Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Oddly enough, the best issue of the three this week. Didn't know it until I read them all, but Betsy vs Isca was also the best battle of the three. Obviously the starlight sword was a trick and Saturnyne has something up her sleeve. Interesting way to trick Isca's powers so she still wins.

I was ok with the wedding, interesting twist and was enjoyable to read. I also enjoyed the Jubilee stuff, but it would have been nice to get an update of Rogue and Gambit too. Not sure if Shoo is part of Saturnyne's plan or not. But I dont know why she didn't reign him in sooner if she could do it any time.

I'm very disappointed in the direction they choose to go with Bei the Blood Moon.

I thought the reason that she would use words that no one else used was because she was a traditionalist and loyal to the old ways when Krakoa and Arrakoa were one. I thought she was going to be an incite into how mutants operated at a tribal level. The fact that they just reduced her to this love interest was seriously lame.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cptnbritain View Post
    Interesting that Jamie referred to it as Betsy's "disappearance" as opposed to death....

I really don't think this is the end of Betsy's involvement in this arc.... and I really hope she comes back and kicks Isca's ass- that gurl way too smug for her own good!
    If you couldn't lose, you'd be smug too. If anything, it might be frustrating for Isca.

Doug has had sex with Danger so he isn’t a virgin.

Isca is surprisingly nice for someone whose power is not to lose. She offers an easy exit to Betsy and tries to save Cypher's life in Marauders.

This storyline is not going how I expected it would.

I don't understand the reason for the wedding in context of the larger Swords of X storyline: like, why would anyone plan such a thing as part of a tournament of swordfights?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Still, my glass tends to be half full when reading comics, so I'll continue to enjoy Swords of X, odd choices and all

-Pav, who hopes Krakoa wins and chooses to merge with Arakko to save them from Amenth...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

-Pav, who hopes Krakoa wins and chooses to merge with Arakko to save them from Amenth...
    I think this is what they're aiming for. It's not that obvious, but I do think Krakoan and Arakki will join forces against Ameth's forces. The only problem is Ameth's forces is being led by Apocalypse's wife and family.

I doubt that Krakoa and Arrako would be united/merged. Arrako might find a residency in the Otherworld tho and they'd be separated/united by a portal. A portal guarded by Krakoa and Arrako themshelves.

I'm genuinely sorry to see so many folks upset at the direction the story is going. Swords are cool and all, but personally I was not looking forward to watching the X-Men battling a bunch of barbarian mutants to the death with sharp sticks. It's beneath them.

I'm delighted that expectations are being up-ended. This whole event is turning into a fascinating exploration of the corner of the X-Universe established by Claremont and Davis, but was then all-but ignored for decades. The nutso mix of Arthurian legend, magic and mystery, fantastic beasts, gorgeous people, places and fashions, zany hijinks and shouty melodrama, and the sudden tonal shifts and character transformations - this is Excalibur and I'm loving it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    I'm genuinely sorry to see so many folks upset at the direction the story is going. Swords are cool and all, but personally I was not looking forward to watching the X-Men battling a bunch of barbarian mutants to the death with sharp sticks. It's beneath them.

I'm delighted that expectations are being up-ended. This whole event is turning into a fascinating exploration of the corner of the X-Universe established by Claremont and Davis, but was then all-but ignored for decades. The nutso mix of Arthurian legend, magic and mystery, fantastic beasts, gorgeous people, places and fashions, zany hijinks and shouty melodrama, and the sudden tonal shifts and character transformations - this is Excalibur and I'm loving it!
    Then maybe the story could have just been about otherworld and the X-men instead of pretending it was something else. People are made because this isn’t an event this is giant source book for otherworld and future stories. Nothing happening now matters. That’s bad writing

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Then maybe the story could have just been about otherworld and the X-men instead of pretending it was something else. People are mad because this isn’t an event this is giant source book for otherworld and future stories. Nothing happening now matters. That’s bad writing
    I don't understand how so many miss this.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I don't understand how so many miss this.
    Because we are open to being surprised by the narrative?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    Unfortunately, paying readers want action and adventure in the action and adventure products they paid for.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Doug already had sex with Danger.

But I don't know if that counts.
    Danger is just a fleshlight so it doesn't count.
    "Cable was right!"

My main beef with this event is it's way longer than it needs to be I don't care that their not using the Swords but what was the point of wasting all those issues when all the Swords could have been gathered by 3 issues, 2 issues of world building, and as they are now 3 more issues of "Krakoa Vs Arrako" the end. Or again could have been it's own thing instead their forcing everyone to read by making it the focus off all the titles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Because we are open to being surprised by the narrative?
    What narrative? We have learned nothing about the conflict since the event started! Even the big mid story twist with genesis was called during the free comic book issue. We have learned lots of facts about otherworld that may be interesting in future stories but do not matter now! Oh look mad Jim and the fury are back! That will be interesting in a year or so when they actually matter in a story. Merlin and his daughter Are having a feud? That sounds fun can’t wait to read about in probably 2 years in an avengers book. Oh look the peak is back! That will be fun to read about in January lol. Nothing happening NOW has anything to do with the story NOW. Nick Spencer talked about this when writing secret empire. The last 1/3 of an event is focused on setting up the next event and connecting to the other event going on because marvel always has two events going on at the same time now. So I look forward to fucking Knull showing up near the end to argue parliamentary procedures about the control of otherworld leading to new vote and and saturnine being overruled about the contest and everyone going home until next voting session CAUSE THATS WHAT THIS EVENT IS!!