Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Come up with ways to beat an Invinicible Character

Rules

1. No Time Travel

2. No Dimension dumping

3. No mind reading

4. Magic is limited meaning you can't have a spell that goes, I wish said character was not Invincible anymore etc.

The character would have no physical weakness, no psychological weakness. I think that covers everything so lets see what you got.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    Rules

1. No Time Travel

2. No Dimension dumping

3. No mind reading

4. Magic is limited meaning you can't have a spell that goes, I wish said character was not Invincible anymore etc.

The character would have no physical weakness, no psychological weakness. I think that covers everything so lets see what you got.
    Beat them at a relatively non-physical game or intellectual challenge where their invincibility has no bearing on accomplishing the goal.

Presuming you mean in a fight, though, just trick them into falling into a vat of quick-drying cement, bury them in it, then drop the cement block with their body in it into the deepest part of the ocean.

Presuming this is Khazan and you don't have a cement pit available, just be good enough at martial arts to pin them with superior leverage and skill for a ten-count; if binding materials are enabled, cuff or hog-tie them while they are off-balance.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Beat them at a relatively non-physical game or intellectual challenge where their invincibility has no bearing on accomplishing the goal.

Presuming you mean in a fight, though, just trick them into falling into a vat of quick-drying cement, bury them in it, then drop the cement block with their body in it into the deepest part of the ocean.

Presuming this is Khazan and you don't have a cement pit available, just be good enough at martial arts to pin them with superior leverage and skill for a ten-count; if binding materials are enabled, cuff or hog-tie them while they are off-balance.
    Ok not bad.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So by no physical weaknesses, do you mean 'cannot be hurt'? Because I think 'Dogpile followed by Really Strong Handcuffs™' is fine for that.

If you mean 'physically unbeatable due to superstrength/speed/toughness on a level nobody can match', that's different.

Edit: *reads Sharker's post* Yeah, he covered it already. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Didn't the JMS series Rising Stars have an invulnerable person that got killed when somebody put a plasticbag over his head?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Didn't the JMS series Rising Stars have an invulnerable person that got killed when somebody put a plasticbag over his head?
    Suffocation, yes, assuming they need air. That'll do the trick.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

It would really depends on what form their invincibility takes, and what limitations it may have.

Like, someone who is immune to physical force at human levels could still possibly be catapulted into a volcano, or have the floor blown out underneath them and drown because they fell into the deep end of a pool and never learned how to swim. Invincibility due to luck manipulation or a divine enchantment to never be defeated would be substantially trickier to handle.

This situation actually came up when I was running a Hawkmoon adventure for my old Stormbringer group. There was an NPC (scientist, I think) who was immortal and invincible but was otherwise an average human with no particular combat skills. The players realized that he was invulnerable after 2 or 3 rounds of varied attacks, including various melee weapons, fire, and magic. Then one of the player characters disarmed him and another one grappled him to the ground. They hogtied him and just left him there, then continued on with the adventure.

There's the old way Spider-man beat Juggernaut by dropping him into forty feet of wet cement.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Just treat him like Butterball: strap him to the front of your car and go driving through fences.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

Be Kenshiro and make his body destroy itself.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post

I still thought we were talking about a character from the comic Invincible, who basically had this happen to him. It didn't stick.

https://images.app.goo.gl/d3wKHxxWfKDe3hN78

I realize now this is not what you all are talking about, but whatever.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Vanish/Doom wrecked a lot of things that "Shouldn't" have been able to die to death magic. X-Zone would probably count as D-Dumping them.

The other answer is to REALLY Field test their invulnerability. "No weaknesses" doesn't equate to "cannot be harmed". SO let's see if they walk off Laharl blowing up their planet or something.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

As above, it depends on the type of invincibility, but a few other ideas (the last of which won't work if it's the type of invincibility that renders them impossible to hurt in the first place):

1) Incapacitating them in one of the various ways listed above, then sending them on a one-way trip into space.
    2) Incapacitating them in one of the various ways listed above, then attaching them to a drip of a powerful tranquiliser.
    3) Cryogenically freezing them.
    4) Cutting pieces off them/exploding them, then separating all their pieces into boxes scattered around the world (à la the Judge in Buffy the Vampire Slayer).

BANNED

Use Food Luck - Shimabukuro