Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They are in a world where the innocent imagination of a child transforms you into a dragon.

Otherworld is not very serious. It is full of powerful people who are crazy, like Mad Jim Jaspers, Jaime Braddock and others. Saturnyne is like Queen of Hearts in Wonderland.
    I was talking more about Saturnyne than Otherworld, with that moment, you could see that she really wasn't taking this thing all that seriously.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Really a big whiplash. Seemed like a serious situation tht people could perma die, fight to the death. Now the rules are all over the place, seems like a big joke
    And that is the problem. If they had gone with this tone from the start we'd have been more accepting, but this is like if Game of Thrones suddenly became Robin Hood Men in Tights. Nothing wrong with either 1 on their own but they don't go together.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I was talking more about Saturnyne than Otherworld, with that moment, you could see that she really wasn't taking this thing all that seriously.
    Yeah, she's like a child with new toys to have fun with. Arakko are those "megapowerful conquerors of another dimension" and for her they are a simple source of fun.

She is laughing at everyone. Both sides accepted the tournament without even knowing the rules and now they can't even withdraw.

Comedy aside, Doug and Bei's marriage seems like a diplomatic solution. I'm wondering if it is intended (by Saturnyne) to somehow form an uneasy alliance between the worlds?

Based on her comments, I think Saturnyne was expecting the wedding to dissolve into a fight rather than actually be completed. She thought it'd be funny to pair together the two people who can't understand each other. She didn't count on Bei taking marriage so seriously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Comedy aside, Doug and Bei's marriage seems like a diplomatic solution. I'm wondering if it is intended (by Saturnyne) to somehow form an uneasy alliance between the worlds?
    I think the joke is that the “fights” are literally anything saturnine wants. She made them get swords for no reason to be in fights where she decides the winner on a whim. She had Doug and Bei get married cause she could there is no deeper logic to it. This entire event is about saturnine just toying with everyone for as long as she can. Plus she clearly fake killed Betsy to put her in a jar somewhere because she knows nobody will question her death or try to resurrect her. So double win for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I think the joke is that the “fights” are literally anything saturnine wants. She made them get swords for no reason to be in fights where she decides the winner on a whim. She had Doug and Bei get married cause she could there is no deeper logic to it. This entire event is about saturnine just toying with everyone for as long as she can. Plus she clearly fake killed Betsy to put her in a jar somewhere because she knows nobody will question her death or try to resurrect her. So double win for her.
    Seems like the swords are just for getting access to otherworld. So much work to get them and some won't even use it

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This event started as a good kinds of WTF? and is turning into a bad one. It gets increasingly clearer we didn't need that many issues, and is just going bonkers now without actually being fun.
    Totally agree. I think all that set up we had to go through works if each contest is an epic battle or at least a clever subversion of what we’d expect that force the Krakoans to grow in meaningful ways. If Doug was just gonna get married I did not need that heartfelt issue of him training.

Can't wait till this witch gets the Le Fay treatment.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Amazing Member

A bit nonsensical but the art was beautiful. Hoping the next few chapters have some straight forward battles with consequence.

Does anyone know what the sales for this series is? Since this series debuted.

What in the hell is this mess? Crossovers are almost always a complete waste of everyone's time and this one started with such tremendous promise only to eventually turn into dog ****. Wake me up when this nightmare is over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Does anyone know what the sales for this series is? Since this series debuted.
    Comichron.com has the sales, just mising post covid numbers

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Really a big whiplash. Seemed like a serious situation tht people could perma die, fight to the death. Now the rules are all over the place, seems like a big joke
    Welcome to Otherworld

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Can't wait till this witch gets the Le Fay treatment.
    She's not a witch, she's a self made woman u.u