Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Attachment 105583Loving this Cover by Brett Booth.Dazzler look's badass
    I could tolerate those uniforms (at least Rogue's critical look is there and only minorly updated). But I will never be able to accept Cyclops' "skullcap" in ANY uniform. I can only see a robot/android whenever he wears it.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I could tolerate those uniforms (at least Rogue's critical look is there and only minorly updated). But I will never be able to accept Cyclops' "skullcap" in ANY uniform. I can only see a robot/android whenever he wears it.
    I've always preferred the Jim Lee look that has his hair. it seems cooler to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    That skullcap reminds me back when I used to swim competitively and we would put our swim cap on top of our googles so they wouldn't flip or fill with water when we dived.

Um...

Now, if we can get Tony Daniel or Greg Capullo to draw a couple issues, maybe there are some X-Force stories I wouldn't mind revisiting…
    Yes! Yes!!! All the yes!!!

This needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    There are so many unresolved plots in X-men history. I cannot wait for this. I also like seeing these creators return and revisit these characters. The next “show runner” after Hickman could very well be chosen from these creators.

The third summers brother was a massive mystery that.... was resolved way too late. I’m curious to see what Nicieza has in mind.

Shatterstar’s backstory.

There was a Psylocke v Jean Grey fight that was dropped.

Whatever happened to Amalgam:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Amalgam_(Earth-616)

Zaladane?

Amelia Vought?

Cerebros Xmen?
    One thing that appeals so much to me re: issues #1-2 and this story with Adam-X is that this truly was a story that Fabian had intended and already outlined 25+ years ago (so in his mind is history, just hadn't yet been placed on paper) and works well to be told as a flashback story. I think there are a lot of unresolved stories that the editors will have to chose whether to be told in historical stories or revealed in-sequence in current books. What I'm hoping is that XML doesn't just become vehicle for retcons (where there aren't already current hints/clues) or create new stories that don't serve to drive the current X-books forward.

I know there are a lot of question marks in X-history but I think some things may be better left alone. Zaladane's history now is a big mess. She was introduced back in 1970 as a Savage Land fixture. Wasn't until 20 years later that Claremont introduced the idea of Zaladane as Lorna's sister. Not sure if Claremont actually had a backstory in mind, but with Lorna 14 years later being revealed to ultimately indeed be Magneto's daughter, that now makes the Lorna-Zala sister connection impossible. Lorna's birth surname isn't revealed ("Dane" is her uncle by marriage so another Dane wouldn't have the genetics to 'steal' Lorna's powers). I can imagine some scenario where the High Evolutionary grafted some of Polaris' x-genes into Zaladane, so she wouldn't be an actual sister but that would enable her to take Lorna's powers (similar to how Sinister had did the same with Havok and the Living Monolith). But that's really convoluted and they're probably better off leaving this one alone at this point lol.

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    I know there are a lot of question marks in X-history but I think some things may be better left alone. Zaladane's history now is a big mess. She was introduced back in 1970 as a Savage Land fixture. Wasn't until 20 years later that Claremont introduced the idea of Zaladane as Lorna's sister. Not sure if Claremont actually had a backstory in mind, but with Lorna 14 years later being revealed to ultimately indeed be Magneto's daughter, that now makes the Lorna-Zala sister connection impossible. Lorna's birth surname isn't revealed ("Dane" is her uncle by marriage so another Dane wouldn't have the genetics to 'steal' Lorna's powers). I can imagine some scenario where the High Evolutionary grafted some of Polaris' x-genes into Zaladane, so she wouldn't be an actual sister but that would enable her to take Lorna's powers (similar to how Sinister had did the same with Havok and the Living Monolith). But that's really convoluted and they're probably better off leaving this one alone at this point lol.
    Someone asked Claremont about the Lorna/Zaladane connection sometime back and he apparently confirmed that their father is a white-haired man, ergo Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Someone asked Claremont about the Lorna/Zaladane connection sometime back and he apparently confirmed that their father is a white-haired man, ergo Magneto.
    OMG, no! Did he really say that and would have that reference/where? Even more reason to hope they guardrail what he does in his X-Men Legends issue(s). That makes no sense and reeks of lazy concepting and not being a fully fleshed out thought. When Claremont back in 1989 decided to make Zaladane Polaris' sister (really predicated that these two established characters were both "Danes"), there was no indication yet that Magneto was Lorna's father (which wasn't revealed until 2003 in issue #431). Is Claremont trying to say that Magneto also fathered Zaladane, either via Suzanne Dane (so same parentage as Lorna) or some other woman (so half-sister to Polaris) but that somehow both were adopted by "Danes"? And then Magneto later kills her own daughter Zaladane within Claremont's run? There is ALL sorts of wrong and morbid there.

This would be badly trying to retrofit a square peg in a circle.

Fantastic Member

Zaladane could be daughter of Suzanne and Arnold and so is a maternal half-sister to Polaris. They were both adopted by Dane family, but Zala was much older than Lorna and rebellious, so she run from home and eventually ended on Savage Land. If I remember correctly, Lorna hadn't know that she was adopted and believed that Dane were here real parents. So she probably had some mental trauma that caused her to forget Suzanne and Arnold, same trauma could have caused her to forgot her elder sister Zala and Danes never mentioned her, because they hadn't wanted to traumatize Lorna further.

Another possibility is that Zala is daughter of Magneto and Mrs. Dane, so she is a paternal half-sister to Polaris. It could be revealed that Magneto first met Mrs. Dane and through her later met Suzanne. The rest of the story could stay the same - Zala run from home, maybe even because Lorna was brought into family as she wanted to stay the only child. And Lorna was too traumatized to remember her.

Ultimate Member

Or just go wild with it;

'Zaladane' is a Savage Land mutate who has an unstable X-gene and absorbs traits from another person, usually one she fixates on. Last week it was Polaris, and she invented this whole fantasy of being her long-lost sister (while both taking on physical traits and powers of Polaris).

Next week she runs into Frenzy...

Incredible Member

OMG, no! Did he really say that and would have that reference/where? Even more reason to hope they guardrail what he does in his X-Men Legends issue(s). That makes no sense and reeks of lazy concepting and not being a fully fleshed out thought. When Claremont back in 1989 decided to make Zaladane Polaris' sister (really predicated that these two established characters were both "Danes"), there was no indication yet that Magneto was Lorna's father (which wasn't revealed until 2003 in issue #431). Is Claremont trying to say that Magneto also fathered Zaladane, either via Suzanne Dane (so same parentage as Lorna) or some other woman (so half-sister to Polaris) but that somehow both were adopted by "Danes"? And then Magneto later kills her own daughter Zaladane within Claremont's run? There is ALL sorts of wrong and morbid there.

I'm pretty sure that Claremont didn't intend for Polaris to be Magneto's daughter, but he did know that Polaris was adopted given how much of a continuity hound he was and that he worked at Marvel and influenced the X-Men during the time she was introduced. What he did intend was for Polaris and Zaladane to have both been adopted by the Danes but Zaladane got separated or something and ended up in the Savage Land. At this point, it'd be easiest to say that Zaladane was lying and they aren't related. If they do make them related, then say that they were twins adopted by the Danes and during the orphanage transfer, Zaladane got taken to the Savage Land. Claremont did intend to resurrect Zaladane during his second run (the Neo one), but unfortunately the art was so abysmal that it tanked his run even though the writing was all right.

Magneto having unknowingly killed his own daughter to protect Rogue would be morbid, but it would make sense for Claremont. During Claremont's run, Magneto's motivation came from the fact that he couldn't move on after the Holocaust because his daughter Anya got killed because he was a mutant. Him having unknowingly killed his own daughter after failing to reform, so he could steel himself to face the Shadow King, is tragic but works for Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Zaladane could be daughter of Suzanne and Arnold and so is a maternal half-sister to Polaris. They were both adopted by Dane family, but Zala was much older than Lorna and rebellious, so she run from home and eventually ended on Savage Land. If I remember correctly, Lorna hadn't know that she was adopted and believed that Dane were here real parents. So she probably had some mental trauma that caused her to forget Suzanne and Arnold, same trauma could have caused her to forgot her elder sister Zala and Danes never mentioned her, because they hadn't wanted to traumatize Lorna further.

Another possibility is that Zala is daughter of Magneto and Mrs. Dane, so she is a paternal half-sister to Polaris. It could be revealed that Magneto first met Mrs. Dane and through her later met Suzanne. The rest of the story could stay the same - Zala run from home, maybe even because Lorna was brought into family as she wanted to stay the only child. And Lorna was too traumatized to remember her.
    Yes, this all could work.

Also, in the issue where Lorna first appears, the set director where Jean is modeling is called "Mr Dane". Coincidence that a few pages later, Lorna appears and tells Bobby her name is "Lorna Dane"? It seems so unlikely.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Someone mentioned that Claremont answered a fan letter basically saying that Magneto was their father in the comments section for this article. https://www.cbr.com/the-abandoned-an...olaris-powers/
    But the comments have been scrubbed so it no longer exists there. However, I do have a picture I've saved of that comment.
    http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_u...dlOcqA_50.jpeg

http://secretsbehindthexmen.blogspot...australia.html
    I know he also planned on resurrecting Zaladane and having her show up on Genosha in the 2000s, so likely he would have revealed there that Magneto, Lorna, and Zaladane were all related. Since Zaladane was associated with the High Evolutionary (much like Wanda and Pietro were in their origin), my guess is that he would have been involved in the separation of Lorna and Zala.
    Last edited by whitecrown; 02-21-2021 at 09:41 PM.