Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    how would u guys feel if claremont did a story that was SIX-MONTH GAP period before x-men vol 2 #100 revolution arc?

The six-month gap is set between:

Uncanny X-Men #380 -> 381
    X-Men (2nd series) #99 -> 100
    The only story I want from that gap is how Betsy stole Jean's telekinesis and how Jean absorbed Betsy's telepathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Since this is going to be in continuity , does this mean we will have 4 Summers bros. ?
    We have 4 brothers and a cyclops clone in brood space having adventures

I'm still miffed that Gambit wasn't the 3rd brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The only story I want from that gap is how Betsy stole Jean's telekinesis and how Jean absorbed Betsy's telepathy.
    No doubt Claremont would include his trademarked "ultimate intimacy"

I'm still miffed that Gambit wasn't the 3rd brother.
    Oh me to!!!!!!

Yeah, me too.

But I hope they will not use the lame "blame Shadow King" theory that without Betsy's TP, he could escape the Astral Plane. So SK caused the switch. I want a better reason with a good story attached.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 11-15-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Fantastic Member

I can't see how anyone would have wanted Gambit to be. That sounds just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I can't see how anyone would have wanted Gambit to be. That sounds just awful.
    Word. Gambit dodged a bullet getting involved with the Summers drama.

Fantastic Member

The Untold Stories of Honey Badger, Laura, and Deadpool!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Mutants were forgotten for like a day. I dont think there really is much to be explored there since Rosenberg resolved this at the end of his run
    The first Primal.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Would love it of they brought Liefeld to do New Mutants and Jim Lee to do Uncanny X-Men. The X franchise has never reached the level of greatness it had in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    I am genuinely excited about this. I've always hoped they would revisit the Adam-X storyline and resolve it. That "Age of Apocalypse" mini-series from during "Secret Wars" (2015) did pay some much-appreciated recognition to it, but I've still always wanted this.

Hell, I'd still even like to see them incorporate Claremont's "X-Men: The End" resolution to the Third Summers Brother storyline as well. There's really no reason Gambit couldn't still be a Cyclops/Sinister chimera -- and consequently the Fifth Summers Brother.
    Excited as well for Adam-X's story and his connection to Katherine Summers and Cyclops/Havok to finally be told - loved the fraternal treatment (of Cyke, Havok and Adam/Burner) in the AOA storyline, and have literally been waiting 25 yrs (since X-Men v.2 #39) for this to come to fruition in the 616. I never felt fully satisfied when the third 'Summers brother' was later revealed to be Gabriel/Vulcan, but am good now with that retcon being canon and don't see (as some suggest that) Adam and Gabriel as being mutually exclusive (since Katherine was already pregnant with Gabriel at the time of her abduction). Adam could certainly have been 'hatched' ex utero, much the same way cousin Xandra was. Yes, true Adam probably needs some updating, but he never had the benefit of being developed and evolving over time with the times (like other very 90s characters such as Cable and Shatterstar, or even Longshot).

I on the other hand have always been ambivalent about Gambit as a 'brother' even is he is a Sinister/Cyclops chimera - the whole cloning thing throws that off a bit. Anyway it would have just been Sinister splicing certain elements out of Scott's DNA into his own rather than a 50/50 combination. I doubt that Warpath anytime soon is going to embrace Sinister as a brother just because Sinister has some of John Proudstar's genomic sequences grafted into his DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    They’re not going to do anything to contradict the current status quo. This isn’t a Forever series. So while WE may find out that Adam-X is a Summers brother, the characters can’t because they never did and it would affect things since....
    So wondered about this too if these stories are in-continuity, how this would play out forward into the current/present narrative, particularly on Krakoa and House Summers. It's not like Cyclops or Havok (who will also be starring in the first X-Men Legends story), have since acknowledged or referenced any relationship to Adam - perhaps Adam did learn the truth back then but decided to hold off on telling them (that might actually seem consistent with how Burner held off on that reveal in the AOA universe) but hopefully it isn't a situation similar to when the X-Men first met Corsair that Jean knows/knew and promised to keep it secret.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

X-Men Legends sounds like a fun series and I hope it has a nice long run and doesn't just last 12 issues, although I'm afraid the anthology format doesn't really help with sales.

I also wonder if they'll bring back Scott Lobdell given all the bad publicity he's been getting lately, as he's one of the few major X-writers of the past who wasn't listed in the initial press release.

Astonishing Member

Wonder if Cassandra nova being in armor will be brought up

Incredible Member

This would've been the perfect series to bring Robert Weinberg back into finish his Askani plotlines for Cable (not his Apocalypse one, though). Unfortunately, he has long since passed away and the forum page where he described such plotlines is also kaput.