Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Well, at the very least, I'm sure he'll make for a very lively and fun teacher at the Kubert School, where his penchant for theatrics and trolling won't result in derailing any more characters for decades
    He will only poison the minds of young creative. No worries

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    He will only poison the minds of young creative. No worries
    I have been teaching for decades and I can assure you that teachers do not wield that kind of power. At best, a good teacher can help a student look at things differently, so I don't expect the Kubert School to suddenly start producing graduates who all mindlessly believe that the Titans are superfluous characters that make the marquee characters look old.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I have been teaching for decades and I can assure you that teachers do not wield that kind of power. At best, a good teacher can help a student look at things differently, so I don't expect the Kubert School to suddenly start producing graduates who all mindlessly believe that the Titans are superfluous characters that make the marquee characters look old.
    That would be nice but there's also a small possibility of Didio attaching Starros to all his students

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    That would be nice but there's also a small possibility of Didio attaching Starros to all his students
    I for one am ready for the slew of Metal Men comics that will be the result of indoctrination.

Considering Dan Didio's parting act was the creation of Yara, the most exciting and innovative new character in the DC mythos since the 90's, he was clearly too good for us.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 11-16-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Boisterously Confused

He was fired, and lasted as long as he did for reasons we won't know for years, if ever. Everybody releasing, or leaking information has an angle.

These days, in this world of vastly available data, we confuse information with truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I for one am ready for the slew of Metal Men comics that will be the result of indoctrination.
    Hoping for a TV show based on the 150 issue run

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Considering Dan Didio's parting act was the creation of Yara, the most exciting and innovative new character in the DC mythos since the 90's, he was clearly too good for us.
    What proof is there that he had any hand in Yara's creation? Also, maybe we should wait until Yara's actual debut before declaring her praises yet.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

As with anyone else, Didio was neither the villain his detractors depicted him to be nor the savior his proponents argue he was. The truth was somewhere in the middle.

During the mid-2000's (circa Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, and 52) it felt like DC was firing on all cylinders. But it also seemed following the conclusion of 52 that Didio had burned through all his better ideas during that period, as the only consistently interesting books thereafter were Green Lantern and Batman. Eventually New 52 came but that had mixed reactions to put it mildly and ran out of steam after a year. Then it felt like Didio wasn't sure what to do, alternating between catering to the nostalgia base and trying to market to a non-existent new base.

It certainly was not all bad under Didio, however. We got All Star Superman, Morrison's Batman & Action Comics, Johns' Green Lantern, Jim Lee on Batman, Superman, & JLA, and 52 (even if he hated the latter) under Didio's tenure. But we also got 5 different & conflicting origin stories for Superman, the deconstruction of the Titans (specifically Wally West & Dick Grayson), New 52, DC You, numerous status quo changes for the Legion, and Countdown to Infinite Crisis (the latter Didio deemed "52 done right"). It was definitely a mixed bag. It also felt like there was never long-term planning for any new initiative and that Didio would quickly shift from one status-quo change to another within a very short time period. He definitely seems like a guy who gets bored with one direction pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What proof is there that he had any hand in Yara's creation? Also, maybe we should wait until Yara's actual debut before declaring her praises yet.
    She was part of 5G, Dan Didio's final DC project.

Extraordinary Member

Keep in mind that the weekly Countdown series is what Dan wanted the weekly 52 series to be, but the 52 writers made it what it was.

You can see the dip in quality between the two weekly series.

She was part of 5G, Dan Didio's final DC project.
    We saw the 5G wonder character DiDio wanted and it wasn't Yara.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    We saw the 5G wonder character DiDio wanted and it wasn't Yara.
    I'm pretty sure it was Yara....What character was it then?

Regarding Countdown, why was it so universally panned?
    I know it was no 52 (even with Didio spiteful-claims), but outside of having NO relevance to the actual Final Crisis, its premise wasnt bad imo

Dark Mary Marvel, the multiversal search-party for Ray Palmer, The Monitors' scheming, The Monarch's conquests, and more.
    (altough I could have done without the gore aspects, mainñy Earth-15 and Earth-51 destruction.. I hate when peaceful Earths get decimated on-screen for no reason AT ALL..)

I'm pretty sure it was Yara....What character was it then?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Regarding Countdown, why was it so universally panned?
    I know it was no 52 (even with Didio spiteful-claims), but outside of having NO relevance to the actual Final Crisis, its premise wasnt bad imo
    It's premise may not have been bad but its execution sure was.