Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Also i had to admit, Logan saying "Wait, your are Summoner's old lady, $#@%!" make me laugth a lot.
    yeah very funny i was also mad when I heard Saturnyne saying its a fight to the death and you are supposed to die
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Wow this event just turned into a total farce lol 2/3 of the event are super serious about the stakes and then we get to the fight and we are reminded that there are no rules and this entire conflict was made up by saturnine for her own amusement. Took a long time to get there but that’s a good punchline lol

Cassara got to flex on this one.

Waaay too much Wolverine in XoS though.

Amazing Member

Cassara really killed these fight sequences. I demand a rematch between Pogg and Magik. Bye Summoner, miss your pretty booty and non-binary baddy vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Wow this event just turned into a total farce lol 2/3 of the event are super serious about the stakes and then we get to the fight and we are reminded that there are no rules and this entire conflict was made up by saturnine for her own amusement. Took a long time to get there but that’s a good punchline lol
    Marauders had a whole datapage to tell us what the stakes are

Saturnyne is just having fun, let her enjoy herself after Logan almost killed her and Brian dumped her and Betsy stole her sword.

BANNED

People still trust in what Saturnyne says haha
    Maybe the vision is jus ter manipulation like almost everything in this event

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

Saturnyne is just having fun, let her enjoy herself after Logan almost killed her and Brian dumped her and Betsy stole her sword.

Technically this is all the fault of Death and Havok for signing into a tournament without reading the fine print.

Sheesh. This even is a mess.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Pasted from Excalibur thread!

I genuinely don't know what the three issues from this week were, you can't or you shouldn't spend that much time setting up the rules to your story only to veer this much in the other direction. We for better or worse were promised sword fights, yet the tone, characters, and what feels like logic has all been thrown out of the window without taking the time or care to set up the necessary narrative devices to warrant such a shift.

I've made a lot excuses for this event but this week has got to be the lowest point for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

She had all that coming.

She's gonna get hers.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Spectacular Member

Wolverine's own words perfectly describe the whole X of Swords: "This is beyond bullshit. What are we even doing here?". This makes no sense whatsoever.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Some isssues (days ago) Storm had a fall out with her boyfriend Tchalla and now she is already smooching Wolverine?
    You are aware that she was dating Wolverine in Uncanny X-Men like a month before the whole "black power couple" wedding was manufactured out of nowhere right? She was making out with him in the Danger Room during the X.S.E. days in the middle of training exercises in front of the whole team. You are aware that as soon as Panther had their ridiculous marriage annulled she immediately went back to the X-Men and jumped Logan's bones, right? You are aware that she and Logan lived together for an entire year in the World while they were dating, without the X-Men or Wakanda, or anything else, right? You do know that long term X-Men fans have theorized that they have been "involved" for decades at this point? She hangs out in his room in a nightie, wearing his leather jacket and shades when it seems as if they have just woken up. He gets out of arguments with her by randomly kissing her into compliance in front of the whole team after bluffing and winning a card game for the fate of the Earth. When the X-Men fight Horde in Uncanny Annual # 11 Storm knows they are going to die and who does she lock lips with in front of Captain Britain and the whole X-Team? The short ugly guy. Who did she count on to have her back when she was team leader? And who admits that he would follow her as leader in situations where he would not follow Cyclops? Who does she tease about saving her from drowning while fighting Magneto by sharing the air in his lungs with her, "A sly way to steal a kiss..." Who comforted her after she ripped out Marrow's heart? T'Challa knew in advance she was going to bang Logan and he begged her not to do it. He asked her not to do it because she probably told him that she had in the past, which she confirms that they did right before they get down in the Danger Room, which is apparently their version of Lover's Lane. The only reason she was sniffing around T'Challa was because Logan died and she was depressed. Also for most of that period he was in space and not around. Fact is Storm has a lot of history and chemistry with Logan. She had NONE with T'Challa until the poorly conceived wedding travesty. They met one time in an issue of Marvel Team-Up (I believe) and even that story had to be retconned to make T'Challa look like the hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    even if drunk, that is bad.
    No, the wedding to T'Challa was bad. A relationship between Storm and Wolverine is the most natural thing in the X-Men world. If you don't see it you have not read enough back issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Waaay too much Wolverine in XoS though.
    Only way to make this stinker sell.

Mighty Member

When Wolverine won the battle with War, why was Arakko given a point instead of Krakoa? It doesn't make sense.

Wolverine won both battles and Arakko gets two points?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    When Wolverine won the battle with War, why was Arakko given a point instead of Krakoa? It doesn't make sense.

Wolverine won both battles and Arakko gets two points?
    Because he was fighting for Solem as part of their deal for the Muramasa Sword.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Because he was fighting for Solem as part of their deal for the Muramasa Sword.
    So whoever wins the fight, it is still one point for Arakko? That's just not fair.

The only real swordfighting we've seen so far is the one from Wolverine.

The rest of the 'fights' this week were just nonsensical.