Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It wasn't Pym particles that embiggened him, so those rules don't exactly apply.

But in any case, my point was not to validate the feat wholesale, merely to show that Danny punches really damn hard, more than hard enough to drop Luke, given that he's literally done that and has also dropped some other folks on that tier as well. I agree that one-shotting the Thing is a bridge too far for Danny, though not by all THAT much, given that Danny drops Luke in all his modern explicitly powered-up state.
    Wasn’t criticising your post, Big. Just calling bullshit on the fact that writers put that silliness into a comic.

But then, y’know, Moon Knight beat the Avengers, so what the hell do I know about modern Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Exactly. I wouldn’t give Danny good odds of hurting Ben OR Giant Man Hank, let alone someone that’s basically Ben magnified by the same ratio Hank is magnified by when he giants up.

Just a big ole lolnope.
    I dunno, if Danny say, hit him in the feelings, it'd be a quick loss for ol Hank.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The elders of K'un L'un should have probably done a psych eval on Danny before wasting all that training on the guy.
    You mean the guys who kidnapped a kid who survived a plane crash while losing his parents and brutally trained him to be a child monk soldier?

Pretty sure they are the last people who should be evaluating anyone's mental state
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I dunno, if Danny say, hit him in the feelings, it'd be a quick loss for ol Hank.
    And Jan. Or is she still dead? I feel like a Marvel character can only stay dead so long before the corporate attorneys start getting nervous about protecting the IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    You mean the guys who kidnapped a kid who survived a plane crash while losing his parents and brutally trained him to be a child monk soldier?

Pretty sure they are the last people who should be evaluating anyone's mental state
    And then made the kid that they’d raised the best go into the dark to fight a dragon just to eat its heart.

Yeah, you make a good point. Those guys should not be allowed near children at all.

Luke has also punched The Thing out... as well as taken a hit or two from him. Luke seems to be in a range of not get effortlessly fispatched by folks of that caliber, though they can beat him down easily enough.

How many all out Iron fist attacks can Danny do?

Does cartoon Luke being able to block automatic Crossbow bolt fire help him in composite fight? Cartoon version skin is also noted as being tough as Adamantium.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Luke has also punched The Thing out... as well as taken a hit or two from him. Luke seems to be in a range of not get effortlessly fispatched by folks of that caliber, though they can beat him down easily enough.
    Luke punching out the Thing smells kinda a bit SMvFL-y, IMHO.

Not sure it really matters. One S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier-destroying shot is going K Luke TFO.

Does cartoon Luke being able to block automatic Crossbow bolt fire help him in composite fight? Cartoon version skin is also noted as being tough as Adamantium.
    The first part adds nothing, given that comics Luke is resistant to stuff way in excess of crossbows. I’m thinking high-velocity AP rounds, etc.

The second part is meaningless, given that anecdotal comments are irrelevant. Statements for show, feats for a pro.

This post was brought to you by Acronyms: The Lazy Man’s Writing Device.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

He can do a lot of them ever since... forever really. Back in the 70's and 80's, Danny could do one good IF and he was kind of cashed.

But, especially after the Immortal Iron Fist series, he's got massively more power and control. He can keep IF tricks going for a while.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Lightbulb

Not sure it really matters. One S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier-destroying shot is going K Luke TFO.

The first part adds nothing, given that comics Luke is resistant to stuff way in excess of crossbows. I’m thinking high-velocity AP rounds, etc.

The second part is meaningless, given that anecdotal comments are irrelevant. Statements for show, feats for a pro.

This post was brought to you by Acronyms: The Lazy Man’s Writing Device.
    I guess. Luke is tangling, albeit being outmuscled by some pretty strong people, but it does seem beyond him. He should be able to make Thing feel it, but that's about it.

Why would the Helicarrier punch KO Luke? It seems Luke and Danny have fought in the past. Danny was mind controlled or something, but ultimately still using the fist. And Luke got up pretty quick. Likewise, I saw an old scan of Luke being punted through 4 buildings by Hulk... I don't know if Luke got up from that. Here it is:

That aside, I always found Luke's hits against Proxima Midnight close to the Helicarrier range anyway. Causing cars and the ground to shake is pretty good. And he's always been more durable than Strong. Doesn't seem 100% a songle punch would put him down.

@BIG
    I was under the impression the helicarrier was like Danny focusing a bit extra and the maximizing of his damage output. Not just like a casual punch he can throw out non stop.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 11-11-2020 at 03:30 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I think it's possible if Ben basically stood there and let Luke whale on him for an extended amount of time. Kind of like him doing the same with Classic Rogue or the like. Or a man letting a 12-year old punch him in the face over and over. If there's damage being done, at some point it's going to add up.

But Ben fighting back? Nope. Ben massively outclasses Luke in strength, and likely is more skilled to boot. And there's zero speed advantage. They exchange a few hits, Ben says 'Wow, I actually felt that. An' you're still standing. Colour me impressed.' Then he grabs Luke and re-enacts Hulk vs Loki from Avengers. Only worse.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

punted through 4 buildings by Hulk... I don't know if Luke got up from that.
    Then what is the point of mentioning it?

And Luke got up pretty quick.
    And on other occasions he's knocked him right out, so..

Sounds about right, Sharp. You're quite sharp!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Then what is the point of mentioning it?

And on other occasions he's knocked him right out, so..
    Because I figured someone else would know what happenned and curious about it.

Ironfist has knocked Luke out multiple times?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

How much money does Danny owe Luke in this match?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    How much money does Danny owe Luke in this match?
    If it's less than 50 bucks, Danny's fine.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan