Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Seems this is where I can get my real Cable fix, so I’m buying it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Hickman has had TWO nostalgia focused stories (the first Giant Size one-shot and X-Men #17) out of over two dozen issues that he's released while working in the X-Office. I think you're jumping the gun a little bit. I can't speak for the rest of Marvel cause I honestly only pay attention to the X-Men comics.
    Welp there were Brood stories for 2 issues that were pretty much nostalgia. Costumes for some characters have been a disappointment. I don't think GSX matters to me really. It isn't a flagship book and the part where it was shown was actually a homage to a recent comic. Honestly I have no objection if he does things from recent events. It actually makes it more feel like respecting the continuity rather than going back to Claremont or Lobdell for nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Welp there were Brood stories for 2 issues that were pretty much nostalgia. Costumes for some characters have been a disappointment. I don't think GSX matters to me really. It isn't a flagship book and the part where it was shown was actually a homage to a recent comic. Honestly I have no objection if he does things from recent events. It actually makes it more feel like respecting the continuity rather than going back to Claremont or Lobdell for nostalgia.
    It seems like you just don't want some old concepts revisited, because those Brood issues were not that nostalgia heavy. They recontextualized that entire alien race and then redefined their role in the franchise through the use of a relatively new character (Broo). Also Morrison's run is 20 years old at this point so even that can be considered nostalgia for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    It is always bad look back on time. It means that currents comics aren't so successful

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It is always bad look back on time. It means that currents comics aren't so successful
    Were the comics not successful when Claremont & co decided to do X-Men Classic, spirit2011?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Were the comics not successful when Claremont & co decided to do X-Men Classic, spirit2011?
    X-men classic was just reprint of Claremont while Himself was still writing X-men. For me it was more for people to catch up and of course easy money for Marvel.

I remember when DC tip the toes on old continuity in covergency, one year later they ended the new52 to bring back some post crisis continuity.

and what are you insinuating about me? better explain this
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-31-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Incredible Member

X-men classic was just reprint of Claremont while Himself was still writing X-men. For me it was more for people to catch up and of course easy money for Marvel.

I remember when DC tip the toes on old continuity in covergency, one year later they ended the new52 to bring back some post crisis continuity.
    X-Men Classic had backups showing past events.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    X-Men Classic had backups showing past events.
    That was Classic X-Men. When the title changed to X-Men Classics, they dropped the backups.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It seems like you just don't want some old concepts revisited, because those Brood issues were not that nostalgia heavy. They recontextualized that entire alien race and then redefined their role in the franchise through the use of a relatively new character (Broo). Also Morrison's run is 20 years old at this point so even that can be considered nostalgia for some.
    Eh, Brood are a pretty aged and feeble concept in itself. Even before Hickman therefore hardly anything I have seen in "Brood comics" that doesn't make it gross. Dauterman homages a certain moment that didn't really affected the issue at all really therefore I think you are kinda of in thin air on this thing.
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-31-2021 at 09:48 PM.

and what are you insinuating about me? better explain this
    The logic is still the same behind both books - retelling old stories while the line is successful as a treat for older fans. And easy money, obviously!

And apologies, maybe I should've used the name of your other account, baxer.

X MEN 88.jpgLoving this Cover by Brett Booth.Dazzler look's badass

What’s that for?

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Cyclops' body looks weird. But I like the costumes.

Lets add Storm and we have an amazing X-team.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought X-Men Legends was in continuity, so why is Booth making costumes up?

Oh man... I love those costumes! It can’t be for Legacy since it’s in the past and those costumes have never been used..

But yeah. Add in Storm and it’s got a great roster!