Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I feel like Spyke was created realized that, "Oh ****, we need black teen to represent since we made Storm into an adult for reasons!" And then then they decided to have him as Storm's blood relation without explaining the full backstory. My head canon is that David Munroe had a child before he married N'Dari, and Storm and her half-sister (Spyke's mother) met when Storm returned to America as an adult. That's like the only way his relation to Storm would make sense.
    Spyke was created to be the token black skateboard kid that was running rampant in those days. Nothing more, nothing less.

Incredible Member

Marcos and Twist from the GIfted

I guess you could also throw in the Struckers, wouldn't be two hard
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Yes that is Sunspot for all intent and purpose however both characters differ in name and powers enough to co-exist in the comic universe.
    Apparently not
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
    Spyke
    Abilities: Exterior bone growth and projection
    This character from X-Men: Evolution was popular to kids in the early 2000s and with mainstream appeal, he could have made a smooth transition to printed media. Should they “Firestar” him and bring him into the fold?
    Spike was a character in X-Force/X-Statix.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Spike was a character in X-Force/X-Statix.
    That means he died a horrible death, right?! ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I dont know why they chose to have Storm be an Adult instead of a Teen like the others....likely the writers had no idea how to write teenage black character? This is evident with Spyke whose sh!tty persona was made worse when compared to how fleshed out/interesting other chars later became.
    Wolverine and Hank were adults too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    That means he died a horrible death, right?! ^_^
    Probably. I don't remember how Spike died.

Extraordinary Member

Was Eclipse from the Gifted mentioned yet. He’s much different from alternate Sunspot that he could be used in comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanvakaris View Post
    Shard appeared back in the 90s, in the X-Factor series as a regular (although only as a living hologram, hehehehe)

I wouldn't mind see Eclipse, the guy with light powers from the Gifted series!
    These days, would she be labeled as AI instead of living hologram?

Incredible Member

For me its Berzerker and Scale-face. Though both were in comics, they were criminally underused. Once Scale-face got murdered by the cops, Berzerker completely lost it and Cyke had to indirectly kill him. I believe he was supposed to be the electrical kid in X-men evolution, but it could also be the second Maverick (Never did figure it out). Scale-face cameoed in X-men:TAS. I kinda wish they would come back as they were unique.

Silas King was in the 90s series but I don’t think he’s ever been in an X-Book.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

I dont know why they chose to have Storm be an Adult instead of a Teen like the others....likely the writers had no idea how to write teenage black character? This is evident with Spyke whose sh!tty persona was made worse when compared to how fleshed out/interesting other chars later became.
    More like they didn't know how to write a teenage "goddess". I mean, seriously, how do you write a character like the regal, commanding, dramatic Storm . . . as a kid? And so much of how she is comes from the string of events in her back story. Orphaned in Cairo, manipulated and mistreated by Amahl Farouk, trekked across practically all of Africa and ended up worshiped in Kenya (which, honestly, is a little questionable an outcome and depiction of Black Africans. Their first instinct was to worship someone who had strange abilities?). Would they have all that occur earlier or maybe just pluck her out of Africa during her adolescent trek across the continent? Other adaptations have tried. X-Men Apocalypse did a teenage Storm, but they just had her as a thief that was amped up by Apocalypse. Ultimate X-Men had a teenage Storm but she really didn't feel like Storm.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Buff, Refrax or Lightwave again. Buff and Refrax are only Husk and Chamber in so much as they represent the "good girl" and "bad boy" archetypes of teen fiction respectively. They approached it very differently than their comic book inspirations. Lightwave is a nice, left-field choice and if they keep her back story it could spice things up for Iceman. As for Spyke . . . I don't hate him. The thing with Evan was that he was just a dumb, irresponsible, cocky kid. He wasn't afraid of his powers. He didn't have any hang-ups about his appearance. He was more interested in having fun than anything else. He didn't even really want to be an X-Man. In some ways, that made him a lot more normal than the rest of the cast. And in a lot of ways fans hated him for it. They seemed to find him a lot more palatable once he got serious and had more baggage after he returned with the Morlocks. So, if they ever did introduce him they'd probably have to make him serious and give him baggage and maybe a tragic back story. And really, he wouldn't seem like Spyke anymore. At least, not like he was for most of the show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Silas King was in the 90s series but I don’t think he’s ever been in an X-Book.
    Not in an x-book that I can recall but that's Solarr from the 616.

Because for some reason black girls are viewed as adults from a very young age and they would rather have her play a stereotypical den mother role.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Because for some reason black girls are viewed as adults from a very young age and they would rather have her play a stereotypical den mother role.
    They did need other teachers besides Xavier. Wolverine makes sense, who would you have picked instead of Storm.