Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Capullo posted a pic of Lois & Clark together in Death Metal and Lois still looks “normal” so I don’t think that’s her. But that would be a great story! I don’t think anyone has ever done that story, Lois dying of old age and how Clark deals with that.
    I thought Last Stories was about possible ending for the DC characters.

Oh wait I just realized Clark isn’t in his Death Metal gear, so maybe this story isn’t featuring “current” Death Metal Superman. Sorry the mullet kind of distracted me from everything else lmao. Ra-El I think you may be right after all.

Oh wait I just realized Clark isn’t in his Death Metal gear, so maybe this story isn’t featuring “current” Death Metal Superman. Sorry the mullet kind of distracted me from everything else lmao. Ra-El I think you may be right after all.
    And I think you may be right.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My guess is it's Lois. But I don't know for sure. Interesting that they brought back the mullet. Wonder if he's going to keep it after this "Metal" crap.
    Assassinate Putin!

Is this even Clark? I hate having to ask that question these days but, for lack of being able to see details of the costume and whether he's wearing trunks or not, could always be Jon and Lois, a mom and son moment instead.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-10-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Is this even Clark? I hate having to ask that question these days but, for lack of being able to see details of the costume and whether he's wearing trunks or not, could always be Jon and Lois, a mom and son moment instead.
    Mark Waid is not writing anyone other than Clark as Superman lol. Over a decade of being shut out of DC, finally getting to write Superman again, there’s no way he’d pick Jon over Clark. Hope I don’t come across as a dick, I’m just picturing Waid’s reaction to DC telling him “you can write Superman but you can’t write Clark, it has to be his son” . That would not have gone over well.

Also that’s Manapal’s Clark, just with Death Metal hair. Wrong outfit though, but it’s not Jon’s Superman outfits either.

But hey save this post and if it turns out it is Jon, you get to come back and tell me “I told you so”

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I would be down for waid doing a run with Jon Kent superman. Especially,he gets to build him up like he did wally.

Mark Waid is not writing anyone other than Clark as Superman lol. Over a decade of being shut out of DC, finally getting to write Superman again, there’s no way he’d pick Jon over Clark. Hope I don’t come across as a dick, I’m just picturing Waid’s reaction to DC telling him “you can write Superman but you can’t write Clark, it has to be his son” . That would not have gone over well.

Also that’s Manapal’s Clark, just with Death Metal hair. Wrong outfit though, but it’s not Jon’s Superman outfits either.

But hey save this post and if it turns out it is Jon, you get to come back and tell me “I told you so”
    I'm not saying that Jon is starring in this over Superman. But it is a quote unquote final story. The family is going to be in it, obviously. I have no doubt Waid will be primarily featuring Superman, as you say, no way he'd be keen to come back and right away be forced to write someone else, but its not like he personally chooses which panels to put in a preview. I mean, I lean toward it being Clark too because of the long hair which he is more synonymous with. But I think its reasonable to wonder at the same time, as when they're both adults they're drawn looking fairly identical.

That said, for all I know we'll see Clark visiting Jon in this story and even he is a man in his 60s and we find out he ages by human standards.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-10-2020 at 11:21 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I would be down for waid doing a run with Jon Kent superman. Especially,he gets to build him up like he did wally.
    To be honest, I don't think Mark Waid will write Jon, but considering this is his first DC project in DC, I don't know if he mellowed or not. But, considering Mark Waid is anti marriage person, I believe if he is given a chance to write Jon or Clark, he will write Clark in a sec. That's the kind person he is.

BANNED

DC: Do you want to write Superman?
    Mark Waid: Hell Yes!
    DC: But it's his son.
    Mark Waid: .... **** You.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    DC: Do you want to write Superman?
    Mark Waid: Hell Yes!
    DC: But it's his son.
    Mark Waid: .... **** You.
    Hilarious