Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    This is it, Professor Carey. Come back to us!
    Notice there is no Rogue and/or Gambit on the first cover?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Adam X.... I knew this day would come!!!

So happy about it
    Better than what Brubaker terribly retconned with Vulcan and brought back 70s. I still prefer Adam X over him.

Astonishing Member

Don't like to be cynic here but this feels like nostalgia mining. Which does not bode well for the quality of the series.

Also the part about how "the new series will explore different classic eras of the mutant heroes and will be in-continuity" gives me memories of how the developers of Aliens: Colonial Marines went on about how the story of the game was in "in-continuity" with the movies, which was a marketing stunt for a game where the majority of fans afterwards wished the game really wasn't.
    Besides what's "in-continuity" these days anyway? House of X/Power of X showcased how all continuity can be just warped at the core if a major writer feels like doing it for their story.

Does "classic" now include the last 20 years of X-men because with a few exceptions these have largely been underwhelming setups in my opinion and everything before has allready been dragged out several times.

Though one could play a game guessing which years and storylines will be absolutly ignored for stories set in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought they were reviving the games for a second .
    The last dedicated X-men game was X-men Destiny in 2011 and we know how that turns out.
    So now i'm unimpressed with an upcomming series and sad because it's been almost a decade since a X-men video game.

Is Activision still sitting on the X-men video game license with no interest to have studios make games with it?

I just remembered that one of the Bar Sinister rumors in Powers of X was about the third brother Summers.

This seems planned longer than I imagined.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Yay? I guess...
    I don't mind the idea of a nostalgia book, especially if its stays isolated in one book. Also letting Claremont and Louise Simonson write new stories set in their respective eras doesn't bother me at all, and can actually be pretty cool. The idea of starting it off with a push for Adam X however... well that tells me that Marvel doesn't really care if this is successful.

BANNED

Not sure which is the bigger problem with this; that it is not a video game reboot/sequel or that it is nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    This is it, Professor Carey. Come back to us!
    X men Legacy- The Rogue team.

Supernovas team was the best x team of all time. including Extinction team

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    X men Legacy- The Rogue team.

Supernovas team was the best x team of all time. including Extinction team
    Definitely a favorite of mine personally. Would absolutely love to revisit that team in a tale from Carey and Bachalo.

Extraordinary Member

I know where the nostalgia comments come from, but other than the upcoming Children of the Atom, there is not much about the current era that is not built on nostalgia. It is a complete who's who of nostalgia rubbing elbows with the hot new retcon of the season.

With that in mind I would not be surprised if a lot of the stories in Legends will not be serving a secondary purpose of revealing things that add in to this era of stories.

All that aside, this reminds me of the Symbiote Spider-Man series of books. I only read the first volume but it very well could have been a current story that did not rely on nostalgia.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Did Claremont ever tie up the Neo storyline? That could be an interesting revisit.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

So insted of new storyes were just filling in holes no ones cared enough to do the first time around

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Did Claremont ever tie up the Neo storyline? That could be an interesting revisit.
    You mean how they got defeated and then quickly faded into obscurity never to be build up as any viable villain faction or the attempt at trying to tell how Kitty was somehow related to these (implied to be) new and special mutants?

Though reminds me how we never learned what happend to Marrow in the timeskip leading up to Revolution. She was just gone, there was a oneshot with Spiderman that didn't explain anything and ever since then it was never adressed. Not that she had much chance for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I just remembered that one of the Bar Sinister rumors in Powers of X was about the third brother Summers.

This seems planned longer than I imagined.
    So excited about this.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Filling in holes and tying up loose ends/plots will take the form of new stories. That was obvious, in the article.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

A mix of X-Men Classics II and X-Men Forever II. Does not sound interesting. Rather had him write an Exiles or X-Treme title.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================