Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Shard appeared back in the 90s, in the X-Factor series as a regular (although only as a living hologram, hehehehe)

I wouldn't mind see Eclipse, the guy with light powers from the Gifted series!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm forever team Shard. I don't care if it doesn't make sense, or seems impossible, the X-Office needs to find a way to bring her back. Preferably not as a hologram either.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-12-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Amazing Member

Yeah it seems like Shard would be an easy character to market/push. She has a unique visual and a cool story.

Eclipse from The Gifted is also great! Would love a comic adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanvakaris View Post
    Shard appeared back in the 90s, in the X-Factor series as a regular (although only as a living hologram, hehehehe)

I wouldn't mind see Eclipse, the guy with light powers from the Gifted series
    !
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
    Yeah it seems like Shard would be an easy character to market/push. She has a unique visual and a cool story.

Eclipse from The Gifted is also great! Would love a comic adaptation
    Uh You Dudes you know thats Sunspot right? A comic adaption of a character thats a television adaption of a comic book character
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Uh You Dudes you know thats Sunspot right? A comic adaption of a character thats a television adaption of a comic book character
    Yes that is Sunspot for all intent and purpose however both characters differ in name and powers enough to co-exist in the comic universe. The same could be said for Refrax and Cyclops as well.

Refrax and Buff were Chamber and Husk.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Again different enough Chamber is composed of pure psionic energy while Refrax had optic blasts like Cyclops. Husk sheds her skin to reveal different forms underneath while Buff's muscle mass gave her incredible strength. But they where stand ins for Chamber and Husk. I could be wrong i haven't watched Generation X since it first came out. That being said Eclipse (Marcos Diaz), Buff (Arlee Hicks) and Refrax (Kurt Pastorius) could fit in the comic book universe without taking anything away from Sunspot, Husk and Chamber.

We already have hundreds of rando mutants in the comics that don't get used well. We don't have to import more from these peripheral adaptations. Thank the Goddess Hickman had the wherewithal to shelve X23 for a while. She should have stayed in her single cartoon episode.

We already have hundreds of rando mutants in the comics that don't get used well. We don't have to import more from these peripheral adaptations. Thank the Goddess Hickman had the wherewithal to shelve X23 for a while. She should have stayed in her single cartoon episode.
    On this we agree. Though i'm of two minds on this while X-23 never worked for me Firestar who started out as a character on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends is one of my favorite Marvel characters.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 11-13-2020 at 08:24 AM.

To each their own.

Mighty Member

Wasn’t spyke written out of the show because he was very unpopular?

Let me have this!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

TAS Morph which was more like Changeling with the name of AoA "Morph" but I think TAS predates that part of AoA. So he got nothing in both worlds. (I think he was a fill in for Nightcrawler or Puck as the one that "Made me laugh," for Wolverine) I wasn't big on it but i know that much.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 11-13-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    TAS Morph which was more like Changeling with the name of AoA "Morph" but I think TAS predates that part of AoA. So he got nothing in both worlds. (I think he was a fill in for Nightcrawler or Puck as the one that "Made me laugh," for Wolverine) I wasn't big on it but i know that much.
    At least a version of Morph (based on AoA Morph, but not from the AoA universe) got to be on Exiles for awhile. Poor TAS Morph was "created" (as in loosely based on Changeling) mostly to die for dramatic effect, it seemed. I guess original 616 Changeling has probably been resurrected on Krakoa, but I don't know if we'll see much of him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Shard again, she was cool.

I feel like Spyke was created realized that, "Oh ****, we need black teen to represent since we made Storm into an adult for reasons!" And then then they decided to have him as Storm's blood relation without explaining the full backstory. My head canon is that David Munroe had a child before he married N'Dari, and Storm and her half-sister (Spyke's mother) met when Storm returned to America as an adult. That's like the only way his relation to Storm would make sense.