Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Solid issue. What was interesting to me, in the .LR issue, was how Norman mentioned about 'lies he told' concerning Harry... likely his resurrection. Gonna be interesting to finally get to the truth of it all.

Incredible Member

I read this issue in under 6 minutes and was disappointed. I’m ready for this to be over. I’m over the whole “I know secrets I never told” and “it’s not me that’s important” BS. Get to the damn point already. And yes people will say “we are getting an issue of Spider-Man every week for 3 months straight.” But this story has been going on for a while and it’s just tiring at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I read this issue in under 6 minutes and was disappointed. I’m ready for this to be over. I’m over the whole “I know secrets I never told” and “it’s not me that’s important” BS. Get to the damn point already. And yes people will say “we are getting an issue of Spider-Man every week for 3 months straight.” But this story has been going on for a while and it’s just tiring at this point.
    I...sadly agree. I think this issue highlights my problem with this run; it's a lot of pomp, but not much bang for your buck, which is ridiculous because it's $3.99 for 20 story pages that barely moves it forward. At least with Morlun in ASM vol. 2 #33 and #34, there were only three issues of buildup, and the impact was still strong. But here, it's been two years, 50+ issues, and...we get a fight that lasts for 9 pages. That's so bad.

I'm just going to stick with JMS Spider-Man for now...

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I...sadly agree. I think this issue highlights my problem with this run; it's a lot of pomp, but not much bang for your buck, which is ridiculous because it's $3.99 for 20 story pages that barely moves it forward. At least with Morlun in ASM vol. 2 #33 and #34, there were only three issues of buildup, and the impact was still strong. But here, it's been two years, 50+ issues, and...we get a fight that lasts for 9 pages. That's so bad.

I'm just going to stick with JMS Spider-Man for now...
    The fight isnt even over. Next issue according to solicits is most brutal fight in Spidey history.

Also dont pretend there haven't been other fights and stories in thise other issues. People act like the only story told is Kindred. Am i the only one who didnt obsess over Kindred for the first 50 issues and just enjoyed the other arcs for what they were?
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-11-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    The fight isnt even over. Next issue according to solicits is most brutal fight in Spidey history.
    These solicits haven't been accurate for as long as this run has started, so who knows what the heck happens in the next issue?
    And besides: that's not an excuse for this issue to be as short and empty as it was. It's ridiculous.

What was that one officer doing holding handcuffs against Kindred Spider-Woman? Was he planning to arrest her? I don't know if that's brave or dumb .

Also dont pretend there haven't been other fights and stories in thise other issues. People act like the only story told is Kindred. Am i the only one who didnt obsess over Kindred dorn59 issues and just enjoyed the other arcs for what they were?
    Nobody was obsessing over Kindred: the problem is that it's built up over 50+ issues to be some big deal and this is what we get. More of the same. That's not good, because you needed this one to be different.
    As for those other arcs, yes, I enjoyed them. But there's a point where it's got to go somewhere. You need tighter storytelling with sharper plots, dialogue, and action scenes to make this comic worth it. Otherwise, it's just padding for the sake of padding.
    This issue? Padding.
    The art issues, the pacing issues, the lack of connectivity between this and the larger Marvel Universe, and even just the way Peter is characterized in this run...it's opening my eyes to the fact that maybe this wasn't the Spider-Man run it's cracked up to be. Maybe we need a new writer who understands the delicate balance that this series desperately needs.

Also dont pretend there haven't been other fights and stories in thise other issues. People act like the only story told is Kindred. Am i the only one who didnt obsess over Kindred for the first 50 issues and just enjoyed the other arcs for what they were?
    no you weren't I wasnt really looking for anything important in this run just good stories involving Peter
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Nobody was obsessing over Kindred: the problem is that it's built up over 50+ issues to be some big deal and this is what we get. More of the same. That's not good, because you needed this one to be different.
    As for those other arcs, yes, I enjoyed them. But there's a point where it's got to go somewhere. You need tighter storytelling with sharper plots, dialogue, and action scenes to make this comic worth it. Otherwise, it's just padding for the sake of padding.
    This issue? Padding.
    The art issues, the pacing issues, the lack of connectivity between this and the larger Marvel Universe, and even just the way Peter is characterized in this run...it's opening my eyes to the fact that maybe this wasn't the Spider-Man run it's cracked up to be. Maybe we need a new writer who understands the delicate balance that this series desperately needs.
    I feel like this run has been written too much for the trade, but then again most comics are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like this run has been written too much for the trade, but then again most comics are these days.
    Indeed you're right. I wish we had done-in-one issues that actually told a completed story in one setting. That would justify a $3.99 price tag and make it worth having a monthly (or biweekly) schedule. Otherwise, it just leads to this crap.

This issue? Padding.
    I will admit the issue was short, but for me it was all killer no filler. It was a brutal fight with a shocking ending and personally it was 10/10 for me. I am at the edge of my seat to see what happens next.

"Nobody was obsessing over Kindred: the problem is that it's built up over 50+ issues to be some big deal and this is what we get. More of the same. "

I'm not sure how this issue was more of the same, when what we have gotten is a lot of varied arcs ranging from Boomerang roommate, Kraven arc, Spider-Man fighting thieves guild with Black Cat, Kingpin plot, Gog arc, etc. Then you Kindred arc with the first part of them meeting which starts with the most brutal spectacular fight with the arc only midway through....
    We don't know what the outcome of all this will be...
    This is the first issue on confronting Kindred, we have 3 more to go in this arc and you are acing like its over like "this is what we get"....

How can you say "that's all you get" when Peter is just met Kindred and there is more to go?
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-11-2020 at 01:22 PM.

I will admit the issue was short, but for me it was all killer no filler. It was a brutal fight with a shocking ending and personally it was 10/10 for me. I am at the edge of my seat to see what happens next.

"Nobody was obsessing over Kindred: the problem is that it's built up over 50+ issues to be some big deal and this is what we get. More of the same. "

I'm not sure how this issue was more of the same, when what we have gotten is a lot of varied arcs ranging from Boomerang roommate, Kraven arc, Spider-Man fighting thieves guild with Black Cat, Kingpin plot, Gog arc, etc. Then you Kindred arc with the first part of them meeting which starts with the most brutal spectacular fight with the arc only midway through....
    We don't know what the outcome of all this will be...
    This is the first issue on confronting Kindred, we have 3 more to go in this arc and you are acing like its over like "this is what we get"....

How can you say "that's all you get" when Peter is just met Kindred and there is more to go?
    This is all we get with Kindred, not the arcs of the book. And you defending this makes it that much worse.
    Just admit that this was all for nothing and that this book is kind of spinning in its wheels right now. There's nothing here that's particularly new or exciting. Edge of your seat? Give me a freakin' break. Let me explain how this will go down:
    - Peter gets his butt handed to him
    - Villain monologues to Peter about his so-called lies and misinformation
    - Villain tortures or hurts Peter and/or loved ones
    - Peter feels guilty and hurt over his actions
    - Peter overcomes said guilt through a pep talk somehow and then resumes his activities as Spider-Man
    - Peter fights said villain and defeats him
    - Rinse and repeat.

Nothing new, nothing gained, nothing learned. NOTHING.
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 11-11-2020 at 01:26 PM.

This is all we get with Kindred, not the arcs of the book. And you defending this makes it that much worse.
    Ok, sure, Last Remains. Issue 50 - 55. At issue 52, WebSlingWonder declares "that's all we got with Kindred". Literally you know this Last Remains arc is 6 issues and you said "That's all?" at issue 52. Makes no sense to me.

Just admit that this was all for nothing and that this book is kind of spinning in its wheels right now. There's nothing here that's particularly new or exciting. Edge of your seat? Give me a freakin' break. Let me explain how this will go down:
    - Peter gets his butt handed to him
    - Villain monologues to Peter about his so-called lies and misinformation
    - Villain tortures or hurts Peter and/or loved ones
    - Peter feels guilty and hurt over his actions
    - Peter overcomes said guilt through a pep talk somehow and then resumes his activities as Spider-Man
    - Peter fights said villain and defeats him
    - Rinse and repeat.

Nothing new, nothing gained, nothing learned. NOTHING.
    I'm confused. Did you think issue 52 was the last one in the arc? "Nothing learned" when the solicits literally have told us for weeks that issue 55 is where learns what Kindred wants to reveal and it changes everything? Did you think it was issue 52 where this happens when we were told its issue 55 this whole time?

I knew there would be a fight in issues 52-53. I knew a big reveal is coming in issue 55. I'm not upset that the promised revelation didn't come sooner than when were explicitly told it would come.

Ok, sure, Last Remains. Issue 50 - 55. At issue 52, WebSlingWonder declares "that's all we got with Kindred". Literally you know this Last Remains arc is 6 issues and you said "That's all?" at issue 52. Makes no sense to me.
    I'm confused. Did you think issue 52 was the last one in the arc? Nothing learned when the solicits literally have told us for weeks that issue 55 is where learns what Kindred wants to reveal and it changes everything? Did you think it was issue 52 where this happens when we were told its issue 55 this whole time?
    I'm not an idiot: I know this isn't the last issue in the arc. I'm saying that this arc will ultimately amount to nothing happening and that this issue was my wake-up call for that fact.