Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I enjoyed the issue, even if it was just more getting to know about the Arakkii swordbearers. There were some good humorous moments, Cable and Magik testing Isca, [A] and Annihilgenesis' brief exchange. Redroot and Death talking is more suggestion that some of the Arakkii are open to peace. The scenes with Cable and [A] were strange, Nate seems to want his approval? Caselli's art was amazing.
    I think Cable with Apocalypse is less the approval of Apocalypse and more generally the approval of "anyone".

He has people reminding him all the time that he's not as good as Old Cable and that makes him feel insecure. Apocalypse is just another in a long list that respected Old Cable.

It looks like Cypher now can't die in the battle because White Sword gave him eternal life. So is this how the writers are gonna handle him getting killed b/c he's not as skilled as the other Krakoan Swordbearers?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    It looks like Cypher now can't die in the battle because White Sword gave him eternal life. So is this how the writers are gonna handle him getting killed b/c he's not as skilled as the other Krakoan Swordbearers?
    Read Excalibur to see what happens with Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    He has not given him eternal life, he has simply healed him. He has the power to heal and resurrect people in an unlimited way, but not to give eternal life. If Cypher dies and White Swords does not want to resurrect him, he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Read Excalibur to see what happens with Doug.
    Ahhh! I had to stop reading all of this week's books b/c I started work at 12:30. I'm gonna read the other books when I'm off at 4. Ugh!!!!

Spectacular Member

The White Sword reminds me of Davy Jones from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Can extend your life but only if you swear allegiance to him which makes you bound to him. Think I would take death then eternal life in servitude.

Finally learned what Death's mutant power is and why he wears a mask. Apparently seeing his true face equals instant death. Wonder how limited the range and scope is. Would it be similar in effect as Gorgon's mutation?

Comment between Apocalypse and Genesis was my favorite. Chaos all around them and they just sit there talking as if this wasa common occurence at the dinner table.

Yes, I think Death and Gorgon powers work similarly. They should start a group with Cyclops.

Storm being disgusted by the unicorn was honestly a mood

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, I think Death and Gorgon powers work similarly. They should start a group with Cyclops.
    Adding Cyclops woulf negate the cool factor.
    My flag is bacon.

Amazing Member

With the amount of development and fun moments they’re giving Isca, I will be shocked if she doesn’t survive and eventually join the mutants on Krakoa.

BANNED

I'm shocked some of you thought this was so great. This was easily the worst of the week for me. Mostly nonsense and banter which we just had an issue of. I also thought the opening bit with Wolverine was a little.....flat. Then again, I feel like Marauders loses steam when it loses it's main cast.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I'm shocked some of you thought this was so great. This was easily the worst of the week for me. Mostly nonsense and banter which we just had an issue of. I also thought the opening bit with Wolverine was a little.....flat. Then again, I feel like Marauders loses steam when it loses it's main cast.
    I like banter. Thanks to this issue we have learned a lot about the personalities of the Swordbearers of Arakko and some of Krakoa. Isca is arrogant but kind (in her own way), White Sword is noble and badass. Kid Cable has a feeling of inferiority to Old Cable. War is willing to do anything to win. Redroot does not want war and envies the mutants of Krakoa.

BANNED

well people are deep in krakoa, so I'm not surprised this is mostly positive here.

Maauders mostly loses steam anyway

¾
    Hah! What main cast? There's like one person, Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Brian's exchange with Saturnyne seemingly does indicate that Wolverine was kind of correct in the previous issue - if Brian takes one for the team, then this game would be more in the Krakoan's favor.
    That went down in flames the moment he even thought to assassinate her, if he had just for once not acted like an ass and Storm not gone along with it things could have gone different. They could have gotten the win for the attempted poison but he f'ed it all up.