Default Based on Feats can Post Crisis Batman beat New 52 Batman?

1) No gear
    2) Standard gear
    3) Both have 1 week to prep against the other. * Hellbat Armor isn't Batman purely built or acquired so it's not included.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 11-11-2020 at 12:22 AM.

3) Both have 1 week to prep against the other. * Hellbat Armor isn't Batman purely built or acquired so it's not included.
    Still gives New 52 the anti JLA armor, soo....

Anyway, the problem of 1 and 2 is that New 52/Rebirth Bats is supposed to have done like 99% of what post Crisis Batman did, even though that basically makes no sense whatsoever. So he technically has most of post crisis' feats. Even though that makes no sense.

The New 52 was very badly thought out, I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post

Anyway, the problem of 1 and 2 is that New 52/Rebirth Bats is supposed to have done like 99% of what post Crisis Batman did, even though that basically makes no sense whatsoever. So he technically has most of post crisis' feats. Even though that makes no sense.

Ah, the good old days when Dan Didio, Geoff Johns et al tried to pretend that the rest of the DC universe was completely changed but the Green Lantern continuity and Batman continuity was entirely unaffected.

So Kyle Rayner definitely did those things during post-Crisis JLA days with Wally West as Flash, despite Wally West never having been Flash, and Batman definitely did stuff with Cass Cain as Batgirl even though Cass Cain hadn’t been Batgirl. Or something.

Extraordinary Member

For whatever it's worth, Post-Crisis Superman thought Nu52 Bats was "Maybe a bit faster" than Post-Crisis Batman.

The fact that he's been around longer means his best speed feats have more weight, since he doesn't have the long history of not being that fast to contrast with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    For whatever it's worth, Post-Crisis Superman thought Nu52 Bats was "Maybe a bit faster" than Post-Crisis Batman.

The fact that he's been around longer means his best speed feats have more weight, since he doesn't have the long history of not being that fast to contrast with.
    It's not worth all that much when the intent is that they have functionally the same history with some exceptions.

It's a stupid intent.

But that's the intent.

Extraordinary Member

It's not worth all that much when the intent is that they have functionally the same history with some exceptions.

It's a stupid intent.

But that's the intent.
    Eh, when I see "Stories are all still canon" I see that as more "The major beats still happened but not all of the minor details."

We already know that things like dates change due to sliding timescale, and even more important stuff that that could be dropped too. Like, we know the Jason Todd still died in the Nu52, but something tells me that they ditched the part where the Joker became the Iranian ambassador.

Eh, when I see "Stories are all still canon" I see that as more "The major beats still happened but not all of the minor details."

We already know that things like dates change due to sliding timescale, and even more important stuff that that could be dropped too. Like, we know the Jason Todd still died in the Nu52, but something tells me that they ditched the part where the Joker became the Iranian ambassador.
    You can see it that way, but the way they intended it was clear for the stupidity that they intended. Anything else is just deciding you didn't like the movie so you wrote your own movie in your head.

It's dumb what they want to be true, sure, but it is what it is.

On the same kind of note, I remember that when he got his memories back during the Bloom arc (when Gordon was using a Robo-Bat-Bunny), Alfred said that due to what happened during Endgame with the Dionesium, all the scarring was gone, and that along with his experience, that made Bruce the strongest and fastest Batman ever. Did some feats come out of that?
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 11-12-2020 at 01:07 PM.

So, like, the New 52 Superman isn't the Post-Crisis Superman just because he has a totally different origin and early career?

But but that would mean the advertising was false.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    So, like, the New 52 Superman isn't the Post-Crisis Superman just because he has a totally different origin and early career?

But but that would mean the advertising was false.
    Rebirth Supes is a literal fusion of post and pre nu52 Supermen, so at least he has a bit of an explanation.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

I know.

Was just wondering if Post Crisis and New 52 feat wise are really close enough that there is no definitive winner in H2H. With standard gear, I figure NEW 52 has the advantage due to his cowl being more reskstant to damage.

Wouldn't plst-crisis have some kind of counter to the JLA Buster armor? Maybe some kind of sonic or electromagnetic scrambler?