Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Don't want Gambit to become a one more summers brother but Remy must be a Sinister's son.
    Yup, the two are just two ingrained in each other's history at this point for this to not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Yup, the two are just two ingrained in each other's history at this point for this to not be the case.

Incredible Member

Plus this line from Miss Sinister about Gambit in the X-23 series: “Nathaniel Essex had a special fondness for you. His special pet.”

In The End, I don't particularly care for Gambit's X-Gene being really only his charming ability and his kinetic power being adapted from Cyclops - but I do think that making him Mr. Sinister's son was the best decision Claremont made in that miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Plus this line from Miss Sinister about Gambit in the X-23 series: “Nathaniel Essex had a special fondness for you. His special pet.”

In The End, I don't particularly care for Gambit's X-Gene being really only his charming ability and his kinetic power being adapted from Cyclops - but I do think that making him Mr. Sinister's son was the best decision Claremont made in that miniseries.
    Yes. It was the highlight of X-Men The End. More Gambit /Sinister father moments in X-men vol2 story with Remy, Bishopand Dark Beast vs Sinister.

Incredible Member

Yes. It was the highlight of X-Men The End. More Gambit /Sinister father moments in X-men vol2 story with Remy, Bishopand Dark Beast vs Sinister.
    I do wish Claremont had a little bit more time, because Mystique killing Sinister with a specialized knife was a bit underwhelming, but Gambit taking his father's mantle to rescue his own family was my favourite part of the story.

There are so many unresolved plots in X-men history. I cannot wait for this. I also like seeing these creators return and revisit these characters. The next “show runner” after Hickman could very well be chosen from these creators.

The third summers brother was a massive mystery that.... was resolved way too late. I’m curious to see what Nicieza has in mind.

Shatterstar’s backstory.

There was a Psylocke v Jean Grey fight that was dropped.

Whatever happened to Amalgam:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Amalgam_(Earth-616)

Zaladane?

Amelia Vought?

Cerebros Xmen?

We already had sinister gambit clones in gillen’s uxm run91CBAEC7-C25F-4D47-A625-1938810EBBD1.jpg

Incredible Member

I want to see:Jean and psylocke adventure ( never told power swap story from 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not unless there is a secret Stan Lee script somewhere.
    Ow, I got it.

So I hope to see: Matt Fraction do something with the Void shard on Cyclops mind and Gillen finishing whatever he planned with UNIT and Danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    There are so many unresolved plots in X-men history. I cannot wait for this. I also like seeing these creators return and revisit these characters. The next “show runner” after Hickman could very well be chosen from these creators.
    While I’m glad that fans are getting some more nostalgia heavy stories the last thing I would want is to regress after Hickman’s run. I hope he gives the main title to some new blood or one of the current writers who really ends up really standing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post

The third summers brother was a massive mystery that.... was resolved way too late. I’m curious to see what Nicieza has in mind.

Shatterstar’s backstory.

There was a Psylocke v Jean Grey fight that was dropped.

Whatever happened to Amalgam:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Amalgam_(Earth-616)

Zaladane?

Amelia Vought?

Cerebros Xmen?
    Cerebros x-men would be amazing. Now since we learn that cerebro had copy’s of all the x-men essence or “souls”
    They were like tech chimeras

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I can't think of a single dangler that I'm burning to see resolved. Certainly not anything involving Adam X. I might have been interested in a PAD X-Factor revisit, but then he turned out to be real shitty, so hard pass to all this.

That Booth cover is so terrible. It looks like Havok is inside Cyclops.

In a just world this book wouldn’t even exist because it distracts from what Hickman and company are doing too much.

Also Claremont should just retire, imagine thinking anything he writes past like 93 is any good lol

Also ew at Remy being Sinister’s kid. Just plain stupidity from the writers and fans who peddle that fan theory.

Nicieza already explained why Sinister would be obsessed with Remy due to all the time travel shit from his first ongoing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Cerebros x-men would be amazing. Now since we learn that cerebro had copy’s of all the x-men essence or “souls”
    They were like tech chimeras
    It would indeed be interesting in retrospective and given what the current status quo has retconned to be Cerebro's main purpose. Too bad "The Hunt For Xavier" falls into that spot between 1997 and 2000, which is one of these "Does anybody remember this time? Did anything happen?" periods for many X-men readers and writers it seems.