Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's stuck in 616 lore so no "X-Men Forever" stuff and it's rotating writers.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

I actually had to click the link cause that quote seemed too out there. They are really gonna do Adam X as third/fourth brother?

So this is in continuity, and picking up stories from throughout x-history. I see this book as a way to show how Hickman retcon works throughout the history of the line, and setup the stories he wants to tell. Legends issue about a new Summers brother, then he shows up in modern stories too.

So, anyone will write about the Professor X loves Jean Grey plot?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So, anyone will write about the Professor X loves Jean Grey plot?
    Not unless there is a secret Stan Lee script somewhere.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by guy_gardner View Post
    EH..not sure who was really nostalgic for Adam X of all things..

but if these side stories are done in the same vein as the back ups for Classic X-Men, I'm sure it'll be fine
    I am genuinely excited about this. I've always hoped they would revisit the Adam-X storyline and resolve it. That "Age of Apocalypse" mini-series from during "Secret Wars" (2015) did pay some much-appreciated recognition to it, but I've still always wanted this.

Hell, I'd still even like to see them incorporate Claremont's "X-Men: The End" resolution to the Third Summers Brother storyline as well. There's really no reason Gambit couldn't still be a Cyclops/Sinister chimera -- and consequently the Fifth Summers Brother.

BANNED

There is a lot of reasons why Gamit shouldn't be a summers brother, he has his own father

Don't want Gambit to become a one more summers brother but Remy must be a Sinister's son.

Is it too much to ask that Wolverine poke his head in on the Seagle era Alpha Flight? If I recall correctly they had like a half dozen unresolved plot lines.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    There is a lot of reasons why Gamit shouldn't be a summers brother, he has his own father
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Don't want Gambit to become a one more summers brother but Remy must be a Sinister's son.
    It wouldn't surprise me if that particular Third Summers Brother development is even less welcomed by general X-Men fans than the Adam-X revisit, but I'm no stranger to clinging to the unwanted bits of comic history. =P Especially where the X-Men are concerned.

The concept at large for this "X-Men Legends" title is right up my alley too, though. They've got an instant subscriber in me for this one. I'm more excited for this than any current X-book. I don't know how alone I am in that, but even if I'm the only one they're writing this for, I'm stoked.
    Last edited by The Twilight Mexican; 11-10-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Wonder how Claremont's habit of pretending stuff he didn't write never happened will affect the project?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So more nostalgia wank. Got it.
    In other words, business as usual for comics?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wonder how Claremont's habit of pretending stuff he didn't write never happened will affect the project?

In other words, business as usual for comics?
    He already wrote at Cable's funeral a story where Maddie and Scott have a happy ending even though it doesn't make the slightest sense.

It will remain the same.

I hope we get to see a Moonstar story from Nicezia, and how he wanted that to all play out. Maybe some lost Cable stories would be good for him too.

Scott Lobdell fixing the M/Penance mess comes to mind.

And for CC, it's endless... Jean/Psylocke power swap, Zaladane, some plot danglers XXM I can't recall, Betsy/Psylocke mess, Kitty/Rachel/Illyana.

OG X-Factor could dig deeper into Apoc with the new mythos, too.

This sounds terrible. Like really really terrible especially when the line is so good at the moment

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If the line is so good, why is there a 'Hickman Sucks' thread?

Checkmate, atheists.
    "Cable was right!"

This would be a perfect series to answer if Zaladane is indeed related to Polaris.