Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He gave Molecule Man a hamburguer during Hickman's Secret Wars, Molecule Man was thankful, and once Reed was fixing the universes, Molecule Man let Miles go to 616 with his supporting cast.
    Well, the ones who didn't have 616 counterparts already (his family, Bombshell, Ganke, and Judge). Anybody who did have a counterpart was axed. Fans were up in arms about the loss of 1610 Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman, who actually WASN'T her 616 namesake's counterpart, she was Scarlet Spider's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If I said I was joking, I'd be lying.

https://i.imgur.com/SRoKKqV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QAwGIcb.jpg

(Secret Wars#6)

https://i.imgur.com/ucAtbQN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UJVI1OM.jpg

(Secret Wars#9)

So yeah, it was like that lol.
    I...I don;t know what to say, except this is completely unnecessarily convoluted .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, the ones who didn't have 616 counterparts already (his family, Bombshell, Ganke, and Judge). Anybody who did have a counterpart was axed. Fans were up in arms about the loss of 1610 Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman, who actually WASN'T her 616 namesake's counterpart, she was Scarlet Spider's.
    And then Molecule Man made Maker end up in 616, even though Maker is Reed's counterpart... And there was something about Maker being "sliced" that made him be spread across the multiverse of something like that, Molecule Man was really arbitrary about this.

That's not even getting into how random Ultimate mutants ended up in X-Men Blue, including Pietro.

Ultimate Jessica would work fine in 616 if other random characters ended up there, she's technically Ben's counterpart, but being opposite sex ironically makes her less of a clone, but by that point 616 had too many Spider-Women already I guess lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I...I don;t know what to say, except this is completely unnecessarily convoluted .
    Remember when aunt May died, only for it to turn out to be some random actress pretending to be her hired by Norman, and the real aunt May was hidden somewhere safe for some reason? 'Cause that situation shows that "unnecessarily convoluted" are two words that can perfectly explain super-hero comic books.

And Maker ended up cloning the main five Ultimates, at the end of Al Ewing's Ultimates2. Captain America died, but that does mean there's a 1610 Giant-Man, Hulk, Wasp and Iron Man in 616.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And Maker ended up cloning the main five Ultimates, at the end of Al Ewing's Ultimates2. Captain America died, but that does mean there's a 1610 Giant-Man, Hulk, Wasp and Iron Man in 616.
    Doesn't change my point that Molecule Man was weirdly arbitrary about making sure no Ultimate counterparts from Miles supporting cast ended up in 616, but Molecule Man was okay with not only letting Ultimate Reed live in 616, but let him be spread around other universes too .

Of course, actual justification is that those characters would be redundant in 616, while Maker is the exact opposite of Reed, just funny to think that in-universe, Molecule Man decided "No, those people aren't getting in, even though I owe Miles for giving me a 3 weeks old hamburguer.".

Man... I really miss the Ultimate universe pre-ultimatum. I wonder if we ever get to explore this "reborn" variant, that exist now. It actually could be fun if Miles did that. Spider-Men 3, with ultimate Peter, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Man... I really miss the Ultimate universe pre-ultimatum. I wonder if we ever get to explore this "reborn" variant, that exist now. It actually could be fun if Miles did that. Spider-Men 3, with ultimate Peter, anyone?
    Wonder if Marvel will remember that Ultimate is destroyed again, 'cause when Maker went to Ultimate, it looked like another Ultimatum happened, probably with less cannibalism.

Either way, if Ultimate could be explored again, hopefully it'd be more than just another "Spider-Men", 'cause honestly, I don't care about either story, Spider-Men II sucked, but the first one wasn't interesting for me too, so I don't really have a lot of hope for a third one being interesting, though at the very least Bendis wouldn't be writing it, but hardly means the alternatives would be good.

Cates and Ahmed have clearly not been communicating as Venom and Miles Morales: Spider-Man have definitely contradicted each other about that.

What a mess.

I still maintain that Miles should never have left 1610.

He should have remained in his home universe, trying his best to be that world's Spider-Man, with his own supporting cast, villains, environment, etc.

Cates and Ahmed have clearly not been communicating as Venom and Miles Morales: Spider-Man have definitely contradicted each other about that.
    **** like this makes it obvious that communication doesn't exist at Marvel lol.