the Elseworlds where The Flash tries his infinite mass punch on Superman, and disappears into the black hole he just became. While destroying the world.
    When Flash...supposedly human in terms of durability...hits supposedly near invulnerable beings and doesn’t disintegrate his hand it’s pretty illogical.

My own feeling is that when Flash is written as more powerful than Superman (defining “powerful” as who would win in an all out fight) both characters are being mis-written....but (of course) DC has been doing that for a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Popularity dictates storylines they are dozens of Heroes like MM, Firestorm, Captain Atom, Flash,etc who are in the same tier as Superman or Wonder Woman. But they don't have the popularity so they get pushed to the background(and that is fine). Going by "comics" ignores common sense and often ignores the larger body of work some characters in their books for one or two moments when a character crossover against another character.

Going by comics Harley Quinn does this Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman

Some writers don't care about the consistent presentation of abilities and will write things happening in crossovers/team-ups that don't make sense. Yes, we go by the comics but the consistent presentation of the character. So this about where flash is at

This shouldn't happen
    Tom King doesn't knows how to write power levels at all. Doesn't mean its the standard for all writers.

Comics are a fantasy medium. Applying realism never works.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Most of those scans are cherry picked and out of context.

You'd think J'onn was treated as the powerhouse of Justice League when Superman is around, that happened only once in Joe Kelly's run which is ignored since then. Superman is and always has been the powerhouse of Justice League.

There's a reason why they always compare someone with Superman in power, rather than Martian Manhunter.