Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Uncanny Avengers vol 3 - worth the time and money?

Hi guys,

So I've been catching up with runs I missed out on from a few years back, and I find that UA had a third volume with Gerry Duggan writing for about 30 issues or so.

I'm looking for opinions, I can get the back issues relatively cheap but I'd like to know opinions before I get into it.

All opinions welcome. Thanks!
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 11-10-2020 at 01:38 PM.

duggan uncanny avengers is the only good uncanny avengers

zub was fine too i guess
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Duggan's is the one MOST worth reading.

Duggan only actually did 23 issues - the rest was by Jim Zub. It's a decent book, as long as you like Duggan's Deadpool, as he's on the team and leaves when Duggan does. Zub's issues are a prelude to Avengers No Surrender.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Cable and Deadpool on Avengers.

Chef's kiss.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Duggan only actually did 23 issues - the rest was by Jim Zub. It's a decent book, as long as you like Duggan's Deadpool, as he's on the team and leaves when Duggan does. Zub's issues are a prelude to Avengers No Surrender.
    Yeah, I noticed Deadpool on the covers, I'll just say I'm not into that character...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Cable and Deadpool on Avengers.

Chef's kiss.
    On the other hand, I really like Cable - enough to own most issues of his solo book and a CGC'd copy of New Mutants #87.

Guess I'll sample it and see how things go.

Thanks

Yes. It starts slow in the first arc, but after that it was one of my favorites at the time it was coming out. I also really liked the zub issues at the end.

No it was rubbish, Uncanny Avengers Vol 1 is the bomb, forget vol 2 and vol 3.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Duggan wrote the best of Uncanny Avengers, hands down. It actually felt like it was carrying out its mission: being a cross team of X-Men and Avengers that was trying to unify to tackle common enemies, instead of just the Avengers talking down and trying to make the X-Men bend the knee like in Remender’s run.

Duggan and Zub and great artists? Definitely the best volume of UA. Highly recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Another vote for Duggan.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    No it was rubbish, Uncanny Avengers Vol 1 is the bomb, forget vol 2 and vol 3.
    1 was garbage. Never lived up to the mantra of the team. Everyone acted like children.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt of Rivia View Post
    Hi guys,

So I've been catching up with runs I missed out on from a few years back, and I find that UA had a third volume with Gerry Duggan writing for about 30 issues or so.

I'm looking for opinions, I can get the back issues relatively cheap but I'd like to know opinions before I get into it.

All opinions welcome. Thanks!
    I'd say ignore the previous 2 volumes and only get this! Duggan crafted a really amazing story and if you're a Rogue fan, this is the Avengers title to read
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    I'd say ignore the previous 2 volumes and only get this! Duggan crafted a really amazing story and if you're a Rogue fan, this is the Avengers title to read
    Yeah Rogue was really the darling of the book. Cable was awesome coming in. Duggan's Deadpool always has heart. It's a great volume and story. Especially Duggan's finale.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    1 was garbage. Never lived up to the mantra of the team. Everyone acted like children.
    Thats your opinion, UA Vol 3 had a very basic team compared to UA Vol 1, the art of UA Vol 3 was also very ordinary and this was when Marvel were trying to squeeze the Inhumans into everything.
    Sure the Scarlet Witch and Rogue had some great moments as did Rogue and Wonder Man.
    Besides the above interactions UA Vol 3 is avoidable.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)